US Politics: What's a couple hundred billion between friends?

Fez

7 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Not necessarily, since there's a 50/50 chance that those students will be living in underground caves and worshiping a buried nuclear warhead named "Trump".

You win the thread. 

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

More in the Senate bill. To be clear, when she says school teachers won't be able to deduct cost of school supplies, she means the House bill. The Senate bill keeps that in. That being said, they just raised the amount of depreciation costs rich people can deduct from their luxury cars by quite a bit. 

FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS!

Meaning its becoming law.

The problem here is where will they make up the revenue lost as a result reducing  the Corporate Tax rate from 35 percent down to 20.

6 hours ago, Mexal said:

Trump isn't the smartest. He just admitted that he knew Flynn lied to the FBI when he asked Comey to back off the investigation (Flynn was fired the day before he asked Comey to back off him).

It's exactly the pattern we've always seen with the Trump Admin:

https://twitter.com/evilsharkey/status/864548377660317696

This is step 3.

Also, in other hilarity, did you know Trump's lawyer released an official response to the Flynn stuff in fucking comic sans?

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/opinion/matt-lauer-hillary-clinton.html?

02filipovic-facebookJumbo.jpg

www.nytimes.com
Many of the journalists who stand accused of sexual harassment covered the 2016 presidential campaign.

Geez, and here I thought they just so obviously hated her cause she was a Clinton.

8 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Geez, and here I thought they just so obviously hated her cause she was a Clinton.

Yeah, that was my thought when I heard about Lauer. We all really need to rethink just how much sexism played a part in the election and how HRC was treated. I know some people correctly called it, but not all of us correctly understood quite how much sexism was determining our election. Of course there was a lot of things going on, what with foreign powers and the FBI directly getting involved in the election in order to prevent our first female President.

Poll: Democratic Candidate Gains Slight Edge Over Moore in Alabama Senate Race

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/12/02/poll_democratic_candidate_gains_slight_edge_over_moore_in_alabama_senate.html

4 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Well, obviously indicting Junior and/or Kushner is not a constitutional crisis on its own.  What would be is Trump's anticipated response - either pardoning them, reenacting the Saturday Night Massacre to eventually fire Mueller, or both.  How Republicans react to such actions is certainly conditional on a number of factors, but regardless those actions constitute (heh) a constitutional crisis.

You keep displaying this failure of imagination when it comes to Trump, and consequently get caught flatfooted tine and again.  So...

This is TRUMP.  Trump really likes Dictators.  He considers them (and himself) as 'Strong.'   So, Trumps solution to a serious threat will be something from the Dictator's playbook.

Think 'Sedition Act' via executive order.

Think 'State of Emergency.'

And remember, again, this is Trump.  No concern period for legalities and the constitution - those exist to keep 'Losers' in line, and can be safely ignored by the Strong.  Got that?

Now, objective reality might not square with Trumps version.  But he probably will not take objective reality into account.

3 hours ago, denstorebog said:

Not necessarily, since there's a 50/50 chance that those students will be living in underground caves and worshiping a buried nuclear warhead named "Trump".

And in true, Trumpian fashion, the "warhead" will be nothing more than a defective smoke grenade with a sticky note on it.

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

We all really need to rethink just how much sexism played a part in the election and how HRC was treated.

Yes, I think its a valid proposition to state sexism was a significant factor on Obama-Trump voters, as well as Obama voters that stayed home.

1 hour ago, ThinkerX said:

You keep displaying this failure of imagination when it comes to Trump, and consequently get caught flatfooted tine and again.  So...

Erm, ohkay.  I agree that Trump's response to himself or his family being threatened may be quite more extreme than what I mentioned.  I focused on pardons and firing Mueller because that's likely to be his first response, and because they are both actions he's already considered.

3 hours ago, Shryke said:

Also, in other hilarity, did you know Trump's lawyer released an official response to the Flynn stuff in fucking comic sans?

Yeah, I loved how Cobb tried to paint Flynn as "an Obama administration official," ignoring the facts that, ya know, Obama fired him and warned Trump not to hire him.  Incidentally, I also love how Trump's lawyer's name is Ty Cobb.  Ya know, like the baseball player that is famous for all his hits, steals, and being incredibly racist.

3 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

I'd say Citizen's United really paid off for some folks.  Only took seven years!  Fast and oh so lucrative in the end.

As for the future see A Cantlie for Leibowitz for a guide. 

That won't happen . You want an idea of what the likely  endgame will be like for mankind ? See Life After People. 

54 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Yeah, I loved how Cobb tried to paint Flynn as "an Obama administration official," ignoring the facts that, ya know, Obama fired him and warned Trump not to fire him.  Incidentally, I also love how Trump's lawyer's name is Ty Cobb.  Ya know, like the baseball player that is famous for all his hits, steals, and being incredibly racist.

How good witness will Flynn prove to  be and how helpful do you think he will ultimately he be to Mueller's investigation  ? 

12 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I sit here, randomly making up charts, and wondering whether lack of corporate profits is really a problem these days.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=g85x

With a few exceptions ,  It seem that corporations since 1950's to umpire 2 years age  have have father most part been doing rather well in the profitability area.

20 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

How good witness will Flynn prove to  be and how helpful do you think he will he be Mueller's investigation  ? 

No idea.  I assume, based on the relatively petty charge he was allowed to cop to, that Mueller expects Flynn to be a very good witness that proves very helpful to the investigation.

2 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

I sit here, randomly making up charts, and wondering whether lack of corporate profits is really a problem these days.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=g85x

Looks in rough balance between government and corporate up until around 2000.  Then it goes wonky.  However, given the trend prior to that, I see one whopper of a reset looming - or an effective collapse of the entire system.

I assume the vertical gray bars and corresponding downward red spikes denote recessions?

Archived