US Politics: For Whom the Bell Tolls

Fragile Bird

15 minutes ago, Fez said:

Don't look at early exits, early exits suck and they always have sucked. They have basically no predictive value on election results.

That said:

If this is accurate, it should be a good night for Jones. Iirc, 25%+ was a favorable turnout for him.

So, a local conservative talk show host is discussing a young man of 25 who doesn't work. And he points out that there are jobs for the taking right now in Seattle, as well as the fact that the jobs pay minimum of 15$/hr. Now, leaving aside the issue of the man, this is the same talk show host that ranted for hours about how the 15$/hr minimum wage raise is going to cost jobs. Further, he devoted much time talking about that infamous UW study predicting job losses from the 15$ minimum.

The talk show host of course doesn't address this. Why isn't Seattle a ghost town, having implemented crazy left wing policies?

23 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

So, a local conservative talk show host is discussing a young man of 25 who doesn't work. And he points out that there are jobs for the taking right now in Seattle, as well as the fact that the jobs pay minimum of 15$/hr. Now, leaving aside the issue of the man, this is the same talk show host that ranted for hours about how the 15$/hr minimum wage raise is going to cost jobs. Further, he devoted much time talking about that infamous UW study predicting job losses from the 15$ minimum.

The talk show host of course doesn't address this. Why isn't Seattle a ghost town, having implemented crazy left wing policies?

I think usually you will find that conservatives are morons. That would be my answer.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

ETA:

Feel my :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: powers! 

1 hour ago, Seli said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders seems the likely candidate (I was confused and expected it to mean a forum member initially)

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  Press Sec

I fondly call her Huckie Boo Boo.   :blink:

Even well educated conservatives have acted like real morons of late. See Casey Mulligan, other random conservatives, who have advanced educations acting like fools. And when even the alleged smart ones act like idiots, what do you expect from random conservative in Pigsknuckle Arkansas?

8 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

I think usually you will find that conservatives are morons. That would be my answer.

That may well be. But I'd put forward another theory: Conservatives never cared about job losses for low wage workers in the first place, as they claimed. They cared only for pimping for pro business organizations such as the National Restaurant Association, a restaurant lobby group.

22 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

That may well be. But I'd put forward another theory: Conservatives never cared about job losses for low wage workers in the first place, as they claimed. They cared only for pimping for pro business organizations such as the National Restaurant Association, a restaurant lobby group.

Of course they didn't. They are full of shit. Just like how this corporate tax cut is supposed to be about middle class wage growth. They don't care about that. They just want to please the CEO Business Clowntable. That's about it. And that's why you have things like this nonsense one piece of paper coming out of the Treasury department.

23 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Of course they didn't. They are full of shit. Just like how this corporate tax cut is supposed to be about middle class wage growth. They don't care about that. They just want to please the CEO Business Clowntable. That's about it. And that's why you have things like this nonsense one piece of paper coming out of the Treasury department.

Reaganomics, the new American Pastime.

Per the full CNN exit polls, it'll be close; but probably a small Moore win. It sounds like AA turnout is up (as the early exit polls also said), and that Jones did better with white voters than Democrats usually do in the state but probably not by quite enough. Could go either way though:

We'll see what the count says.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

With about 900 votes in, Jones is at 65%.  This is probably the last moment we'll see him in the lead.  I've savored it.

Early returns can be such a tease, just like a junior high school girl at the mall, right Roy?     :angry2:

Archived