Football: Four Amigos

AncalagonTheBlack

8 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

122 years since Hearts beat them by that margin. Who would have thought it'd end like that?

Was the only way it could happen. If it was a closer game it is likely they would have come back, as they have done many times. There’s no coming back from a scoreline like that.

1 hour ago, Mme Erzulie said:

He chose a good time. 

Still would have liked to see how the Pool game had played out had Mané not decided to try some plastopedic (pedioplastic) surgery on Emerson's face.

I absolutely hecking love seeing Pep make snivelling fools of all the pundits, writers and shit heads who thought he wouldn't be able to hack it in the PL, though. Fills my petty, snide little heart with schadenfreude. Mourinho must be having sleepless nights. 

He couldn't have picked a better one if he tried. :lol: 

Sure, Pep has proven that he can hack it in the PL. What he's doing with City this season (rubbing it in Mourinho's face definitely not the least of his accomplishments ;) ) is incredible, but a Cinderella story it is not. ;) It's not as if he took the league by storm with Stoke or Swansea. He took over City with next to unlimited funds and took three transfer windows to improve on an already impressive squad in order to achieve this.

Well, we managed to grind out another win. It's not been pretty but is still a massive improvement over the past four seasons. Especially good considering Pogba has missed 10 league games through injury and suspension and in his absence our midfield is little more than pedestrian. United fans would be seeing this season in a much more favourable light had it not been for City blowing the league away.

Herrera is having a poor season. Basically, being a nuisance is the best he can muster this season. Him and Matic in midfield is badly short of creativity with Matic being the more creative of the two. Unfortunately, Pogba's absences have coincided largely with Fellaini being injured which left us with no other options. When the absence of a limited player like Fellaini is seen as a big loss, that tells you all you need to know about the state of our midfield.

3 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Im maintaining my stance that Wijnaldum is the worst player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt. 

Even if we were to skip on Konchesky and El Hadji Diouf, there are still some great contenders for that title.

I mean, there's friggin' Lovren, for God's sake, and don't forget that Liverpool had the likes of Biscan and Djimi Traore in their Champions League winning team in 2005 which is probably a fair bit above some Liverpool teams you had the opportunity to see. ;) 

Nice to see OxC have another good game and grow into the midfield role, and nice to see Lallana back again.  

A good win today that nudges us into 4th but 4th-7th is very tight and Spurs & Burnley will be waiting for one or both of Liverpool and Arsenal to drop points next week.  If we had not needlessly drawn our last two games we’d be in third now instead ahead of Chelsea. 

I have to eat some humble pie.  Despite my predictions, Utd are outpacing Spurs.  They don’t play well and they don’t score much, but they eke out a lot of narrow wins and have been more consistent while rarely being very good.  I’m just glad City will deny them an ugly title. 

Kane and Alli should have both seen red today.  I’ve been saying for a long time that Spurs are a dirty team (albeit talented too) who get away with a lot — they don’t see yellow cards for cynical fouls to stop play, and they rarely ever see red cards for their nasty or dangerous fouls. 

23 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

122 years since Hearts beat them by that margin. Who would have thought it'd end like that?

Certainly not me. And the opening goal scored by a 16-year-old youth player! Maybe it had to be that way, someone who could play without any apprehension, but whatever the reasons it was well done. 

It's taken a little while to get going but putting Craig Levein back in charge of the team has paid off: we're starting to put together a run. 

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, Consigliere said:

While Zaha has been great for Palace since the Chelsea game, I don't think we will cut it at a top side where the team doesn't revolve around him.

While I believe he is good enough to play for a top 6 side, I don't know if it would be best for his game to make that move. At Crystal Palace, he is an entertainer. Roy Hodgson appreciates him enough and the fans love him enough that they don't mind seeing him try to pull off something special and failing a few times, because they know it will be worth it when he eventually pulls it off on maybe the third go. At a top club, with the added pressure to produce every time, the coaches and the fans won't be so forgiving. Some players excel in being a big fish in a small pond. He could end up being to Crystal Palace what Matt Le Tissier was to Southampton.

3 hours ago, JordanJH1993 said:

At a top club, with the added pressure to produce every time, the coaches and the fans won't be so forgiving. Some players excel in being a big fish in a small pond.

This is why I don't think he is good enough for a top six side.

Archived