Rhaella's Death

Corvo the Crow

22 hours ago, maudisdottir said:

Case in point: OOTGH. Unwatchable. I'm like Stannis grinding my teeth with all the nonsense they spout.

Made all the more laughable when they refer to their out there theories as "clarifications." 

21 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

This is actually a really sad mentality that say's more about the person saying it rather than the actual books them selves.

Proof? So any one trying to figure out or theorize what happened in The Hero, And Seven Times Never Kill Man, The Meat House Man, or anyyyy of George's other works, that are complete i might remind you, are sad and just coming up with fan fiction as a result of a lack of content and desperation? Psssshhhhh. Ok.

Never mind that each of those books and many of his like it, are meant to make you question and alot hint at bigger things. Like alot being apart of his 1000 Worlds Universe. But i guess any one theorizing that Meat House Man was connected, must be desperate (Among the other colorful things he has chosen to call people and their thoughts). 

Critical thinking isn't dead, it's just dead in some. 

I'm confused as to which of this is directed at me. I'v been very patient with you and your theories. Who are you to question my mentality because I gave my opinion on why some theories are made? I never even said coming up with such theories are necessarily a bad thing. 

20 hours ago, AlaskanSandman said:

To be fair, im all for disagreeing and debating. Even good heated debates haha just not for people resorting to calling peoples ideas fan fiction and ridicule of that kind. 

But it's ok for you to label someone's mentality and classify it as sad and then make assumptions about that very person because they don't bye into someone's theory? 

10 hours ago, LynnS said:

And it's a good one too.  We know the last dragon that died was the size of a dog.  And perhaps some were killed off by the Citadel but I don't enough about it to speculate.  I do think that the black egg was Rhaegar's egg.  I'll be interested in your OP when it's ready.

See, I think the green one was always meant to be his if those eggs were indeed at Summerhall. Rhaegal's color has always been really interesting to me after the text talks about Jojen's eye color and his green dreams. And Rhaegar's own eye color, I think has been chosen for a very specific purpose. I think both heavily hint that Rhaegar may have had prophetic dreams. And I also think that there is a connection with him and the CotF through song.

In any case, I'm sort of working on a post about all of this, but it has taken on a life of its own and I needed a break from it, so I'm looking at the whole "southron ambition" and coming out with really interesting things. The Summerhall post might take a while.

24 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

See, I think the green one was always meant to be his if those eggs were indeed at Summerhall. Rhaegal's color has always been really interesting to me after the text talks about Jojen's eye color and his green dreams. And Rhaegar's own eye color, I think has been chosen for a very specific purpose. I think both heavily hint that Rhaegar may have had prophetic dreams. And I also think that there is a connection with him and the CotF through song.

In any case, I'm sort of working on a post about all of this, but it has taken on a life of its own and I needed a break from it, so I'm looking at the whole "southron ambition" and coming out with really interesting things. The Summerhall post might take a while.

A dragon is an armored beast and Rhaegar armors himself in black with a bit of red; not unlike the black egg.  Dany makes the connection between the black armor; Rhaegar and his armor... now her armor and the black dragon.  I think they are interchangeable.  I'll point out that when Dany first dreams of black dragon; the dragon sings to her.  How many times do we hear about Rhaegar singing sad songs?  If you skinchange a dragon in a dragon dream as Dany appears to have done in her 'wake the dragon dream';  is she not armored in black?  I think Martin has cleverly re-introduced Rhaegar back into the story as the Great Dragon or dragon god of the Targs.  I think he was bonded to the black egg and his soul resides 'sleeping' in the egg until awoken by Dany.  

As for the other two eggs, I don't know.  The black egg is the largest and male.  Perhaps the other two are female. It does seem that the cream and gold egg fits Viserys and Dany's vision of him with gold coming from his mouth.  Viserion's flame is gold shot with orange and red.

The green egg, I have no idea,  but I think the longer a Targ is associated with an egg, the stronger the bond. That one I suspect is up for grabs and I can see Tyrion riding the dragon and/or Bran, the Prince of the Green skinchanging the dragon. 

The black dragon has three heads:  Dany, Rhaegar and Drogon's lizard brain

The green dragon might also have three heads:  Tyrion, Bran and Rheago's lizard brain.

The white dragon could end up with three heads:  Victarion, Viserys, Viserion.

59 minutes ago, LynnS said:

A dragon is an armored beast and Rhaegar armors himself in black with a bit of red; not unlike the black egg.  Dany makes the connection between the black armor; Rhaegar and his armor... now her armor and the black dragon.  I think they are interchangeable.  I'll point out that when Dany first dreams of black dragon; the dragon sings to her.  How many times do we hear about Rhaegar singing sad songs?  If you skinchange a dragon in a dragon dream as Dany appears to have done in her 'wake the dragon dream';  is she not armored in black?  I think Martin has cleverly re-introduced Rhaegar back into the story as the Great Dragon or dragon god of the Targs.  I think he was bonded to the black egg and his soul resides 'sleeping' in the egg until awoken by Dany.     

I agree with some points, and I'm not sure about your other points. I definitely agree that Drogon's colors look to be tied to Rhaegar's fabulous armor. Would be nice if GRRM dropped a line on his blog about him being done with WoW, so that we may have some answers.

In any case, I think that Summerhall and Dany's last chapter in AGOT are very heavily connected. I don't think the locations of Summerhall, the ToJ and where Dany hatched her dragons are a coincidence either. There's a connecting thread that's running through Rhaegar's "story" (for lack of better word), Dany's "story" (and Jon's as well). 

And as always, I'm getting completely off topic.

15 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

Rhaella gave birth to Rhaegar when she was 13 or 14 at the most. At that very young age, she carried a child to term and as far as we know (well we don't, but there's nothing that says otherwise) Rhaegar was a healthy baby. And he was born in the middle of the flames.

I think whatever happened with Rhaella that she had so much difficulty carrying babies to term or having all these stillbirths when she had no trouble at all the first time around may have something to do with what happened at Summerhall. Barristan says there was sorcery that night. 

I just feel like Rhaella and Dany are in the same boat, what with MMD performing her blood magic and Dany being taken into the tent when she goes into labor.

Well, then please do explain Viserys, because he was born eight years before Dany.

I'm personally conflicted with this theory; while it is very possible that a similar thing happened to Rhaella because of Summerhall, we have to remember that ASoIaF is based on medievel Europe. Babies, even royal babies, died all the time and queens had miscarriages for a number of reasons. Rhaella miscarrying so many times and her babies dying so often was not uncommon during that time. Or hell, if you believe the Maester Conspiracy Theory, Rhaella was either given something that could cause her to miscarry or her babies were deliberately killed.

27 minutes ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

Well, then please do explain Viserys, because he was born eight years before Dany.

I'm not sure I understand the question about explaining Viserys. What I understand is that there were no miscarriages or stillbirths reported between Visery's birth and Dany's birth.  

32 minutes ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

I'm personally conflicted with this theory; while it is very possible that a similar thing happened to Rhaella because of Summerhall, we have to remember that ASoIaF is based on medievel Europe.

Loosely based on Medieval Europe. Westeros is a supernatural medieval place where there's a 700 foot Wall that blocks would-be murderous ice zombies from invading, where a girl steps out a funeral pyre with baby dragons clinging to her and where we are all looking for some Jesus-like figure who will come and save the world with a flaming sword, and where people are resurrected left and right. 

It's just a speculation at the end of the day. I see a connection between the event at Summerhall and the event at the Red Waste and I think whatever happens at the Wall with Jon will connect directly to these two events. But it's still just a speculation and I tend to not get overly attached to them.

39 minutes ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

Or hell, if you believe the Maester Conspiracy Theory, Rhaella was either given something that could cause her to miscarry or her babies were deliberately killed.

I don't think there's a Maester Conspiracy, no more than I think the southron ambitions really existed, but sure, Rhaella could have been fed moon tea during her pregnancies, and the babies could have been poisoned. Poison is the most logical explanation if we strip the supernatural from the story. 

1 hour ago, Widow's Watch said:

I agree with some points, and I'm not sure about your other points. I definitely agree that Drogon's colors look to be tied to Rhaegar's fabulous armor. Would be nice if GRRM dropped a line on his blog about him being done with WoW, so that we may have some answers.

In any case, I think that Summerhall and Dany's last chapter in AGOT are very heavily connected. I don't think the locations of Summerhall, the ToJ and where Dany hatched her dragons are a coincidence either. There's a connecting thread that's running through Rhaegar's "story" (for lack of better word), Dany's "story" (and Jon's as well). 

And as always, I'm getting completely off topic.

Well it would be nice if he was close to completion but I've learned to manage my expectations and avoid the crazy wind-ups.  I can't say that I'll ever be in the area to roam around Meow Wolf. 

Archived