Why is Arya so boring?

manchester_babe

Boring compared to who? You gave no examples of why you find her boring.

She's living quite the adventure for a 9-11 year old in my opinion. Do you find her or her plot line boring? Arya hasn't had much contact with any other main Westerosi characters for a long time so that could be a reason. Without her arc we would have no idea about the inner workings of the Faceless Men. She's basically our eyes and ears in Braavos.

1 hour ago, manchester_babe said:

Arya is boring.

What and who do you consider non-boring in ASOIAF and otherwise?

As others have mentioned, Arya's story is one of the most exciting and event-filled. She actually DOES stuff. Brave and adventurous, as well as menial and downtrodden. She's not all sweetness & light (booooo-ring!); she has concerns and conflicts. Arya adds to her skills and understanding constantly; boys much older and bigger than her listen to her and follow her lead.

4 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

Olenna probably would have said she looks like an angry boy, had she met her

Big whoop. All Olenna ever does is insult and make fun of people. If Arya ever met Olenna she'd probably call her a dried up old hag who is still bitter she was passed over by the Targaryen she was betrothed too.

I recall another female Stark who is said to look and act like Arya, both the Crown Prince and future King were both bewitched by her looks and character.

Olenna's own husband basically committed suicide just so he no longer had to deal with her unpleasant deposition. 

Meh to each their own. I personally find all the characters exciting but I do think you should go through the book and pull up some examples to explain why you find her boring or your thread will just turn into a hate thread where the arguments just go round and round in circles not going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Big whoop. All Olenna ever does is insult and make fun of people. If Arya ever met Olenna she'd probably call her a dried up old hag who is still bitter she was passed over by the Targaryen she was betrothed too.

I recall another female Stark who is said to look and act like Arya, both the Crown Prince and future King were both bewitched by her looks and character.

Olenna's own husband basically committed suicide just so he no longer had to deal with her unpleasant deposition. 

I don't know.  I could see Olenna and Arya becoming fast friends.

Think of it this way:

1) Arya is called to meet with Olenna in circumstances similar to Sansa's meetings with Olenna (no guards nearby);

2) Olenna insults Arya in her usual manner;

3) Arya returns the insult, possibly reaching for her dagger; 

4) Olenna says something along the lines of, "Finally! A woman who knows her worth!  Come sit with me child.  We have much to discuss."; and

5) Olenna mentors Arya in the political world, while thinking wishfully about having a father who would have let her train at swords.

Olenna probably wishes that she would have had the opportunities that Arya has had, and imagines what she could have done while Arya learns about the world beyond "stick them with the pointy end".

I can picture how much mayhem an Arya/Olenna alliance would cause.

9 hours ago, manchester_babe said:

Arya is boring. She really is. But why is that? 

Maybe it`s because you can only do so much with her. 

I think it's because for a long time she wasn't doing anything other than wander around the Riverlands. She also has way too many chapters considering her plot really isn't moving forward much.

Archived