NFL 2017: 3000 Miles to Jaceland

Jace, Extat

23 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Snow games are fun.  I’ve played soccer games in conditions like that too, which is even crazier because the ball can’t roll at all.

Bears decide that draft picks aren’t worth it and crush the Bengals after losing five in a row.  So even if they suddenly discover some mojo for their remaining games, they’ll still end bottom of a weak (this year) division but have less to show for it on draft day than the truly committed losers like the Browns, Giants, Colts and 49ers. 

Seattle are struggling against the Jaguars with an identical 8-4 record, and missed a tying FG, but close enough at half-time that they can still pull it out.  Especially with the Eagles leading the Rams.  The Rams visit to Seattle next week still looks like the division decider. 

The draft is finally starting to look friendly. If the Colts lose to Denver on Thurs I will finally start to have hope. With the season winding down only the Giants are directly in line for the number 2 pick. And if they can manage even one win, I love the strength of schedule to go to the Colts on a tie. Ditto for the 49ers, as they have a good division.

Jesus, give me a Giants win and three more Colts losses for Christmas and I will vote Republican! And if the Browns Winn out as well, I will go back to my natural hair color!

Hear me, Zeus! 

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Jesus, give me a Giants win and three more Colts losses for Christmas and I will vote Republican! And if the Browns Winn out as well, I will go back to my natural hair color!

Lol. Ain't happening. I watched about 5 minutes of the game today and Giants receiver had like 3 drops in that time. They hungry for that 2 pick!

That Wentz hit did look scary live. Damn.

2 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Lol. Ain't happening. I watched about 5 minutes of the game today and Giants receiver had like 3 drops in that time. They hungry for that 2 pick!

That Wentz hit did look scary live. Damn.

Yeah, I'm doing all kinds of calculations. I'm left hoping that Washington starts shutting it down in week 16

11 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Yeah, when Erin Andrews reported after Wentz went into the locker room she said there was no diagnosis yet but that everyone in there was shaking their heads like they knew it was bad, and I swear if it's an ACL they almost always know before it's official.

Yeah, 100% agreed.  ACL tears are the walking dead of injuries.  Everyone knows you are done, but you are still walking around.  Its like Saving Private Ryan when the medic gets killed; he's still talking and can move his arms and everything, but everyone knows he's dead.  That was Wentz; the way he was walking- like directly to the locker room, purposeful etc, nobody talking to him, and then they all know.  The knee moves a certain way- its a tear. 

I feel bad fro Eagles fans because the Eagles are an exciting team to watch and the team deserves credit for making a series of good decisions and personnel moves.  That just sucks.

As a football fan, the main reason I am angry at this is because the Eagles were CLEARLY the best team in the NFC (especially after this week) and now its going to be the Rams or the Vikings and we know already those teams are only good, and not great the way the Eagles are... or were.  

They've been saying Wentz plays reckless the entire time he's been in the league, and that was never clearer than on that scramble. If it is indeed a torn ACL, he's lucky that's all it was. He took a full contact shot directly to the knee. He could have had the whole thing explode a la Teddy Bridgewater.

In the old thread Sperry said:

NFL is so lucky they didn't have a Ron Artest situation on their hands. Some Seahawk scrub got ejected for throwing a cheap shot on the kneel down, started yelling at the fans, got a beer thrown on him and legitimately tried to go into the crowd. Someone pulled him down before he could get over the railing, but I would guess his season is over. Would have loved to see a defensive lineman rampaging through the crowd though, would have been a cherry on top of the NFL's implosion

I was watching that.  I really thought he was going to make into the crowd.  I couldn't believe there wasn't more team officials with him, especially after it started to escalate.  I'm not agreement about the NFL's implosion, but it was an ugly scene.  The amazing thing about the ending of that game was that all of that crap happened when the Jags were doing the victory formation.  I don't normally have issues with the Seahawks, but that was just sore losing there.

Gotta feel bad for Wentz and the Eagles.  That team was so much fun to watch and they looked like they were enjoying the hell out of playing this game.  My first thought when he took that hit was ACL, just the way his foot stayed planted but his knee bent, just ugly all around.

14 minutes ago, Fiddler said:

I was watching that.  I really thought he was going to make into the crowd.  I couldn't believe there wasn't more team officials with him, especially after it started to escalate.  I'm not agreement about the NFL's implosion, but it was an ugly scene.  The amazing thing about the ending of that game was that all of that crap happened when the Jags were doing the victory formation.  I don't normally have issues with the Seahawks, but that was just sore losing there.

Seahawks pulled the same crap with a victory formation snap at the end of Super Bowl 49. 

What a game tonight. Damn that AB. Seems like the Steelers have mounted a lot of crazy comebacks this year.

Steelers have played a bunch of nail biters and have to be considered the toughest team in the NFL to beat at home.  If the Pats lose next week, the Steelers are in the driver's seat for the Superbowl.  

As far as Antonio Brown goes, he is in great shape to win the MVP.  If Wentz is out for the season, he is all but DQ'd from MVP consideration.  The only other threat is Brady and the voters might want to just give it to somebody else to mix things up.  And if a WR ever should have been MVP... and not named Moss or Rice ... than its Brown.  

Oh, and if I have to hear Collinsworth slurp Rothlesberger cock one more evening, I am going to ask the FCC to investigate it for indecency.  You know he raped a woman, right?  Or are we just forgetting that happened?  

If there is a team that can take Brown away, its the Pats but I do not hold out a lot of hope.  

9 hours ago, Fiddler said:

Gotta feel bad for Wentz and the Eagles.  That team was so much fun to watch and they looked like they were enjoying the hell out of playing this game.  My first thought when he took that hit was ACL, just the way his foot stayed planted but his knee bent, just ugly all around.

Bennett has got to be suspended, and preferably for a good long while

The NFL has enough of a problem with guys getting injured in the normal course of action. Intentionally trying to injure guys cannot be tolerated. The suspension for cheap shots unrelated to play on the field needs to be in the range of PED suspensions. Sitting guys down for 4 games for a first offense and 8 for a second will start getting the attention that trying to injure your fellow players is beyond the pale.

So now she’s naming threads after herself? Ran better be careful or else this site will be called Jaceteros sooner than later.

Also, who was that wise poster that said that Wentz will absolutely be out for the year if he doesn’t change how he plays?

Also also, a .2 playoff victory is the sweetest of things, even if one’s liver and head must suffer for it. @Whiskeyjackthat’s gonna hold up, right? If so, can I just sit Lewis and Landry?

27 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So now she’s naming threads after herself? Ran better be careful or else this site will be called Jaceteros sooner than later.

Also, who was that wise poster that said that Wentz will absolutely be out for the year if he doesn’t change how he plays?

Also also, a .2 playoff victory is the sweetest of things, even if one’s liver and head must suffer for it. @Whiskeyjackthat’s gonna hold up, right? If so, can I just sit Lewis and Landry?

Yahoo counts any scoring adjustments made by the nfl up until Wednesday or Thursday, can't remember which.  

So no promises.

Archived