So, with S8 not airing until 2019,

Angel Eyes

On 12/8/2017 at 3:11 PM, Angel Eyes said:

What would you like to see?

For me: 

1. Events
    1. The Night King being defeated, either through warging or Valyrian Steel. 
    2. Sansa being taught how to fight. Everyone will have to fight, so she must learn. Take notes.
    3. Cleganebowl
    4. Jaime killing Cersei. They’ve been brewing for that since AAFC.
    5. Bran getting a better hand on his 3ER schtick, after being CCTV for S7. 
    6. A possible power struggle in Dorne considering House Martell and Spice Snakes are eliminated
  2. Pairings
    1. Sansa/Podrick. They seem like they’d be a nice fit, and I feel like it’s a bit of a cop-out with Sansa winding up with someone twice her age, since she’s been at the mercy of someone doing just that (here’s looking at you, Littlefinger).
    2. Arya/Gendry. They’ve been teasing this one for years, and Gendry had to be re-introduced for a reason.
    3. Jaime/Brienne. This one’s been teased, and it would be interesting to see Jaime wind up with someone that Cersei resents.
  3. Questions that need answering
    1. Why did Rhaegar name “Jon” Aegon?
    2. What did Tyrion do with a donkey and honeycomb?
    3. What did Podrick do with the prostitutes?
    4. Why would Bran say “Robert’s Rebellion was built on a lie?” He should work on his word choicing.

First there’s only a few episodes coming so I think a degree of realism has to be used when considering what we should expect to be covered in the last season. 

Don’t think Sansa is going to be doing much fighting. She’s a ruler, planner, diplomat. Jon’s Tyrion. 

Dont think dorne is going to come back up 

I’d be genuinely surprised to see any of the pairings you mentioned, sorry it’s just not realistic and would be to “happy ending” for what is a supposedly bitter sweet ending. 

Now as for what I’d like to see. 

1. Biggest one, as you mentioned, is cleganebowl. 

2. A little bit of background or an explanation on the the red god, the gods, white walkers, etc. are they multiple gods working against one another? Is it the same god guiding both the white walkers and the visions in the flames? Between Beric, Jon, and Melisandre we know somethings at work and attempting to guide individuals, on the reverse of that it certainly seemed that the Night King knew where to be and when so somethings guiding him to. Really hoping for this, doubt we get it. 

3. Also as you touched on I’m curious who is going to be in charge of Dorne moving forward. That goes for the Riverlands and the Reach as well. Again I really want this, but doubt we will see it. 

Ultimately I fear, as I mentioned at the beginning, that the show has so few episodes left that it will be condensed to a point that most of it won’t be very satisfying. I could be wrong, but it seems like a lot of material to cover and conclude the series all at once. 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, jcmontea said:

What I really want to see in Season 8 is a thematically consistent end to this story. 

The potential for that to happen sailed off long ago. Consistency with theme, characterization and plot was a concept they said bye-bye to a few seasons ago.

I personally have no expectations with how the show will end. It is going to be a shit-show with everything being so rushed and crammed into six episodes. I just want to see the ending as it's sadly the only one we'll ever get.

1 hour ago, SuperMario said:

The potential for that to happen sailed off long ago. Consistency with theme, characterization and plot was a concept they said bye-bye to a few seasons ago.

I personally have no expectations with how the show will end. It is going to be a shit-show with everything being so rushed and crammed into six episodes. I just want to see the ending as it's sadly the only one we'll ever get.

Jon and Danaerys' 2-year old son, running happily in a field of flowers. Book it!

Spoiler

*Vomits violently*

I just want Arya and Jon to live.  That's all.  

I have a feeling that Jon will die, Sansa will rule the North, Arya will die, Dany might also die, Tyrion will live and raise the love child of Jon/Dany, the WW will be defeated, Bran will sit in the garden.  Jamie will kill Cersei. 

A quest to Asshai / Shadowlands to complete some sort of sorcery puzzle piece - or one by the villains to empower the dead / do something similarly nefarious.

Squeeze in some kind of revelation about Valyria in there, too.

OBVIOUSLY more answers about the Childrens' dragonglass ritual and what that was all about - so far that reveal has been very much along the lines of the smoke monster from Lost: here's a simple origin story and don't ask questions.

Address the question of whether Max von Sydow was planning to get killed (and Bran's stupidity was part of that cosmic plan somehow) - so far him transferring his powers to Bran seems to have been really pointless.

A resolution to the FM / Jaqen plot, an optimistic hope also shared by Tom Wlaschiha as it happens.

Characters recalling the various magic they've encountered (Warlocks, FM, shadow demons - dwelling on the weirwood/fire dichotomy; Mirri conjuring up creepy dead ghosts, comparisons to wights etc. - maybe the spirits that possess corpses are related to those spooking around that tent?) and drawing some kind of more general conclusion from it that leads to the solution.

An amusing thing to happen in that context, would be to include the mystery teleporter skills all those beings seem to have (unlike the books, from what I've seen) - Jaqen teleporting, Pyat Pree teleporting and multiplaying, the WWs zipping around in the opening scene and then seemingly having the wildlings swallowed by the snow mist in the beinning of the Hardhome attack; did they just dematerialize into snow dust? Shadow smoke monsters can do that, so that's possibly in this universe (well again - in the show, not to much the books I think lol).

So some juicy stuff in those departments would be cool.

I cannot imagine any consistent, logical, satisfying conclusion to the story, so it's really hard to define what I'd like to see... For much of it, it is simply too late. I just want it to be over with.

Yes, I'd like to get a decent ending to the HoBW storyline that makes some sense, retroactively (why did they let Arya leave? did Jaquen initially cross her path on purpose and if so, what were his longtime plans?), and see Jaquen again (preferably surviving).

The protagonists are very cardboard and/ or caricature now imho, still, if I could choose, I'd like Yara, Arya, the last direwolf, and yes, Dany to survive. And Meera (off-screen) and Hot Pie. I'd like Tyrion to die in a really dumb accident, he's been annoying me for several seasons (minority opinion, and yes, it won't happen). Soon, first episode, please! Same for Cersei, who overstayed her welcome. Oh, and idiot LF... I guess I want most of them to just die, LOL.

I'd like a confrontation of Bran and Jaime about the window incident. But that won't happen, or maybe just a throwaway line about how they are now on the same side.

No forced Arya & Gendry love story, please.

No more anachronisms (yeah, fat chance), implausibilities,no  Sansa/ whoever romances (including Sandor, as I must be the only person in the fandom who doesn't dig SanSan), less Euronics.

I expect lots of battle scenes, heroic and senseless action, dragons, special effects, ooc shenanigans (then again, with some of these characters, who can tell what their character is like anymore?) lots of loose ends and lots of Bran ex machina. And maybe a couple of brothel scenes, as a reminiscence to the good old times.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, alienarea said:

I want to see Ghost kill the Night's King. One direwolf has to do something meaningful.

that'd be epic.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, alienarea said:

And I totally want Tyrion die in the most stupid way.

but we all know this will not happen. 

Season 7 pretty much struck me as twice as much sex with none of the foreplay. Sadly, season 8 is likely to be the same in one grand climax. But as mentioned, it's likely to be the only ending we'll get, at least for a long while. I'm not even sure if we'll see Winds before season 8 much less Dream.

I personally liked the pace of season 7. Yes, there were things I would've liked done differently, but I liked that things were moving forward and some of the loose ends being tied. Even with season 8, I'd prefer the main characters being the focus and fillers being excluded. Six episodes seems plenty to arrive to a logical conclusion since most of the main characters are either at winterfell or at KL.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:45 PM, Red Tiger said:

Jon, Dany, Tyrion and Cersei dying.

If the Night King needs to win for that to happen, so be it.

The best tragedies make deaths make sense in a twisted way, and each one of these characters have been suicidally stupid as of late.

Truly poignant stuff #teamwhitewalker

On 1/23/2018 at 5:31 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Season 7 pretty much struck me as twice as much sex with none of the foreplay. Sadly, season 8 is likely to be the same in one grand climax. But as mentioned, it's likely to be the only ending we'll get, at least for a long while. I'm not even sure if we'll see Winds before season 8 much less Dream.

Nice analogy, it certainly fits the mould.

While, of course, the CGI's great, the action's fantastic, and everything's tightly directed, in Season 7, the writing's been so nonsensical that none of the cool shit that our inner barbarian loves actually feels earned, it all feels like one massive exercise in 'creatively it made sense because we wanted it to happen'.

On 1/15/2018 at 0:20 PM, Mindwalker said:

I cannot imagine any consistent, logical, satisfying conclusion to the story, so it's really hard to define what I'd like to see... For much of it, it is simply too late. I just want it to be over with.

Yes, I'd like to get a decent ending to the HoBW storyline that makes some sense, retroactively (why did they let Arya leave? did Jaquen initially cross her path on purpose and if so, what were his longtime plans?), and see Jaquen again (preferably surviving).

The protagonists are very cardboard and/ or caricature now imho, still, if I could choose, I'd like Yara, Arya, the last direwolf, and yes, Dany to survive. And Meera (off-screen) and Hot Pie. I'd like Tyrion to die in a really dumb accident, he's been annoying me for several seasons (minority opinion, and yes, it won't happen). Soon, first episode, please! Same for Cersei, who overstayed her welcome. Oh, and idiot LF... I guess I want most of them to just die, LOL.

I'd like a confrontation of Bran and Jaime about the window incident. But that won't happen, or maybe just a throwaway line about how they are now on the same side.

No forced Arya & Gendry love story, please.

No more anachronisms (yeah, fat chance), implausibilities,no  Sansa/ whoever romances (including Sandor, as I must be the only person in the fandom who doesn't dig SanSan), less Euronics.

I expect lots of battle scenes, heroic and senseless action, dragons, special effects, ooc shenanigans (then again, with some of these characters, who can tell what their character is like anymore?) lots of loose ends and lots of Bran ex machina. And maybe a couple of brothel scenes, as a reminiscence to the good old times.

You’re not alone with not digging SanSan. 

Archived