Sweet Robin and the Others?

AlaskanSandman

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I am quoting myself below to make your life easier. Please, where did I say you are "obviously wrong"?

Reveal hidden contents

That's right, I didn't! 

And thank you for your concern, much appreciated. But I will post wherever the fuck I want. :cheers:

Ill just ignore your classless self then haha cheers

A Storm of Swords - Sansa VII

"A castle!"
The voice was loud, shrill, and childish. Littlefinger turned away from her. "Lord Robert." He sketched a bow. "Should you be out in the snow without your gloves?"
"Did you make the snow castle, Lord Littlefinger?"
"Alayne did most of it, my lord."

Sansa said, "It's meant to be Winterfell."

"Winterfell?" Robert was small for eight, a stick of a boy with splotchy skin and eyes that were always runny. Under one arm he clutched the threadbare clothdoll he carried everywhere.

"Winterfell is the seat of House Stark," Sansa told her husband-to-be. "The great castle of the north."

"It's not so great." The boy knelt before the gatehouse. "Look, here comes a giant to knock it down." He stood his doll in the snow and moved it jerkily. "Tromp tromp I'm a giant, I'm a giant," he chanted. "Ho ho ho, open your gates or I'll mash them and smash them." Swinging the doll by the legs, he knocked the top off one gatehouse tower and then the other.

It was more than Sansa could stand. "Robert, stop that." Instead he swung the doll again, and a foot of wall exploded. She grabbed for his hand but she caughtthe doll instead. There was a loud ripping sound as the thin cloth tore. Suddenly she had the doll's head, Robert had the legs and body, and the rag-and-sawdust stuffing was spilling in the snow.

Lord Robert's mouth trembled. "You killlllllllled him," he wailed. Then he began to shake. It started with no more than a little shivering, but within a few short heartbeats he had collapsed across the castle, his limbs flailing about violently. White towers and snowy bridges shattered and fell on all sides. Sansa stood horrified, but Petyr Baelish seized her cousin's wrists and shouted for the maester.

Guards and serving girls arrived within instants to help restrain the boy, Maester Colemon a short time later. Robert Arryn's shaking sickness was nothingnew to the people of the Eyrie, and Lady Lysa had trained them all to come rushing at the boy's first cry. The maester held the little lord's head and gave himhalf a cup of dreamwine, murmuring soothing words. Slowly the violence of the fit seemed to ebb away, till nothing remained but a small shaking of the hands. "Help him to my chambers," Colemon told the guards. "A leeching will help calm him."

"It was my fault." Sansa showed them the doll's head. "I ripped his doll in two. I never meant to, but . . ."

"His lordship was destroying the castle," said Petyr.

"A giant," the boy whispered, weeping. "It wasn't me, it was a giant hurt the castle. She killed him! I hate her! She's a bastard and I hate her! I don't want to be leeched!"

"My lord, your blood needs thinning," said Maester Colemon. "It is the bad blood that makes you angry, and the rage that brings on the shaking. Come now."

They led the boy away. My lord husband, Sansa thought, as she contemplated the ruins of Winterfell. The snow had stopped, and it was colder than before. She wondered if Lord Robert would shake all through their wedding.At least Joffrey was sound of body. A mad rage seized hold of her. She picked up a broken branch and smashed the torn doll's head down on top of it, then pushed it down atop the shattered gatehouse of her snow castle. The servants lookedaghast, but when Littlefinger saw what she'd done he laughed. "If the tales be true, that's not the first giant to end up with his head on Winterfell's walls."

"Those are only stories," she said, and left him there.

I feel like there is some definitely symbolism going on here and can't help but suspect further some connection between Sweet Robin and the Others.

The thing with the blood makes me think of the Black Blood of the Andals said to taint House Hoare. Like they could some how leech it out

Also makes me think of this little bit

A Storm of Swords - Arya VIII

"I dreamt a wolf howling in the rain, but no one heard his grief," the dwarf woman was saying. "I dreamt such a clangor I thought my head might burst, drums and horns and pipes and screams, but the saddest sound was the little bells. I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow." She turned her head sharply and smiled through the gloom, right at Arya. "You cannot hide from me, child. Come closer, now."

Though this all could be hints at Peter Baelish rather than Sweet Robin. Though it may just be a hint at both, since Peter may just be Sweet Robin's father. 

Interesting that Robin would call her a bastard too. He knows who she is and who her parents are, Ned and Caitlyn. So why call her a bastard? 

14 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

since frailbob has never engaged in the act of coitus with sansa, he has not in fact "cucked" Tyrion. Jamie has in fact cucked king bob. Do you get the difference? 

Sure. I made a mistake when I said he "technically cuckolded" Tyrion. That was a very poor choice of words, indeed. However,  I'd still argue that Strong Robin is attempting to make Sansa his and in the process would eventually make Tyrion a cuckold. He's put it out there he wants to marry her and share her bed forever. He kissed her passionately and is courting her the only way he knows how too.

10 hours ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

I'm pretty sure the whole peeing in the bed thing would put a damper on any cuckolding action going on.

One could argue this is part of Strong Robin's courting process. He not only shared her bed, he marked it. 

1 hour ago, AlaskanSandman said:

I feel like there is some definitely symbolism going on here and can't help but suspect further some connection between Sweet Robin and the Others.

The thing with the blood makes me think of the Black Blood of the Andals said to taint House Hoare. Like they could some how leech it out

Also makes me think of this little bit

Though this all could be hints at Peter Baelish rather than Sweet Robin. Though it may just be a hint at both, since Peter may just be Sweet Robin's father

Interesting that Robin would call her a bastard too. He knows who she is and who her parents are, Ned and Caitlyn. So why call her a bastard? 

Well, if Littlefinger is his father then he has no connections to house Arryn or the Others. Right?

2 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Sure. I made a mistake when I said he "technically cuckolded" Tyrion. That was a very poor choice of words, indeed. However,  I'd still argue that Strong Robin is attempting to make Sansa his and in the process would eventually make Tyrion a cuckold. He's put it out there he wants to marry her and share her bed forever. He kissed her passionately and is courting her the only way he knows how too.

One could argue this is part of Strong Robin's courting process. He not only shared her bed, he marked it. 

That's usually how i do it hahaha old school. Mine mine mine mine

A Clash of Kings - Arya X

As Arya crossed the yard to the bathhouse, she spied a raven circling down toward the rookery, and wondered where it had come from and what message it carried. Might be it's from Robb, come to say it wasn't true about Bran and Rickon. She chewed on her lip, hoping. If I had wings I could fly back to Winterfell and see for myself. And if it was true, I'd just fly away, fly up past the moon and the shining stars, and see all the things in Old Nan's stories, dragons and sea monsters and the Titan of Braavos, and maybe I wouldn't ever fly back unless I wanted to.

The Titan of Braavos which ties to Little Finger.

A Feast for Crows - Cat Of The Canals

The Long Canal took Brusco's boat beneath the green copper domes of the Palace of Truth and the tall square towers of the Prestayns and Antaryons before passing under the immense grey arches of the sweetwater river to the district known as Silty Town, where the buildings were smaller and less grand. Later in the day the canal would be choked with serpent boats and barges, but in the predawn darkness they had the waterway almost to themselves. Brusco liked to reach the fishmarket just as the Titan roared to herald the coming of the sun. The sound would boom across the lagoon, faint with distance but still loud enough to wake the sleeping city.

A Feast for Crows - Arya I

It was one of those that Arya had spied from the lagoon, a mighty mass of snow-white marble topped by a huge silvered dome whose milk glass windows showed all the phases of the moon. A pair of marble maidens flanked its gates, tall as the Sealords, supporting a crescent-shaped lintel.
Beyond it stood another temple, a red stone edifice as stern as any fortress. Atop its great square tower a fire blazed in an iron brazier twenty feet across, whilst smaller fires flanked its brazen doors. "The red priests love their fires," Yorko told her. "The Lord of Light is their god, red R'hllor."

The Braavosi, who built square buildings just like the Andals, the Sarnori, and the Rhoynar, and likely made up of slaves from the Rhoynar and Andals, among the Ghiscari possibly. Though yes there were other peoples of unknown ties. There are alot with ties to each other and to the Others possibly. Not that they them selves are evil, but they do have some connection. As Valyria does to the Empire of the Dawn.

The World of Ice and Fire - Ancient History: Ten Thousand Ships

Art and music flourished in the cities of the Rhoyne, and it is said their people had their own magic—a water magic very different from the sorceries of Valyria, which were woven of blood and fire. Though united by blood and culture and the river that had given them birth, the Rhoynish cities were elsewise fiercely independent, each with its own prince...or princess, for amongst these river folk, women were regarded as the equals of men.

.The Rhoynish warrior with his silver-scaled armor, fish-head helm, tall spear, and turtle-shell shield was esteemed and feared by all those who faced him in battle. It was said the Mother Rhoyne herself whispered to her children of every threat, that the Rhoynar princes wielded strange, uncanny powers, that Rhoynish women fought as fiercely as Rhoynish men, and that their cities were protected by "watery walls" that would rise to drown any foe.

Rhoynar with their water gardens and water magic and watery walls that would rise to drown any foe

At Selhorys he won his first battle, overwhelming a Valyrian army thirty thousand strong and taking the city by storm. Valysar met the same fate. At Volon Therys, Garin found himself facing a hundred thousand foes, a hundred war elephants, and three dragonlords. Here too he prevailed, though at great cost. Thousands burned, but thousands more sheltered in the shallows of the river, whilst their wizards raised enormous waterspouts against the foe's dragons. Rhoynish archers brought down two of the dragons, whilst the third fled, wounded. In the aftermath, Mother Rhoyne rose in rage to swallow Volon Therys. Thereafter men began to name the victorious prince Garin the Great, and it is said that, in Volantis, great lords trembled in terror as his host advanced. Rather than face him in the field, the Volantenes retreated back behind their Black Walls and appealed to the Freehold for help.
To which all of this water magic sounds like House Reed's Magic and that of the Others (just colder). This reminds of the Hammer of Dorne and the Flooding of the Neck. Not to mention a giant ice wall being raised like the giant water wall the Rhoynar raised.

The World of Ice and Fire - The Free Cities: Braavos

Though many a deadly swordsman can be found amongst the bravos and water dancers, by tradition the greatest of them all is the First Sword, who commands the personal guard of the Sealord and protects his person at all public events. Once chosen, Sealords serve for life. Inevitably, there are always those who wish to cut that life short to effect some change in policy. Through the centuries, the First Swords have fought many famous duels, taken part in a dozen wars, and saved the lives of scores of Sealords, for good and ill.
The Deadliest swordsman just so happens to be Braavosi, and a water dancer no less. The Braavosi who do not jape of dragons

A Dance with Dragons - Jon IX

"Would that we had one here. A dragon might warm things up a bit."
"My lord jests. You will forgive me if I do not laugh. We Braavosi are descended from those who fled Valyria and the wroth of its dragonlords. We do not jape of dragons."
So yes,  i think there is a connection between not just House Arryn and the Andals, but between the Rhoynar, the Sarnori, and the Ghiscari to the Others. All descendants  

I skipped all the cucking business, so I may be behind...but if there's a question as to whether Andal and Rhoynar culture have similarities, the map solves it. Andalos borders the Rhoynar and it would be more peculiar if they didn't have similar cultures. 

But I can't see any connection between the Others and Sweetrobin, regardless of who is father is. He's just a sickly boy who's likely going to be offed before too long. 

11 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

He could be a pervert into watersports 

I would of thought that if anything, Blooraven et al wouldn't of been able to communicate telepathically with anyone at the Eyrie due to it's lack of Godswood. Otherwise, what's the point in having us know that no Weirwood can take root there? It can't just be a question of aesthetics, can it? 

For me, the Deal with SR is a simple case of a perfectly healthy boy being drugged and tormented and coddled almost to the point of madness. I think John Arryn's words, 'the seed is strong' will prove true as soon as SR is away from his tormentors. That's when Sansa takes over. SW wants her, bad, and Sansa wants her castle back. Maybe that's all bit too neat - it's hard to tell when I've read so many theories. 

2 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

I would of thought that if anything, Blooraven et al wouldn't of been able to communicate telepathically with anyone at the Eyrie due to it's lack of Godswood. Otherwise, what's the point in having us know that no Weirwood can take root there? It can't just be a question of aesthetics, can it? 

For me, the Deal with SR is a simple case of a perfectly healthy boy being drugged and tormented and coddled almost to the point of madness. I think John Arryn's words, 'the seed is strong' will prove true as soon as SR is away from his tormentors. That's when Sansa takes over. SW wants her, bad, and Sansa wants her castle back. Maybe that's all bit too neat - it's hard to tell when I've read so many theories. 

The snag is SR's habit of making the nightsoil hit the fan - whatever he does is going to bring chaos and devastation. Destroying Sansa's fake identity would make a good start, and maybe booting Alayne in the stomach was a kind of hint that he'll do it.

Apart from that, he could be a good ally for Sansa. He's the true falcon, judging by his obsessions with flying and killing (Harry is totally earthbound by comparison) - if he grows up at all, he'll be a fierce defender for her.

And if he doesn't grow up, there's a lot of undead options - more likely a ghost than an Other, but he has been described with 'white eyes', which sounds pretty undead to me.

12 hours ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

So what's the tie between the andals, rhoynar and the Others? I agree that there are common cultural background between, say, the andals and the rhoynar, but how do they exactly tie with the Others?

Well that's the part i wrestle with. Just because the Rhoynar possibly share a cultural link, doesn't mean they are bad. 

It may be that the Others come from a group of Rhoynar, or pre Rhoynar peoples. Or the Rhoynar come from them. 

All this is assuming things were the same then as we think of them now.

Maybe normal humans were ruled by the Others in some sort of Kingdom that endured for some time, long as everyone offered up the appropriate sacrifices of blood. 

This is why im seeking other opinions

11 hours ago, Lord Vance II said:

I skipped all the cucking business, so I may be behind...but if there's a question as to whether Andal and Rhoynar culture have similarities, the map solves it. Andalos borders the Rhoynar and it would be more peculiar if they didn't have similar cultures. 

But I can't see any connection between the Others and Sweetrobin, regardless of who is father is. He's just a sickly boy who's likely going to be offed before too long. 

Right. That's how i've always taken him.

Though this other idea i hear has me pondering, even if for fun. 

The Andals possibly came from the South and worked there way up North, so definitely mixed IMO, and Illyrio suggest as much to Tyrion saying his smith must have been Rhoynish.

Robin, who seems the opposite Bran. Hears voices and singing too, but from who? 

Is a little sickly boy but can take on large amounts of sweet sleep and keep going. 

And he has weird seizures where anything could be happening in his head or else where.

Im not saying Sweet Robin is warging the Night's King or Others, but that he is connected

In that Bran is not leading the other side, but he is connected.

5 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

Except Jamie has a dream while laying on a weirwood stump. We do not know if souls are still trapped inside that chair.

Now maybe the chair was conquest, or maybe it was the only way they could bring the Old Gods up. 

Neat isn't bad, at some point here, Martin has to be able to keep his eye on every thing.

20 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

That's usually how i do it hahaha old school. Mine mine mine mine

When in doubt, you got to go with what you know and are good at.

12 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

He could be a pervert into watersports 

Just imagine him at the Watergardens. The pools he plays in will always be the warmest, and have waves.

9 hours ago, Springwatch said:

but he has been described with 'white eyes', which sounds pretty undead to me.

That could be a side effect from all the drugs he's being forced to take.

12 hours ago, TheThreeEyedCow said:

For me, the Deal with SR is a simple case of a perfectly healthy boy being drugged and tormented and coddled almost to the point of madness. I think John Arryn's words, 'the seed is strong' will prove true as soon as SR is away from his tormentors.

YES! I agree with this a 100%. Now that he's no longer cooped up in the Eyrie I think we'll see an improvement in him both physically and mentally. I feel like people are too hard on Strong Robin. The poor kid has some sort of epilepsy, a mother that stunted his growth, and is surrounded by people that are drugging him and are trying to kill him rather then help him. I don't know of any other high lords in the series that have ever been put into the position Robert find himself in. Like I said before he's the ultimate underdog, as far a nobles go, and I'm rooting for him.

Archived