Lost Melnibonean

Jon Snow

43 posts in this topic

Tyrion Lannister had claimed that most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it, but Jon was done with denials. He was who he was; Jon Snow, bastard and oathbreaker, motherless, friendless, and damned. For the rest of his life—however long that might be—he would be condemned to be an outsider, the silent man standing in the shadows who dares not speak his true name. Wherever he might go throughout the Seven Kingdoms, he would need to live a lie, lest every man's hand be raised against him. But it made no matter, so long as he lived long enough to take his place by his brother's side and help avenge his father.

Jon IX, Game 70

Clever. 

"... And here he has remained, while his brother and his brother’s son and his son each reigned and died in turn, until Jaime Lannister put an end to the line of the Dragonkings.”

Jon I, Clash 6

Or not...

“King,” croaked the raven. The bird flapped across the solar toland on Mormont’s shoulder. “King,” it said again, strutting backand forth.

“He likes that word,” Jon said, smiling.

“An easy word to say. An easy word to like.”

“King,” the bird said again.

“I think he means for you to have a crown, my lord.”

“The realm has three kings already, and that’s two too many for my liking.” 

Mormont stroked the raven under the beak with a finger, but all the while his eyes never left Jon Snow.

It made him feel odd. 

Jon I, Clash 6

This, of course, echoes Lyanna's bed of blood...

"Women birth children in blood and pain, and die."

Theon I, Clash 11