To Hell With you 2017!!!

Martell Spy

Well, a nice capper on the year. I was just hospitalized, although luckily they did not keep me long. I had a car break down earlier in the year. I also had a niece die in the opiod crisis. I'm sure there's a country song in here somewhere.

Plus, I open a website and it always seems to say that in America the Bad Guys are winning.

Luckily it looks like I can make the yearly big 2nd Edition D&D game that we have been running since '93, so maybe things are looking up.

F U, 2017!!!

p.s. Yeah, I am glad we are in the alternate universe that has new Star Wars movies, and good ones at that.

I'm going to say 2017 can F off for today, as a package was delivered to my house, but was not there when I got home from work. Now I have one gift and two nieces. Time to open up the wallet again, and I was already paying double the going rate on these things. Damn price gougers... 

I would also say the year was overall good for me at a personal level. By the end, I finished my grad school classes, got a job (kind of...), and have mostly bounced out of a chronic stomach illness I developed in 2016. 

Sorry this year was crappy for some of you!

On a personal level, 2017 has been mostly a good year for my family and I, though right now at the end, it's not so good. One of my parents' cats died just before Christmas. I've been taking care of their pets for the last 2 months, as they have had to relocate to an apartment in a different city, until they find a permanent thing. Yet despite having pets in my life, I feel like my level of loneliness has increased.

On the plus side, I became a permanent resident of the USA, and I got to take a trip to the old motherland to visit relatives and friends I hadn't seen in a long time.

One of my co workers adult daughter died just before Thanksgiving in a one car accident.  My co worker is now emotionally devastated and very, very sad.  She's missed a lot of work since then and the whole crew feels for her and misses her.

So fuck you 2017 on behalf of my co worker.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:36 PM, Joe Pesci said:

I'm going to say 2017 can F off for today, as a package was delivered to my house, but was not there when I got home from work. Now I have one gift and two nieces. Time to open up the wallet again, and I was already paying double the going rate on these things. Damn price gougers... 

I live in a shitty apartment building on a large college campus primarily inhabited by students, and package thefts happen way too often to me, too. Recently, an Amazon package repository center opened up a few-minutes walk away from my place, where they'll just ship an Amazon order directly there and hold the order in a locker until you retrieve it at no expense (if you're a Prime member). Maybe look into whether such a similar service exists around you? It's been an awesome way to not worry about package thefts. 

On 1/1/2018 at 3:08 PM, IamMe90 said:

I live in a shitty apartment building on a large college campus primarily inhabited by students, and package thefts happen way too often to me, too. Recently, an Amazon package repository center opened up a few-minutes walk away from my place, where they'll just ship an Amazon order directly there and hold the order in a locker until you retrieve it at no expense (if you're a Prime member). Maybe look into whether such a similar service exists around you? It's been an awesome way to not worry about package thefts. 

I'm glad you have that service for your packages, but at the same time, it's pitiful that people have been stealing so much that the service was opened. The thieves probably steal for some high more than anything. Regardless, shame on them!

Archived