NFL 2017: 3000 Miles to Jaceland

Jace, Extat

Re-watched the final couple minutes of the Pats game. I love that they lost it on a fake spike play and Roethlisberger tried to throw inside at the goal line again.

I've gotten to see Mike Tomlin and Pete Carroll make "Oh no" faces on a goal-line pick. My furnace is malfunctioning but I will sleep warmly tonight.

19 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Re-watched the final couple minutes of the Pats game. I love that they lost it on a fake spike play and Roethlisberger tried to throw inside at the goal line again.

I've gotten to see Mike Tomlin and Pete Carroll make "Oh no" faces on a goal-line pick. My furnace is malfunctioning but I will sleep warmly tonight.

I got to sit in the rain for 3hrs just to see it end like that. 

It was my first time seeing Brady, in person, though. 

5 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Oof. Sorry for you, Reny. Brutal loss.

It was tough, but a fun game to watch. I'm really happy I got to see Brady play though. I've got to see him and Peyton so I can die a happy fan. 

ETA: I was thinking of you and Rock at the end. It went from a perfect ending for me, to a perfect ending for you guys. 

1 hour ago, sperry said:

The call was fine, just sheer terrible luck. Also, the plane of the end zone and ball going to the ground rule cannot coexist logically. I'm sure this will be the straw that breaks the back on that part of the catch rule, but not in time to prevent that just egregious ending to a great game.

Can't say I agree there.   Playing for the tie there is the right thing.  You a re at home, Bell has been running unimpeded and the Pats D is on a threat.  The Steelers chances of winning in OT were probably pretty high given the circumstances.  If you go for it there you have a couple of major problems- #1, no question, you could throw a pick.  Which is what happened.  #2 you could get sacked and never have enough time to run the FG team out there.  Its a terrible call.  

9 minutes ago, Reny of Storms End said:

It was tough, but a fun game to watch. I'm really happy I got to see Brady play though. I've got to see him and Peyton so I can die a happy fan. 

ETA: I was thinking of you and Rock at the end. It went from a perfect ending for me, to a perfect ending for you guys. 

Just know that the Steelers have a better chance of beating the Pats at Foxboro than the Pats would have had beating the Steelers at Pitt in the AFC Championship game.  Brown will be back and probably healthy etc.  

58 minutes ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

Another Totally Legitimate Example Of Honest And Fair Athletic Sporting Competition Untainted By An Esoteric Jerrymandered Rulebook at the end of the game in Pittsburgh, there. 

Las Vegas Approves. :devil:

Been the rule for quite some time.  The Receiver does not become a runner until he completes the catch, which includes surviving going to the ground.  Its not esoteric or gerrymandered; its the rule.  Even the guest expert refs agree

Pats did well to win that because even with Brown out, Bell was killing them.  The NE secondary looked shaky earlier in the season but where were the LBs tonight?

Unfortunately, Steelers and Rapistberger look very capable for the play-offs. 

Vikings are the inverse of Seattle: indifferent QB but strong everywhere else.  Bears tried that model too but with weaker receivers and it didn’t go nearly so well. 

12 minutes ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

You can't fumble the ball forward.

Except when you can lose the ball and the game if you do.

Another shocking last minute plot twist brought to you by the exciting and Totally Legitimate NFL Rulebook.

The best soap opera on television.

B)

I was wondering about that rule.  Unless it was recovered by Dallas, shouldn't it have been Raiders ball where he fumbled?  I don't know, maybe they changed it.

Yes, if the ball had gone out at the 1 yard line the Raiders would have kept the ball at the 2 where Carr fumbled.

The NFL doesn't so change rules anymore (except "move back the XPs 15 yards because Fuck You They Aren't Hard Enough.  CHAOS~!  They just add arcane and narrow provisions and exceptions to existing rules so that more goofy shit can happen at the end of the game (so stay tuned for that last commercial break!  YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO EITHER BAIL OUT OR SCREW YOUR TEAM!)

This is why you need two hands, control, a valid driver's license or state ID, a note from your doctor and the original receipt of purchase in order to complete the process of the catch if you're falling to the ground.  That and because it makes a great cliffhanger for the TV audience when the officials watch the play like it's the Zapruder film checking for if the ball is bobbled back and to the left (back and to the left) and if they're going to gaslight America and say the thing that just happened didn't actually happen. 

This Is Clearly Not Considered A Bug But A Feature.

In the land of the blind... 

Its because everyone else is so brutally incompetent.  That's why the Pats are dominant: because everyone else if unprepared, stupid, lazy, corrupt, incompetent.  

I know people have to be annoyed with me breaking down the Pats and I don't blame them.  But what happened yesterday requires our attention. 

Because the Steelers lost this game in every way possible.  

Let's ignore the fact that in the 4th quarter, the Steelers somehow thought the Pats only legit receiving target- possible Cyborg, Rob Gronkowski - warranted single coverage.  Usually with a line-backer.  Great move morons.  Lets get right to this.

Its first down.  The Steelers are trailing by six with the ball on the Pats 7 yard line.  The Steelers throw a pass to  TE Jesse James.  Its initially ruled a TD but is reversed because the rule- the unambiguous, completely consistent rule that they have been calling this way for eons - says the receiver (not the runner, people who insist "breaking-the-plane-of-the-goal-line" means something) Must control the ball even when the strike the ground, otherwise its an incomplete pass.  On replay its clear- James drops the ball as he hits the ground in the end-zone.  No question- incomplete pass.  Oh, but "it looked like a catch"; yes and Carrie Fisher looked alive last time I saw her in "The Last Jedi;" it does not matter what it "looks" like; it only matter what reality says it is.  And reality says that Fisher died last year and James did not complete the pass.  

Now, the refs review the play.  And it takes FOREVER.  That is usually a sign the play will be overturned.  So, if you had to bet money what do you think Mike Tomlin- widely considered one of the 5-best coaches in the NFL - was doing while that was going on?  Do you think he had his offense and the O-Coordinator together going over possible plays they were going to run if the play came back incomplete?  Or do you think he was looking up blankly at the score board wondering why it was taking do long?  

My money would be on the blank stare.

So the play- rightly - is ruled an incomplete pass.  No question the correct call.  So the Steelers run out there and Big Ben gets harried throws a pass over the middle of the field and the receiver can't get out of bounds and so the clock is running the whole time.  The Steleers have no time-outs so they have to get back to scrimmage and ... 

And what? 

Before I get to that let me ask you a question: what down is it?  

So, Fat Fuck, Ben Rothlesberger clearly calls an audible and the Steelers run a play, directly into the middle of the field.  It fools nobody.  The Pats are the best coached team ion the NFL and their D is not fooled at all.  Rowe covers the Receiver as Big Ben winds up and throws an ill-advised pass right there.  Rowe slaps it, the ball bounces in the air, into the arms of Daron Harmon, Pats Safety.  

Ballgame.  

So, what happened?  

What happened was Ben Rothlesberger is a lying idiot who didn't know what down it was so he threw his O-Coordinator under the bus.  

After the game, accused rapist and really fat guy, Ben Rothlesberger, lied and said that he wanted to "clock" the ball but Todd Hailey TOLD Ben to run a play.  Because I believe that the way I believe Jerry Richardson is selling his team to be closer to his family.  Dumb play.  The Steelers are at home, have the Pats D is on a thread, why are you not going for a FG and the tie?  What the fuck?  

But... here is EXACTLY what Big Ben said after the game (Emphasis added):

"It wasn't a fake spike.  I was yelling 'clock it' because I felt that was the thing to do, to clock it and get yourself one play. And it came from the sideline: 'Don't clock it, don't clock it.' "

1. Liar.

2. What down is it? 

Its Third down.  First play, the James pass, second play the completion to the middle of the field and the receiver not running out of bounds.  So, its third down.  What did Fat fuck Rothelseberger say, again?  He said:

... to clock it and get yourself one play...

If he "clocks it" what does that mean?  It means he wants to have "one play" to score a TD, after they "clock" it.  HE THINKS ITS SECOND DOWN!!!!!! He thinks he can clock it, then run a play and then go for the FG.  What an incompetent fuck-head!  

Even if you believe Big Ben- even if the call came in from the side-line - then the burden falls on everyone.  Its on Big Ben for confusing a play with a spike; its on Hailey for not getting in a legit play; its on Tomlin for not preparing everyone; its on Fatso for throwing the ball into the teeth of the Pats D.  Its on all of them.

Two weeks ago, the intelligentsia of the Internet was all over Tom Brady for yelling at Josh McDaniels; they claimed he had "white privilege" or "patriarchy" or some other word-salad buzz word and that he was not being properly criticized by others. And yet, Brady never criticized McDanields and probably never will.

Yesterday, Rothlesberger threw Todd Hailey under the bus for all to hear and nobody gives a fuck.

Because nobody cares if its not the Pats.

Rothlesberger said that "it came form the head guy" and that means he is ALSO blaming Mike Tomlin.  And I would not be surprised if Hailey told Ben "DOn't blame me; blame Tomlin."

So Ben blames Hailey, Hailey blames Tomlin; Tomlin says "Its all good" and the Steelers have to travel to Foxboro in January because EVERYONE IN PITTSBURGH IS HORRIBLY, HORRIBLY INCOMPETENT!  

And the Pittsburgh Steelers are widely considered the second-best team in the AFC and one of the top 8 teams in the NFL.  

Manning's 4 picks in the 2003 AFC Championship game; Carroll calling a pass at the goal-line; the Falcons forgetting to run at the 22-yard line; the Chargers getting a pick just to have Brown strip it and get the Pats the ball back; Martz not using Faulk; McNabb puking on his shoes... 

And now the Steelers showing they are run with all the efficiency of the Italian Army, circa 1944.

The Patriots are the one-eyed King.... 

Disappointing outcome yesterday. Went from high to low real quick after the Juju catch and run. Sean Davis had a chance to end the Pats last drive, but dropped the INT instead. I knew we were toast once Brady had the ball with two minutes left. More opportunities presented itself after that and we failed to take advantage of it. 

In regards to the Jesse James play, the rule says that play was not a catch; even if it looked every bit a catch. I don't like the rule but it was the correct call. 

On 12/15/2017 at 8:43 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

Ignoring Sperry and his lack of faith, suppose Case continues to play well and the Vikes win the Superbowl? 

I’d still be inclined to hold fast at $15m a year. I’d just guarantee more of it.

Facts time:

Fact #1: The Bengals had five playoff wins when Marvin Lewis joined the team. 15 years later, they still have five wins.

Fact #2: The Vikings caved the Bengals’ skulls in yesterday.

Fact #3: Andy Dalton is trash.

Fact #4: Rhodes destroyed A.J. Green. Destroyed!

Fact #5: I’m being unnecessarily mean to Mex and Nic.

28 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Disappointing outcome yesterday....

Obviously, I won't blow smoke up your ass, BUT if there is a team that has the talent to overcome the home-field advantage in the playoffs, its the Steelers. 

The Pats HAVE blown the AFC Championship game before at home - 2013 v. Baltimore.  The Steelers know the Pats and with Brown back by then they will have a shot.  

Archived