U.S. Politics 2017: You Flynn Some, You Lose Some

Martell Spy

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

Probably. And I'm not disagreeing; I think that a whole lot of people became very enamored of Trump because he's a racist like they are, and they could finally be throaty about it. 

Yup, and he gave them a shield with said throatiness (holy crap, the website says that's a real word, you learn something new every day I guess) by rebranding it as "speaking your mind" and "saying what's in your gut." It's gross.

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

But to the rest of the Trump supporters, they basically support him for all sorts of wildly bizarre reasons. I have a friend who is pissed off that her taxes are going up after Trump said they wouldn't. Another one is angry about the health care stuff. Both of them still support him

Yup, see my post at the top of the page. These kinds of issues are secondary for average Trump supporters, especially the ones who were with him since he called Mexicans rapists and murderers. The driving factors are whiteness and ethno-nationalism. 

Between the FCC looking to ditch net neutrality and this tax plan, Trump and the GOP have made it blatantly clear that theyd like nothing more than to hand over every fucking dollar and resource in this country to massive corporations and 1%ers.  Anyone with a shred of intelligence knew it was coming but hoped that common decency would prevail.   

I cannot wait for my Trump loving boss to get slammed with taxes next year.  I hope he has to take out a second mortgage on his house.  Schadenfreude is literally all I have to look forward to politically, but I seriously wonder if he'll even acknowledge the source of his tax woes.

7 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Here's another example: people who thought Trump would let them keep their jobs.

https://twitter.com/josheidelson/status/936270316459974660

I'd include the article from the second tweet from that dude:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/federal-contractors-under-trump-are-offshoring-at-a-speedy-clip

Archived