Jon Snow

Lost Melnibonean

On 6/11/2019 at 2:28 PM, kissdbyfire said:

But the very characteristic and typical “Targ look” is all about the colouring, not the actual features. 

I’m not sure that’s correct.

According to a so spake Martin:

Targaryen on both sides, Daemon had all the hallmarks of his house; the silver-gold hair, the deep purple eyes, fine features of almost inhuman beauty.

So at the very least the facial features would be considered “fine” whatever that means and the prototypical Valyrian would be considered beautiful.  It almost speaks to a feminine aspect to their features.

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

I’m not sure that’s correct.

According to a so spake Martin:

So at the very least the facial features would be considered “fine” whatever that means and the prototypical Valyrian would be considered beautiful.  It almost speaks to a feminine aspect to their features.

Not sure he meant fine as in delicate, or fine as in beautiful. Regardless, though, I stick by what I said, since “fine features” is a pretty generic description IMO. It’s very different from a typical long face, or typical hooked nose and so on. 

On 1/7/2020 at 7:06 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Eddard X, Game 39

I wonder if Robert knows the truth of Lyanna's feelings toward Rhaegar. Perhaps this makes Robert hate Rhaegar all the more. 

Yes, it may well be so. Somewhere deep down Robert knows that the real story is or at least may be different from the "official" one, and it hurts him. 

Archived