Sweet Robin and the Others?

AlaskanSandman

5 hours ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

I'm a bit serious. This forum isn't a chalkboard for your theories, as interesting as they may be. Some of us come here for nicely estructured juicy tinfoil, not disperse wanderings. 

LMFAO Well im sorry you dont understand or see it. That's not my fault nor my responsibility :P:) And this thread wasn't for me to spell out any theory of mine to any one. Just to see any random thoughts into this random theory i heard lol 

Thank you for instructing me on what this forum is "to you" lol 

5 hours ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

I'm a bit serious. This forum isn't a chalkboard for your theories, as interesting as they may be. Some of us come here for nicely estructured juicy tinfoil, not disperse wanderings. 

Now if you genuinely are curious to know more about my theory, there are ways of asking or expressing such, with out having to believe what im saying or acting weird just cause i dont feel like responding to your "opinion" much beyond, "Sure". :P:) 

Here you go @AlaskanSandman 

It has spoilers from Sansa's Winds of Winter chapters.

I think this is in line with your thinking about Strong Robin.

Spoiler

Talks about his obsession with flying and his wierwood throne too.

Now you can't say I have a "sad mentality" concerning theories that I don't agree with. :ack:

On 07/12/2017 at 9:57 PM, Springwatch said:

Apart from that, he could be a good ally for Sansa. He's the true falcon, judging by his obsessions with flying and killing (Harry is totally earthbound by comparison) - if he grows up at all, he'll be a fierce defender for her.

I really like this comparison. I've not thought of it that way before. 

On 08/12/2017 at 1:04 AM, AlaskanSandman said:

Except Jamie has a dream while laying on a weirwood stump. We do not know if souls are still trapped inside that chair.

Now maybe the chair was conquest, or maybe it was the only way they could bring the Old Gods up. 

Neat isn't bad, at some point here, Martin has to be able to keep his eye on every thing.

That's a really good point. It wouldn't be surprising to discover that a wierwood severed from it's roots has effectively trapped what/whoever was dwelling in there at the time. My only problem with it would be that it seems spirits/wargs can be driven from a host through pain and death (apart from the 'others').  This must of come-up in an SSM, surely? 

On 08/12/2017 at 7:23 AM, Ralphis Baratheon said:

YES! I agree with this a 100%. Now that he's no longer cooped up in the Eyrie I think we'll see an improvement in him both physically and mentally. I feel like people are too hard on Strong Robin. The poor kid has some sort of epilepsy, a mother that stunted his growth, and is surrounded by people that are drugging him and are trying to kill him rather then help him. I don't know of any other high lords in the series that have ever been put into the position Robert find himself in. Like I said before he's the ultimate underdog, as far a nobles go, and I'm rooting for him.

You and me both! Seriously, if he had a POV I think people would see how horribly screwed up his life is. It's so difficult to quantify the sheer amount of horrible sh*t that he's been through. 

All in all, I don't think the boy needs the old gods. Nor the old gods him. I think life has taught him what he needs to know. Plus, he know's what he wants. The boy, despite being so young, is as unequivocal in his beliefs as Arya was at the same age. He is nothing like Tommen. He's not disinterested or too 'weak' at all. It looks apparent that despite the best efforts of some truly sick/stupid people, he's actually getting stronger. 

If he can stick it out a bit longer, I think he's set to inherit one of the most powerful armies left in the game and kick some ass. IF he stands on his own two feet, and commands the Lords of the Vale, they will obey. Right?

Archived