Is there any way at all to prove Gendry is Bobby B son?

Stormking902

36 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Real world probably no because even Robert did not acknowledge him. but in their world, Bran can prove it by checking on the “video” of Robert sleeping with Gendry’s mom and then borth of gendry. 

lol I suppose Bran could technically prove it at least the Starks would believe Brans word and back his claim if NEEDED, I just really want Gendry to be a proven Baratheon bastard so he can help Edric Storm reclaim what is rightfully his which is Stormsend and the Stormlands itself. It would be cool if Mya helped in some small way as well. 

37 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Bran can prove it by checking on the “video” of Robert sleeping with Gendry’s mom and then borth of gendry. 

Would that work, though? When it comes to looking into the past Bran seems to be limited to what happens in front of Heart Trees.

Spoiler

I know in that-which-must-not-be-named he can wander around and go pretty much wherever he wants but I think that's more to allow him to be an exposition dump.

On 01/12/2017 at 0:59 PM, Bael's Bastard said:

Brienne sees Gendry as having Renly's eyes and hair, and later she mistakes Gendry for Renly.

Jon and Ned appear to have been certain that Gendry was Robert's, while the other two examples are hints.

Actually Brienne think he's Robert's. She realizes that Renly had been lithe and that Gendry is muscled "like his [Renly's] brother". Then she takes him some food and starts asking questions, states that he was born on the shadows of the Red Keep and all. She's interrupted before she has a chance to tell him, but she believes Gendry is Robert's son 

I think the confirmation of Gendry's parentage comes from the people who knew Robert when he was young and knew Renly. 

I also always liked this line from Tobho Mott about Gendry having hands to wield hammers. 

But beyond all of this for me, this is still about power residing where men believe it resides. Does the Brotherhood know what they have between their hands with Gendry? 

Would that work, though? When it comes to looking into the past Bran seems to be limited to what happens in front of Heart Trees.

Bloodraven does tell Bran that in time he will learn to see beyond the trees themselves. I always took it to mean that the time will come when he will have no need to be connected to the net like Bloodraven is.

4 hours ago, Faera said:

Hide contents

I know in that-which-must-not-be-named he can wander around and go pretty much wherever he wants but I think that's more to allow him to be an exposition dump.

What if the bed was  made of Weirwood? Theon had dreams in the lord's (possibly king's also) bed in Winterfell.

2 hours ago, Lady Dacey said:

Actually Brienne think he's Robert's. She realizes that Renly had been lithe and that Gendry is muscled "like his [Renly's] brother". Then she takes him some food and starts asking questions, states that he was born on the shadows of the Red Keep and all. She's interrupted before she has a chance to tell him, but she believes Gendry is Robert's son 

Thanks, I didn't recall her deducing it, but remembered her noting the similarities between Gendry and Renly, essentially noting his Baratheon features, then noting the difference between their bodies (where she might even compare the difference between the bodies of Renly and Robert).

And as others have noted, Cersei must have been convinced as well, or else been convinced others might believe it if they were to be presented with the accusation and Gendry to see the similarity themselves. Between Jon, Ned, Cersei, and Brienne we have some real experts on Robert and the Baratheon look.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:14 AM, purple-eyes said:

Real world probably no because even Robert did not acknowledge him. but in their world, Bran can prove it by checking on the “video” of Robert sleeping with Gendry’s mom and then borth of gendry. 

Bran is unreliable.  The words of a boy who claims he can see through the eyes of the weirwood. 

On 12/2/2017 at 7:53 AM, Stormking902 said:

I just really want Gendry to be a proven Baratheon bastard so he can help Edric Storm reclaim what is rightfully his which is Stormsend and the Stormlands itself. It would be cool if Mya helped in some small way as well. 

If Stannis and Shireen are both dead by the end, a likely occurrence, then Edric Storm is the logical choice to be named Lord of Storm's End.  Given that he was raised by Renly's household, and is therefore something of known quantity, the Stormlords would probably readily accept him.  I doubt he needs any help from hitherto unknown descendants of King Robert.

In any case, Gendry's parentage is, in-world, entirely unprovable.  I also doubt that there is anybody who would know and care enough to try, in any case.  Even Gendry himself is unaware that Robert is his father.

I doubt there is any way to prove Gendry is related to Robert.  I'm in the camp with the Edric Storm could be legitimized or recognized, but not Gendry.  Gendry's just going to have to become the most bad ass excellent blacksmith and knight in the world to get any sort of recognition.  

Archived