AncalagonTheBlack

Football: Four Amigos

111 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

We really are sh!te, losing at home to Everton, managed by Fat Sam, goal scored by Fat Wayne. 

You were unlucky in the first half, what with hitting both posts. Merino’s shot in particular was excellent. 

We continue to look more solid. There’s more of a defensive structure, and even with Martina being a rather unconvincing left back, we manage to keep clean sheets. That’s four in the last five (counting Apollon Limason, which I’m not certain counts, as they were terrible and we were playing three midfielders and a junior in defense. Anyway..).

We’re still struggling to get our attack going, which is no surprise. Gylfi’s not a left sided midfielder, and Martina isn’t going to go all Ashley Cole on the wing. Lennon has seen his best days, his second best days and probably his third best days as well. Not much to get down the right either, then. Schneiderlin and Gana have perhaps an attacking pass in them - taken together. Which leaves Wayne. And he’s somewhat slower than he used to be.

Not very threatening, then. But thanks to Darlow (and a rare moment of good play up front), we managed to poke home a goal. From being just above relegation, we now have almost as many points down to Palace as up to Tottenham. Progress there, at least. 

19 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I know! One of the dudes has a real hardon for Rondon though, so maybe that's enough for him to root for them.

Ha. Got to allow for those man-crushes.

16 hours ago, Mexal said:

Doesn't sound like anyone is happy. Arsenal has been terrible too.

Well, the Arsenal team may have been poor, but Jack Wilshere had a super game.  He was the best player on the pitch for either side by a good measure, I thought.  

4 minutes ago, Nas! said:

Well, the Arsenal team may have been poor, but Jack Wilshere had a super game.  He was the best player on the pitch for either side by a good measure, I thought.  

Yea, Wilshere has played well this season. Hope to see him get more of a run with the first team. 

So I take it, City will have clinched the league before April?

18 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Man, I'm watching a Canadian stream I think, and the (British) commentators are dumb as dogshit. And massively pro-West Brom too. Not sure who they are though.

I have the (only) Canadian broadcast of this game recorded.  I will try to find out who the commentators were.  I always thought that our networks just pick up the English broadcasts so I would have figured they would be familiar to fans in the U.K., but perhaps I'm mistaken.  Are there local/regional commentators for PL broadcasts? 

35 minutes ago, Notone said:

Pah, 11 points?  Newcastle blew a 12 point lead in abut 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Notone said:

I think if they beat Spurs this weekend then whatever minuscule hope that the chasing pack are still clutching to will promptly die and City will walk the league.

Holgate, DCL and Kenny with new contracts. 

Think that counts as good news. I think that trio is going to be okay.

2 hours ago, Notone said:

Yeaahhh which is why I’m not too bothered about Liverpool dropping points. Still in the thick of it for top four race which is all we can hope for at this point. 

3 hours ago, Nas! said:

I always thought that our networks just pick up the English broadcasts so I would have figured they would be familiar to fans in the U.K., but perhaps I'm mistaken.  Are there local/regional commentators for PL broadcasts? 

The Premier League do their own international broadcast which tends to get shown by any channels which don't have their own commentary team so that was probably it. All the UK channels have their own coverage so it doesn't get shown in the UK.