NFL 2017: 3000 Miles to Jaceland

Jace, Extat

Good win by the Lions.  Now they need to just continue winning and hope for a little help from Seattle or Atlanta to hold the door open.

Granted, I wish they would have scored a bit more against the Bears, but that is Caldwell's way, get a lead and sit on it.  Also didn't like them trying to throw it at the end like they did.  Thought for sure Stafford had a broken collarbone the way he was hit and landed.

Marvin Lewis leaving the Bengals at the end of the season.

I think this is a good move for both parties. 15 years with one team is just too long, IMO. The only time I really think it can work is when the head coach has a superstar they are on the completely same page with, like Duncan/Pop and Brady/Belichick. Otherwise, I think a change of scenery is good for both parties after a while.

4 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Terribly disappointing performance by the Chargers with a bunch of terrible turnovers killing their chances.  Another year with a horrible September ruining the season for them.

Chargers gonna Charge

Even though it hurts the Lions playoff chances, I couldn't help but giggle a little when I get up from my nap and see that the Jesus of football, or Aaron Rodgers as he is known, is failing to beat the Panthers.

It's petty of me, I know, but I have been hearing all week how Rodgers was this superman who was going to lead the Packers into the playoffs and blah blah blah.  

Also, holy shit did the Vikings put a stamp on taking the division.  Dominated the Bengals. So, now I hope for some Atlanta and Seatle losing to commence.

Edit:  Dammit, right after I write this, Redzone cuts to Green Bay driving on Carolina.  Come on man!

It looks like Seattle’s season is sputtering out.  This is their make-or-break game.  TBH, the Rams are a much more balanced and well rounded team.  Seattle has some mercurial brilliance but it’s hit and miss (definitely a miss against the Titans and Jags), and now they have so many key defenders missing, and they still haven’t had a viable run game all season.

Archived