The Tudors

The Last Wolf

I have watched them when they aired. I remember I thoroughly enjoyed Maria Doyle Kennedy as Catherine of Aragon and wished that they didn't fused Henry's sisters.

Natalie Dormer, as good as she was, repeates herself on GoT as her Margaery was almost identical to her Anne Boleyn.

Overall, the show had its moments but it was soapy.

It's wildly inaccurate, historically, so much of the time.  But -- one does feel strongly that the overall feeling and conditions of living in Hal 8's court and country is as likely true as anything that far removed in time can be.  This was the sense I took away from Rome as well -- which was, writing, etc., a much superior series, of course.

4 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

This is on our binge list... but its hard to catch-up with all the stuff that comes out on Netflix, Hulu and Amazon...But we definitely want to watch this...

Hard? Borderline impossible? Especially if you have RL to deal with :D

I think The Tudors are worth of your time. Or anyone else's as for that matter. There are moments of true drama and almost all characters are written in such fashion that you can't help but hating and, at the end, pitying them.

I liked Gabrielle Anwar in this. I only wish she had more to work with. Her role was far too insignificant.

And also it should be noted that, at the time when Henry Cavill was proclaimed the unluckiest man in show business, the role of Charles Brandon was the one that he actually got :D

Archived