You have seen it in the flames

lordHodor

Okay, you start near Winterfell at the day of the first chapter of the first book.
Only armed with your unhealthy knowledge of all things ASOIAF, can you save Westeros?
Prevent the civil war?
Having a continent that is united, well provisioned and prepared for whatever waits on the other side of the wall?

I don't know.
Using your knowledge of Eddards secrets and being able to precisely predict the arrival of the direwolves etc. you can possibly convince Eddard that you are a prophet of the Old Gods?
But Eddard is an idiot.

Robert might totally enjoy flattening casterly rock once the twincest is revealed, but after this is over, what?
Tyrion - armed with your knowledge - could get stuff done, but not when Robert puts his head on a spike.

What's your plan?

You won't pretend to be a prophet of the Old Gods if you've seen it in the flames. 

I wouldn't care for the heidens. So probably join team Stannis since Mel is there. :drool: 

On a serious note, if you are speaking of having knowledge of the twincest, for example, and start the game in Winterfell, you probably can't do much.

Perhaps some other info would be more useful, like knowing that Littlefinger and Lysa poisoned Jon Arryn. Now that revelation might save the 7K from the bloodbath. If you reveal the twincest, you will just make sure a war will happen. 

Tell the Starks that the Lannisters can't be trusted. I won't be able to do it in person and explain how I know, so write a letter. Maybe pretend to be someone they would trust - like Cat's sister. Now to find a way to smuggle it in...

I'm not sure Ned would listen to anything so I'm thinking it would be better to get behind someone else.  He knows the Lannisters are jerks and not to be trusted, but he goes to Kings Landing anyway--with his daughters in tow!  He gets so busy once he gets to KL it's almost as if people are working to distract him.   I don't think Cat could be reasoned with or warned once she got a taste of adventure.  I would probably try to get to Stannis as a more sympathetic listener to visions or prophecy.   Perhaps if he got the Reach and Stormlands and North behind him Blackwater Bay would have gone far differently.   A different outcome there would have changed the story dramatically.    

Interesting thought.

I'm going to do something unconventional and wait. See what proof I can gather about the twincest. Once we reach King's Landing, inform Barristan Selmy and Eddard together. Whereas Eddard alone faltered, Barristan commands the Kingsgard, and will move to prevent any stain on the white cloak, moving to kill or imprison Jamie. With Robert apathetic to the needs of the realm, those two are probably the best chance for the realm to beat back the threat from the North. Once convinced of my prophetic powers, Eddard can send a raven back to Winterfell, convincing Robb to call his banners and train a army to man the Wall. Without Robert's death, no war of 5 kings, more men for the Battle for the Dawn

On 12/8/2017 at 7:17 AM, lordHodor said:

Okay, you start near Winterfell at the day of the first chapter of the first book.
Only armed with your unhealthy knowledge of all things ASOIAF, can you save Westeros?
Prevent the civil war?
Having a continent that is united, well provisioned and prepared for whatever waits on the other side of the wall?

What's your plan?

First thing I would do is attempt to convince Ned not to execute Gared.  Or at least encourage further conversation about what he saw and how he got south of the wall.  If Ned had his priorities straight from the beginning he could've assessed the situation with Jeor and provided men to the abandoned forts along the wall.

The situation north of the wall would (or should) have made Ned's decision to go with King Bobby for him.  If Winter is truly coming Ned would've never left Winterfell and would've had all hands on deck to deal with Mance and the Others.

Rebellion would've been completely avoided.  King Robert would've stood behind Ned if he had any clue about what was going on north of the wall and took it seriously.  

Ned would be following in his ancestors footsteps and King Rob would be satiating his lust for war and battle.  My counsel to the King (again, I'm a prophet or whatever) would be to name Tywin Lannister Hand of the King.

I support a restoration of the Targaryens.  With that in mind, I think I would let the war of the five kings happen.  Westeros will go downhill anyway as long as Robert is king.  The economic problems will pile on as he continues to rack up debt.  It's only a matter of time.  The Starks have to go down because Ned will take Jon Arryn's place as the enabler that will allow Robert to continue to rule. 

Varys and Littlefinger both want war so it is inevitable.  I don't care for the Starks.  I don't have anything against the Baratheons but it wouldn't upset me if they were all to die.  I don't care for the Lannisters.  I'm a Targaryen loyalists and anything that will help bring them back sounds good to me. 

I'm not going to do anything to warn Ned.  As of aDwD we have yet to know what the Others want.  They're intelligent so some kind of deal could be made.  I will be willing to give them all the lands north of Moat Cailin in exchange for peaceful coexistence.

Archived