Football: Four Amigos

AncalagonTheBlack

13 hours ago, Sandokan I Ironborn said:

So could you see him leave for another PL club ? I guess than Chelsea and Man City would come for him whatever the price Spurs ask for him is.

(I know he will probably end up at Madrid, but still)

I doubt Kane would leave Spurs for another English club. The most likely destinations would be one of the Spanish giants. Real Madrid's need for a CF is greater than Barca's atm. I wouldn't count out PSG either. They are hell bent on assembling a side to challenge for European honours for years to come and have the resources to do it. Plus with the rumours of issues between Cavani and Neymar, I could see PSG offering Cavani + cash for Kane. A front three of Neymar-Kane-Mbappe would be downright terrifying.

I just have to give the man Bobby Firmino some love. Guy has more goals+assists in all comps than Aguero, Lacazette, Morata, Lukaku, and Gabby Jesus. And stats don’t show the full impact he has. His pressing constantly wins us chances such as Coutinho’s goal yesterday. Hopefully the “Liverpool need a 20 goal striker” narrative has died. 

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

I just have to give the man Bobby Firmino some love. Guy has more goals+assists in all comps than Aguero, Lacazette, Morata, Lukaku, and Gabby Jesus. And stats don’t show the full impact he has. His pressing constantly wins us chances such as Coutinho’s goal yesterday. Hopefully the “Liverpool need a 20 goal striker” narrative has died. 

Bobby is the man. His defensive work rate is unbelievable, his attitude is impeccable and his work off the ball creates so much space and really allows the three others of the fab four to shine. So underrated.

7 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

that fourth spot in  the premier league is going to be a battle! I expect one to three to be city, united, chelsea. 

if Liverpool or spurs don't get that fourth spot I expect the outside team to lose a few key players who aren't keen on missing out on champions league play. 

I wouldn’t say United and Chelsea are safe either. At least I hope they aren’t. 

As far as who would leave if Liverpool didn’t get CL. I think Coutinho is off regardless and I have a perhaps naive hope that we could keep our other key players with EL football. Bringing top players in would be the hard part which is why I hope we can get VVD in Jan without a City gazump. 

19 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

As far as who would leave if Liverpool didn’t get CL. I think Coutinho is off regardless and I have a perhaps naive hope that we could keep our other key players with EL football. Bringing top players in would be the hard part

The club hierarchy have shown themselves to be perfectly willing to hold players to their contracts so I don't think losing players is too much of a concern. Can's leaving by the look of it but even Coutinho might be having to stay if there's no prospect of getting a replacement. It really depends what they think they can get out of him next season if he's denied a move again because he's still got a lot of time left on his contract.

Anyway, yeah, I don't think United or Chelsea are nailed on for the top 4, neither have looked spectacular. Anywhere from second to sixth is a possibility I think.

ETA: Spurs have the additional problem, Champions League or not, that they're paying below the market rate in wages for a few players. It's probably something they're going to have to address soon, Rose already expressed some frustration with it over the summer and it wouldn't surprise me if some other players are thinking the same thing.

That's a shitload of money for VVD but it is an area that Liverpool needed to upgrade. No point debating whether he's worth that sort of money. A player is worth whatever a club is willing to pay for him and the transfer market is bonkers right now and prices are likely to continue increasing for the foreseeable future. 

Well about time that Klopp spent more than 20p on a defender, they needed to do something because their defence is truly shocking at times. I feel however that the system is often  at fault, its possibly too demanding and requires a lot from the midfielders in front of the defence.

9 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

one of these teams has an incredible coach,  a hardworking squad and amazing supporters. 

the other one is man city. 

Even Mourinho is probably saying 'fucking hell, rafa is taking the piss with this bus parking'.

I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say Newcastle have the weakest squad in the league. Rafa is doing about as well as he should be, to be fair to him.

ETA: Having just had a look at the table, if Palace win or draw tomorrow, the worst Newcastle could be is 16th after the 20th round of PL games. That’s probably overachieving given the squad he has to work with.

Archived