So, with S8 not airing until 2019,

Angel Eyes

What would you like to see?

For me: 

1. Events
    1. The Night King being defeated, either through warging or Valyrian Steel. 
    2. Sansa being taught how to fight. Everyone will have to fight, so she must learn. Take notes.
    3. Cleganebowl
    4. Jaime killing Cersei. They’ve been brewing for that since AAFC.
    5. Bran getting a better hand on his 3ER schtick, after being CCTV for S7. 
    6. A possible power struggle in Dorne considering House Martell and Spice Snakes are eliminated
  2. Pairings
    1. Sansa/Podrick. They seem like they’d be a nice fit, and I feel like it’s a bit of a cop-out with Sansa winding up with someone twice her age, since she’s been at the mercy of someone doing just that (here’s looking at you, Littlefinger).
    2. Arya/Gendry. They’ve been teasing this one for years, and Gendry had to be re-introduced for a reason.
    3. Jaime/Brienne. This one’s been teased, and it would be interesting to see Jaime wind up with someone that Cersei resents.
  3. Questions that need answering
    1. Why did Rhaegar name “Jon” Aegon?
    2. What did Tyrion do with a donkey and honeycomb?
    3. What did Podrick do with the prostitutes?
    4. Why would Bran say “Robert’s Rebellion was built on a lie?” He should work on his word choicing.

Hmmmmmm....

So, I don't care about pairings but some things I'd like to see first off:

1. Euron steals the Golden Company for himself. Through the actions of Theon saving Yara, they are able to secure their support for Jon and Daenerys, following one or both of them making a big speech.
  2. Cersei lurching from one misfortune to another before finally dying.
  3. The Mountain gets recruited by the NK's army.

And my two wild cards...

1. Qyburn abandons Cersei to join the fight against the AotD, citing not only his curiosity about the wights but the fact that he technically owes the Starks a debt -- seeing as Robb and Talisa were the ones who saved him in the show.
  2. Tyrion actually does something useful!
2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:
  • The Night King being defeated, either through warging or Valyrian Steel. 

Regarding our ol' friend NK:

• I want to see him reach King's Landing and other places in Westeros on the back of Viserion, raising dead all over the kingdom to attack at once. If Cersei thought she could cool her heels in the south while the AotD killed her enemies, she'll be sorely mistaken bwahahahahaha!
  • Night King is immune to fire and, since he has dragonglass in his heart, he's immune to that, too. This might also mean he is also able to withstand a normal slash Valyrian steel. So, Bran will have to go through the security files to find a possible solution.

• Sansa being taught how to fight. Everyone will have to fight, so she must learn. Take notes.

This needs to happen. Personally, they should have got started on this S7. Brienne could help train her and it might make for some name sisterly bonding time with Arya.

• Bran getting a better hand on his 3ER schtick, after being CCTV for S7. 

I foresee Bran and Sam having two quests this season:

1. Taking out Viserion. This might be how they work in Bran warging a dragon -- he'll get to be a zombie dragon!
  2. Figuring out how to kill NK. As I said, it'll suck if one swipe from Longclaw does him good. I suspect he'll be tough to kill through normal WW-slaying meanings, forcing Sam and Bran to work out a workaround. Probably involving the dragonglass in his heart.
  • A possible power struggle in Dorne considering House Martell and Spice Snakes are eliminated

If they were going to do that, they would have introduced it in S7. I think Dorne is gone, gone, gone! At best, we'll see NK blow up Sunspear.

17 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

If the Night King needs to win for that to happen, so be it.

#NK4Westeros2019 

47 minutes ago, Faera said:

Hmmmmmm....

So, I don't care about pairings but some things I'd like to see first off:

1. Euron steals the Golden Company for himself. Through the actions of Theon saving Yara, they are able to secure their support for Jon and Daenerys, following one or both of them making a big speech.
  2. Cersei lurching from one misfortune to another before finally dying.
  3. The Mountain gets recruited by the NK's army.

And my two wild cards...

1. Qyburn abandons Cersei to join the fight against the AotD, citing not only his curiosity about the wights but the fact that he technically owes the Starks a debt -- seeing as Robb and Talisa were the ones who saved him in the show.
  2. Tyrion actually does something useful!

Regarding our ol' friend NK:

• I want to see him reach King's Landing and other places in Westeros on the back of Viserion, raising dead all over the kingdom to attack at once. If Cersei thought she could cool her heels in the south while the AotD killed her enemies, she'll be sorely mistaken bwahahahahaha!
  • Night King is immune to fire and, since he has dragonglass in his heart, he's immune to that, too. This might also mean he is also able to withstand a normal slash Valyrian steel. So, Bran will have to go through the security files to find a possible solution.

This needs to happen. Personally, they should have got started on this S7. Brienne could help train her and it might make for some name sisterly bonding time with Arya.

I foresee Bran and Sam having two quests this season:

1. Taking out Viserion. This might be how they work in Bran warging a dragon -- he'll get to be a zombie dragon!
  2. Figuring out how to kill NK. As I said, it'll suck if one swipe from Longclaw does him good. I suspect he'll be tough to kill through normal WW-slaying meanings, forcing Sam and Bran to work out a workaround. Probably involving the dragonglass in his heart.

If they were going to do that, they would have introduced it in S7. I think Dorne is gone, gone, gone! At best, we'll see NK blow up Sunspear.

#NK4Westeros2019 

Did you like my nod to Aliens? I seem to be one of two people in this forum who thinks having Sansa trained in arms is a good idea.

Honestly, I forgot about Qyburn. 

Plus, I’d like to see Bran try and warg Viserion, to see if taking control will slow down the Night King.

10 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

I seem to be one of two people in this forum who thinks having Sansa trained in arms is a good idea.

She doesn't even have to go all "Ripley" or anything -- just train her how to defend herself if a wight or White Walker lurches at her. Stick 'em with the pointy end. King Jon Snow ordered that every man, woman and child was to learn how to fight. That should include Sansa. Does she have a note saying "Please excuse Sansa from PE"? I think not!

18 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Honestly, I forgot about Qyburn. 

I've been waiting for a pay-off with him for years now. <_<

19 minutes ago, Angel Eyes said:

Plus, I’d like to see Bran try and warg Viserion, to see if taking control will slow down the Night King.

I could see a mental battle breaking out between the two of them. 

58 minutes ago, Faera said:

She doesn't even have to go all "Ripley" or anything -- just train her how to defend herself if a wight or White Walker lurches at her. Stick 'em with the pointy end. King Jon Snow ordered that every man, woman and child was to learn how to fight. That should include Sansa. Does she have a note saying "Please excuse Sansa from PE"? I think not!

I've been waiting for a pay-off with him for years now. <_<

I could see a mental battle breaking out between the two of them. 

Of course she doesn’t need to go Ripley on them, it was more about the scene. On the other hand, it would be awesome if she did go Ripley on them.

41 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

If you believe Sansa will learn how to fight with a dagger/sword/spear/bow/whatever you haven't been paying attention…

She'll have to. White Walkers come for everyone, so everyone will have to fight, even to protect.

Plus, didn't Jon say something about everyone having to fight? Sansa is no exception.

First, I would like to say, wouldn't it be kinda funny (in a messed up way) if HBO pulled a GRRM and just kept telling us that it's coming out the next year, and never did..... I would be upset, but I would also kinda laugh..

Also, I don't think the NK will ever reach King's landing. I think it will all take place at Winterfell.

Anyway to the lists:

Events: 

1, 2, and 3. are all Cleganebowl. To me, that is the only way the show can make up for the past 3 seasons. It doesn't have to make sense anymore (since nothing really does) but that has set up Cleganebowl even more in my eyes.

4. Jamie killing Cersei, gotta happen, no other way makes sense and I want her to die early on, no reason to have her last the entire season. 

5. Because Cersei dies early, NK should be the final enemy in the show.

6. Euron to dress in more Hot Topic type clothing. Honestly though, I hated him at first, but he has kinda grown on me in the show. But I hope he steals the GC and then does .... something. I just don't know what.

7. Arya to become a normal person, this whole Terminator persona is annoying.

8. Dany to die (mainly because I don't like her but that's a personal thing).

9. Bran being useful. Him just being exposition for the plot is one of the worst things I think this show has done. He has to mean more than just that.

10. NK killing all the dragons off and then the NK dying.

11. Tyrion, Jon, Sansa and whomever else can do whatever, I don't really care about them all that much anymore.

Pairings: 

This I really don't care about to be honest, and it's probably because I don't feel much for the characters anymore. They are a shell of what they used to be in my eyes. But that's just me.

Questions that need answering:

1. Why did the NK and the Others all come back now?

2. Was there really any point to the Sansa rape scene?

3. Why did the show name Jon, Aegon?

4. Why is Bran going back in time to warg into Hodor and messing up his whole life, important? Just so he can hold the door in that one moment and let Bran just provide exposition?

5. Where is Ghost? And why do you hate direwolves so much?

6. Why was showing us that Melisandre is old important? 

7. Why did Tyrion's hair get so dark from the beginning to the end?

Last thing:

I think the ending is going to be disappointing for a lot of people. I don't think people know what bittersweet means, and a lot of people are expecting everyone to die. That would probably be a tragedy and not bittersweet.

But regardless, the show, I am going to guess, is going to give us more of a happy ending. Just a gut feeling.

On 9.12.2017 at 1:11 AM, Faera said:

Night King is immune to fire and, since he has dragonglass in his heart, he's immune to that, too. This might also mean he is also able to withstand a normal slash Valyrian steel. So, Bran will have to go through the security files to find a possible solution.

The obvious would be pulling that piece of dragonglass out again.

I know, volunteers seems to be scarce...

2 hours ago, The Chequered Raven said:

The obvious would be pulling that piece of dragonglass out again.

I know, volunteers seems to be scarce...

Maybe he’ll be like a vampire— a firm stab to the heart with Longclaw to dislodge the dragonglass. I wonder if he turns back into a human before he dies.

Also, totally calling “keystone army” plot — take out NK will cause all the others to disappear and the AOtD to drop. I’ll hate it but it’s what I see coming.  

4 minutes ago, Faera said:

Also, totally calling “keystone army” plot — take out NK will cause all the others to disappear and the AOtD to drop. I’ll hate it but it’s what I see coming.  

:agree: No point in introducing that idea if you don’t plan to use it

4 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

:agree: No point in introducing that idea if you don’t plan to use it

I wonder if they’ll make the whole thing weirdly emotional and sappy, where NK actually looks relieved to finally die...

Also wonder if magic will die out and/or all the dragons will die, too, for some reason. 

40 minutes ago, Faera said:

Maybe he’ll be like a vampire— a firm stab to the heart with Longclaw to dislodge the dragonglass. I wonder if he turns back into a human before he dies.

Maybe he'll turn to dust when he dies, as Dracula did when Jonathan Harker and Quincey Morris killed him in the original book.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:13 AM, btfu806 said:

First, I would like to say, wouldn't it be kinda funny (in a messed up way) if HBO pulled a GRRM and just kept telling us that it's coming out the next year, and never did..... I would be upset, but I would also kinda laugh..

Also, I don't think the NK will ever reach King's landing. I think it will all take place at Winterfell.

Anyway to the lists:

Events: 

1, 2, and 3. are all Cleganebowl. To me, that is the only way the show can make up for the past 3 seasons. It doesn't have to make sense anymore (since nothing really does) but that has set up Cleganebowl even more in my eyes.

4. Jamie killing Cersei, gotta happen, no other way makes sense and I want her to die early on, no reason to have her last the entire season. 

5. Because Cersei dies early, NK should be the final enemy in the show.

6. Euron to dress in more Hot Topic type clothing. Honestly though, I hated him at first, but he has kinda grown on me in the show. But I hope he steals the GC and then does .... something. I just don't know what.

7. Arya to become a normal person, this whole Terminator persona is annoying.

8. Dany to die (mainly because I don't like her but that's a personal thing).

9. Bran being useful. Him just being exposition for the plot is one of the worst things I think this show has done. He has to mean more than just that.

10. NK killing all the dragons off and then the NK dying.

11. Tyrion, Jon, Sansa and whomever else can do whatever, I don't really care about them all that much anymore.

Pairings: 

This I really don't care about to be honest, and it's probably because I don't feel much for the characters anymore. They are a shell of what they used to be in my eyes. But that's just me.

Questions that need answering:

1. Why did the NK and the Others all come back now?

2. Was there really any point to the Sansa rape scene?

3. Why did the show name Jon, Aegon?

4. Why is Bran going back in time to warg into Hodor and messing up his whole life, important? Just so he can hold the door in that one moment and let Bran just provide exposition?

5. Where is Ghost? And why do you hate direwolves so much?

6. Why was showing us that Melisandre is old important? 

7. Why did Tyrion's hair get so dark from the beginning to the end?

Last thing:

I think the ending is going to be disappointing for a lot of people. I don't think people know what bittersweet means, and a lot of people are expecting everyone to die. That would probably be a tragedy and not bittersweet.

But regardless, the show, I am going to guess, is going to give us more of a happy ending. Just a gut feeling.

I feel like you wrote exactly everything I was thinking.  On your event #4 if Arya kills Cersei that would be really upsetting to me.  It'd have to be Jaime, Tyrion, Sansa, or show-Euron.  The first three were more personally wronged by Cersei and are most connected to her.  Show Euron would be satisfying in seeing her destroyed by her supposed allies as she had done to others.  But Arya is D&D's favorite little badass and Cersei they're fave villain so it is all but certain Arya gets the kill.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:41 AM, Faera said:

Unfortunately yes, this is what is coming.

10 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

On your event #4 if Arya kills Cersei that would be really upsetting to me.  It'd have to be Jaime, Tyrion, Sansa, or show-Euron.  The first three were more personally wronged by Cersei and are most connected to her.  Show Euron would be satisfying in seeing her destroyed by her supposed allies as she had done to others.  But Arya is D&D's favorite little badass and Cersei they're fave villain so it is all but certain Arya gets the kill.

Ughhh I want to say you're wrong but .... I can't. I think you may be right about Arya killing off Cersei. Would be so stupid. So so so stupid....so they will probably do it.... sigh.

1 hour ago, btfu806 said:

Ughhh I want to say you're wrong but .... I can't. I think you may be right about Arya killing off Cersei. Would be so stupid. So so so stupid....so they will probably do it.... sigh.

I know - she’s their favourite little psycho. I hate it almost as much as the fact they gave Arya the Cat’s Paw dagger just because “OMG!!!!11 It’ll be so cool when Arya kills a White Walker!” We know it’ll happen and I know I’m going to cringe.

Archived