US Politics: the Moore things change...

Kalbear

7 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

Fox News: "What does this mean for the great Steve Bannon? He was supposed to be a master strategist ..."

---

---

Bannon is having the night the rest of us had November 2017.

Holy shit! This is like last year's Superbowl, I can't believe this is happening. Go back to your mad wizard lab, Bannon, and take your monsters with you. This is the United States of fucking America.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I simply can't do it.  Can you post a sampling here?

Here's a nice one:

"The righteousness that Roy Moore would bring to the Senate in exposing all the corruption, has the RINOS scared to death.. as if President Trump hasn’t already brought them to their knees.. Roy Moore as his Tag team partner would help deliver the Knockout Blow...MAGA FIGHTERS!"

That guy (pretty sure it's a guy) hasn't accepted reality, yet. On so many levels.

14 minutes ago, Fez said:

Holy shit.

Two things now: Jones needs to win by more than 0.5% to avoid an automatic recount and win by more than the margin of write-in votes so the GOP can't delay certifying the election for weeks/months.

.7% but by 12,000 votes, with 20,500 write ins

That's what the Republicans get for running a terrible candidate.  Thanks Bannon!  Just enough Republicans either stayed home or switched sides.  Not surprised at all at the result.  I think a couple of us on the forums called it.

This is good news for the Democrats, but I'm not sure how much you can use this race to project what will happen in 2018.  Moore was a historically horrendous candidate.  If the Republicans ran a generic, non-offensive Republican, I'm certain they would have won.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

The US better all be thanking black voters, especially black women.  It's looking like they've bailed us out.  Again.

I do, from the very bottom of my heart. Black women are some of the most reliable voters in the US, and thank whatever god you believe in for it.

8 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

That's what the Republicans get for running a terrible candidate.  Thanks Bannon!  Just enough Republicans either stayed home or switched sides.  Not surprised at all at the result.  I think a couple of us on the forums called it.

This is good news for the Democrats, but I'm not sure how much you can use this race to project what will happen in 2018.  Moore was a historically horrendous candidate.  If the Republicans ran a generic, non-offensive Republican, I'm certain they would have won.

Trump could have campaigned more forcefully for Moore.

Trump also could have resisted naming Sessions as AG.

Moore could have resisted the urge to be interviewed by a 12 year old girl near the election. Once a mall cruiser, always a mall cruiser, they say.

Archived