US Politics: What's a couple hundred billion between friends?

Fez

20 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

So he'll probably definitely double down on the Steile verdict so as to shift focus.  Or he'll find something similar to rile up his stupid, bigoted, deplorable base of mouth breathing voters.

I'm in a very "I will not allow any Trump voter the benefit of the doubt" space right now.  I'm sick of these people.

This goes right to your point.

A commentator on CNN has pointed out that Meuller had may things he could have charged Flynn with, but instead of choosing something Flynn-centric, like failing to file certain forms, the 4 lies chosen all have tentacles that reach out to other people.

Also, keep in mind Flynn's lawyer saying, months ago, 'he has a story to tell'.

15 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

A commentator on CNN has pointed out that Meuller had may things he could have charged Flynn with, but instead of choosing something Flynn-centric, like failing to file certain forms, the 4 lies chosen all have tentacles that reach out to other people.

Also, keep in mind Flynn's lawyer saying, months ago, 'he has a story to tell'.

Yea, I've also seen it speculated that Mueller is keeping things back as leverage over Flynn but also to protect against a pardon since he could pass it on to Schneiderman.

And now this.

And more information on that.

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I'm confused, where is Brian Ross getting this information?  Are Flynn's lawyers making some sort of statement?

The court hearing, about the transition team anyway.

CNN this moment saying Flynn called Mar-a-Lago several times to report on his discussion with the Russian ambassador with 'senior transition officials'.

Just now, Mexal said:

I don't know. I have no idea where most people get their information. Sources...

I wish those sources would either identify themselves or shut up.  Although I suppose Trump knows what Flynn has on him, so it's not like this is news to him...

I'm worried we're going to see a pardon of Flynn this evening, to try and bury it on a Friday afternoon amid the headlines about the Senate tax bill passing.  It would probably half-work too, which is as well as anything works in this White House. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Too soon to start the "Lock Him Up" chants?

Not if you're Joy Behar, just heard her shouting it from the other room on my mom's TV.

Whenever I see this thread on the Miscellaneous Forum Index Page, on my laptop it only shows the most recent thread having been posted in, in each forum, so now it's always the politics thread for General Chatter, only it cuts off.

So I'm always seeing "U.S. Politics: What's a coup..." so in my head I keep thinking of the thread as "What's a coup between friends?"

5 hours ago, dmc515 said:

This guy...  So how long does Trump get the "never been in government" excuse?  The report states these approaches were from over the summer - in August.

Be fair - between Golf, Twitter, Faux News, and ego-boosting rallies... how much time has he spent actually governing? I mean, he can't always remember to sign bills he's getting photographed signing.

Okay, okay, so he's been in office for 10 months now; but he only seems to work about an hour a day, and 5 days a week, so he's racked up what? 250 hours or actual governing; or about 1 month's worth by the standards of "the laziest president ever" (or words to that effect... from Trump about his predecessor).

So he's only been in governent for 1 month - still very much needing dad to hold the back of the seat, maybe he'll have graduated to stabilisers by the end of his first term.

5 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

Not if you're Joy Behar, just heard her shouting it from the other room on my mom's TV.

Whenever I see this thread on the Miscellaneous Forum Index Page, on my laptop it only shows the most recent thread having been posted in, in each forum, so now it's always the politics thread for General Chatter, only it cuts off.

So I'm always seeing "U.S. Politics: What's a coup..." so in my head I keep thinking of the thread as "What's a coup between friends?"

Hahah, yes!!! That's what I thought the thread title was before I clicked into the thread.

8 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I wish those sources would either identify themselves or shut up.  Although I suppose Trump knows what Flynn has on him, so it's not like this is news to him...

I'm worried we're going to see a pardon of Flynn this evening, to try and bury it on a Friday afternoon amid the headlines about the Senate tax bill passing.  It would probably half-work too, which is as well as anything works in this White House. 

Nah. Trump can't pardon Flynn now. It's one count of lying to the FBI. Mueller still has all the Turkey shit over Flynn's head which I believe some of which falls under the jurisdiction of Eric Schneiderman. 

The other thing is I'm not sure Trump can pardon Flynn to prevent Flynn from rolling on him. That would add to obstruction of justice case that Mueller is building.

13 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I disagree. There’s no burying this. If anything it’s going to pick up momentum. Anyone with half a brain would know that it’s time to abandon ship immediately and make whatever kind of deal they can if there’s even a chance that they might sink with Trump. This would appear to be about as close to a smoking gun as we’re ever going to get.

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Nah. Trump can't pardon Flynn now. It's one count of lying to the FBI. Mueller still has all the Turkey shit over Flynn's head which I believe some of which falls under the jurisdiction of Eric Schneiderman. 

The other thing is I'm not sure Trump can pardon Flynn to prevent Flynn from rolling on him. That would add to obstruction of justice case that Mueller is building.

Also, if Trump pardoned Flynn, what would he pardon him for? There are many things Flynn can still be charged with. If he gives him some kind of blanket pardon, widely written, Flynn can still be brought in as a witness, and as a person who has been pardoned he cannot take the 5th and is required to answer questions.

Archived