NFL 2017: 3000 Miles to Jaceland

Jace, Extat

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Guurl, you cwwwazy.

In all seriousness, are the Ponies going to draft a QB with that high pick and trade Luck or take the BPA or a lineman? Your adoring fans need to know! Bless us with your wisdom Spicey!

You've got a generational talent (if you haven't broken him a la Derek Carr) at QB.  No one in this class grades out near that.

I think you've got to try to trade that top 3 pick for a boatload of picks/offensive linemen.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

You've got a generational talent (if you haven't broken him a la Derek Carr) at QB.  No one in this class grades out near that.

I think you've got to try to trade that top 3 pick for a boatload of picks/offensive linemen.

99 out of 100 times I’d agree with you. You never trade your franchise QB who is worthy of the title “once in a generational player.”

but

This might be that one time. The Colts’ roster stinks. After Luck they have just one or two players I’d want to add to my team. If they could get two first round picks and a couple mid round picks for him, you might consider doing that deal. There are a few teams that really are just a QB away who might do it. Then you can draft one of the QBs and build a young team together. Trading the pick means the Colts are rebuilding, and do you really want to rebuild as Luck hits his prime? And you also have to consider his health.

What do you do with that Niners’ pick? Draft a QB? Trade it for a lot of picks?

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Guurl, you cwwwazy.

In all seriousness, are the Ponies going to draft a QB with that high pick and trade Luck or take the BPA or a lineman? Your adoring fans need to know! Bless us with your wisdom Spicey!

Look, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm just a girl

about to smoke a blunt

and I don't know where

the Colts get shunt

There's some madness and weirdness and strange about the Colts, a malevolent infection of abnormalities that insist upon undermining the spiritual fortitude of the involved fortunes.

Do not look towards this Spicey bite of life to know what the Colts are going to do. Luck could be done forever, or he could be physically reborn in Europe. Chryst only knows what type of Mengele Baby-killing treatment he's received from those Anglo-Krauts over there.

If they think he's viable, they're in a great place with Briskette. I honestly think that Briskette will reap Grappolo level returns on a trade in 2 years or could even be the Colts' new QB.

There are a lot of different possibilities on where things go so if you guys are actually interested I could do an in-depth breakdown over a series of posts.

3 hours ago, sperry said:

The Brockstar turns in a competent performance. Maybe the most shocking result of the season?

Competent... against the Colts. Plus Thursday night probably brought other players closer to his level of befuddlement.

If you look at Jacoby Brissett and see a QB who seems like he might lead a team to a title, you are seeing something very different from what I'm seeing.

I definitely think he's an NFL QB, but a 'lower half of the pack' NFL QB.  There aren't 32 guys I'd rather have, but there are more than 16.

30 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Look, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm just a girl

about to smoke a blunt

and I don't know where

the Colts get shunt

That’s the least effective way to get your fix Jace. Spend a few hundred bucks and go buy a volcano. Well worth it.

33 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

There are a lot of different possibilities on where things go so if you guys are actually interested I could do an in-depth breakdown over a series of posts.

I’m down. I often find that the bad teams can be just as interesting as the good ones. It’s all that filth in the middle I’ve got no time for.

2 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

If you look at Jacoby Brissett and see a QB who seems like he might lead a team to a title, you are seeing something very different from what I'm seeing.

I definitely think he's an NFL QB, but a 'lower half of the pack' NFL QB.  There aren't 32 guys I'd rather have, but there are more than 16.

I see a journeyman QB who will start for a few teams for short stints and spend most of his career as a backup. His numbers are very pedestrian, goosed up by three decent weeks, and he fails the eye test for me. He belongs in the NFL, but please god, never let him be your teams projected week 1 starter.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

That’s the least effective way to get your fix Jace. Spend a few hundred bucks and go buy a volcano. Well worth it.

I’m down. I often find that the bad teams can be just as interesting as the good ones. It’s all that filth in the middle I’ve got no time for.

Setting aside how disturbing I find this collective's lack of faith, you will all see me as right when Jakeob Brieskiet gets decent coaching and surrounding talent.

Meanwhile, let's get filthy with this lower class shit.

I'm going to assume that the Colts lose out, not assured with the Texans as the final opponent, and that Chuck is gone girl.

Option 1:

If Luck is 100% good, all is well so we can take this 2nd overall pick (hope the Giants steal a win) and trade back for an ungodly haul. If you thought the RGIII trade was expensive, wait until you get a load of this shit.

Jace here thinks there's a legit chance that the Giants will have to give up two 1's and MORE to jump just one spot and get their QB. Like that time Mike Holmgren got fleeced by Minnesota but hopefully with a less confusing ending. If the Giants don't wanna pay, there's a weird little vacuum before a bunch of needy teams get stacked together at the bottom of the top-10

I could see the Broncos giving up an arm and a leg over last night's loss to get a shot at their guy.

This is obviously the optimal outcome, as it would allow the Colts to stock picks Brownies style and I will become a nun if they turn out as awful.

Ideally the Colts would drop within the top 10 while picking up a 1 next year and lots of change, allowing them to snag a top pass rusher or O-lineman.

Option 2:

If Luck is once again 100% good, all is well so we can take this second overall pick and take the absolute best player on the board.

This one is a little boring, and honestly would be a bit of a disappointment, but I keep hearing about Chubbs that everyone thinks is great. Can't get too mad at taking the best player available as long as it isn't Phillip Dorsette.

Option 3:

Luck is in question. This is the fear. Do we trust Briskettie? Maybe, he could be a stable force at least. But what about Luck? After weeks of silence following Chuck Pagano's amicable exit from the franchise, new head coach ***** ********** sounded less than sure that Luck will be back at the 2018 Combine.

After positive signs from his participation in voluntary minicamps, the Colts seem optimistic about their QB.

A week before the draft, the Colts announce that they have traded the #2 pick to the ########### in return for an unprecedented haul. They then set to work fortifying the lines.

Option 4:

Stunning everyone, a week after the league year begins the Indianapolis Colts have traded Andrew Luck to the Cleveland Browns in return for their #1 pick in the 2018 draft. Also included were a pair of second round picks from the Browns.

The Colts then take their preferred QB at #1 (Lamarr Jackson for my money) knowing that they can take a slow approach with the rookie thanks to Jakob Briset, before trading the #2 pick to the ##### for an ungodly haul before focusing on the lines.

Option 5:

The Colts take a QB at #2, signaling an end to the Andrew Luck era. Although Luck has participated in workouts, it is clear that the Colts intend to shop the former first overall pick and trade him. Luck has a fairly acceptable contract and if he proves healthy the Colts can deal him at their leisure before turning to their new young rookie.

Option 6:

Jim Irsay trades the #2 pick for an ungodly haul of grade A prescription pills.

:P

Seriously though, great break down. One thing though:

25 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The Colts then take their preferred QB at #1 (Lamarr Jackson for my money)

Why? I don't watch a lot of college ball, but everything I've seen has said he's the 4th best QB and fairly far behind the other three (though he is electric to watch, few times that I did). I've seen him graded as a mid second round guy who will probably go somewhere in the mid to late fist round because teams always reach with QBs. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Option 6:

Jim Irsay trades the #2 pick for an ungodly haul of grade A prescription pills.

:P

Seriously though, great break down. One thing though:

Why? I don't watch a lot of college ball, but everything I've seen has said he's the 4th best QB and fairly far behind the other three (though he is electric to watch, few times that I did). I've seen him graded as a mid second round guy who will probably go somewhere in the mid to late fist round because teams always reach with QBs. 

The most fun player I've ever watched is Mike Vick. I'd park Jackson's ass behind Briskettie for 2 years, getting him on the field in creative ways, and then unleash his athletic gifts upon the league in an orgy of TD's!

13 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

The most fun player I've ever watched is Mike Vick. I'd park Jackson's ass behind Briskettie for 2 years, getting him on the field in creative ways, and then unleash his athletic gifts upon the league in an orgy of TD's!

He does have some Vick in him, I'll give you that, I just think that if you got the 1 and the 2, you can trade both of them for an insane amount of picks and still get 1 top 10 pick to grab Jackson at 6-10 if you're so inclined. I just think he might go like Bridgewater did. High initial projection, then slips to the end of the 1st round and the Vikings come in and steal him. Hell, that might happen this year, given that all three of our QBs could be gone. Ain't no way anyone is signing Bradford. Teddy is a tricky case to figure out. And while I appreciate Case's grit and determination to win, ain't no way I'm paying him big bucks to stay. I'd give him $15m a year on average tops, and I'd front load the hell out of it so I could cut bait after year two if he regresses back to who he used to be.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

He does have some Vick in him, I'll give you that, I just think that if you got the 1 and the 2, you can trade both of them for an insane amount of picks and still get 1 top 10 pick to grab Jackson at 6-10 if you're so inclined. I just think he might go like Bridgewater did. High initial projection, then slips to the end of the 1st round and the Vikings come in and steal him. Hell, that might happen this year, given that all three of our QBs could be gone. Ain't no way anyone is signing Bradford. Teddy is a tricky case to figure out. And while I appreciate Case's grit and determination to win, ain't no way I'm paying him big bucks to stay. I'd give him $15m a year on average tops, and I'd front load the hell out of it so I could cut bait after year two if he regresses back to who he used to be.

I would be a proxy Vikings fan if Case stuck around for 15 or 16 million a year on like a 3 year deal.

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

I would be a proxy Vikings fan if Case stuck around for 15 or 16 million a year on like a 3 year deal.

It's just hard to trust that this Case is the real Case. He had a terrible game last week that reminded me of his previous years, though four offensive starters did have to leave the game (shades of last year all over again. Our team fell apart when the injuries started piling up.......at Carolina). But on the other hand, he was never in a good situation previously and now is surrounded by one of the best skill talent units in the league and a not terrible offensive line. Who knows. :dunno:

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's just hard to trust that this Case is the real Case. He had a terrible game last week that reminded me of his previous years, though four offensive starters did have to leave the game (shades of last year all over again. Our team fell apart when the injuries started piling up.......at Carolina). But on the other hand, he was never in a good situation previously and now is surrounded by one of the best skill talent units in the league and a not terrible offensive line. Who knows. :dunno:

Ignoring Sperry and his lack of faith, suppose Case continues to play well and the Vikes win the Superbowl? 

I’ll keep saying it even though it now seems unlikely to apply to my team; give me Rosen over any qb in this draft. I think most of the criticisms are that he doesn’t do comfortable nfl qb sound bytes and he’s playing with godawful teammates, but when it comes to things NFL quarterbacks need to do at a high level to become very good, he ticks more boxes than anyone i’ve seen in a while. Also, just aesthetically, he throws so damn pretty.

my autocorrect turns ‘qb’ into ‘about’? This is some kind of Canadian slur thing, gotta be, eh?

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

And I fully and honestly submit to the truth of @Kalbear

Matty Staves has the most 4th quarter comebacks since 09.

That is now an invalidated stat, and by the law of transitive properties, Andrew Luck sucks.

On a sidenote, how is the NFL Erotica going along? Can you somehow include the term "Half-and-Halfback"? I'd like to feel like I contributed.

Archived