US Politics: the Moore things change...

Kalbear

9 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

A resounding defeat for the democrat leadership (fez approved) strategy of deliberately losing thousands of elections because winning them might take effort. Lets keep up this tactic of playing to win for the thousands of elections next year.

:D;)

so glad to be wrong that Moore didn't pull out a win. 

Doug Jones’s Victory Shows Why Democrats Must Compete Everywhere

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/12/joness-victory-shows-why-democrats-must-compete-everywhere.html

19 minutes ago, Fez said:

Moore was just talking about a recount, but he was citing the 0.5% automatic recount, which clearly isn't happening. I imagine he can pay for a recount himself (most states allow that), but wonder if he has the money for that.

That'd depend on how deep the pockets are for Bannon's cadre of white supremacist donors, I'd think. 

30 minutes ago, Warlock of Quarth said:

Moore not conceding and demanding a recount. Totally unexpected!

I just don't get it.  Moore says god is in control but then doesn't seem to believe it when he loses.  So is the fairy in control or not???!!!???

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You know what's nice to think about? All of those people who went to bed last night resigned to a loss, but will wake up with a shocking surprise in the morning. 

Yes!  I'm actually really looking forward to @Kalbear's reaction.  I think he predicted +10 Moore win.

Holy shit. I had entirely resigned myself to a Moore win, but holy shit, go Alabama. You (barely) didn't vote in a religious extremist, far right, alleged predator into the Senate. Well, that looks much less congratulatory than it did in my head, but whatever, go Alabama.

Hopefully, these recent wins are a sign of things to come next year.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I just don't get it.  Moore says god is in control but then doesn't seem to believe it when he loses.  So is the fairy in control or not???!!!???

I don't want to derail into religion to much but there are some branches of Christianity that believe God is more likely to grant your prayers if more people pray for something, sometimes in groups.

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

I don't want to derail into religion to much but there are some branches of Christianity that believe God is more likely to grant your prayers if more people pray for something, sometimes in groups.

Ah, so Moore will be claiming that god wanted him to win, only not enough people came to 'pray' at the polls.  But all those people who 'prayed' for Jones at the polls definitely weren't granted wishes by god.  Got it.  

19 minutes ago, TerraPrime said:

That'd depend on how deep the pockets are for Bannon's cadre of white supremacist donors, I'd think. 

If I were a rich guy Republican I’d probably steer clear of Bannons insurgency to begin with.  The GOP in its current iteration is already firmly in pocket, why go with the guy who wants to burn it all down and remake it in his own image.  Maybe I’m too optimistic, but I feel like the money men want a system skewed in their favor, but not a true rocking of the boat like Bannons wants.  Trump / Bannons unholy alliance of old school GOPers and white populism definitely do not mesh to me.  I think both sides have sought short term advantage from the pairing, but I don’t think both can really coexist in the same party long term.  

3 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Ah, so Moore will be claiming that god wanted him to win, only not enough people came to 'pray' at the polls.  But all those people who 'prayed' for Jones at the polls definitely weren't granted wishes by god.  Got it.  

Duh. Those people were all godless, atheist, commie, Muslim heathens, of course. Those prayers were all fraudulent. Some people were seen praying twice, probably even three times!

10 minutes ago, S John said:

Maybe I’m too optimistic, but I feel like the money men want a system skewed in their favor, but not a true rocking of the boat like Bannons wants.

That's entirely conditional.  If you're talking Mercer or Adelson?  Yeah they're straight up Batman villains - like, the one who gets killed in the first act.  The Kochs are probably what you're thinking of.

Archived