SpaceX's Big Falcon Topic 2

SpaceChampion

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

More a blowtorch than a flamethrower, but perhaps it is needed to fight off the C.H.U.D.s.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I clicked on your link in the expectation of finding some type of wordplay in the article to humorously justify your statement, but alas, it seems you meant it quite seriously. What, pray tell, is it that upsets you so much about the Boring Company flamethrower?

3 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

I clicked on your link in the expectation of finding some type of wordplay in the article to humorously justify your statement, but alas, it seems you meant it quite seriously. What, pray tell, is it that upsets you so much about the Boring Company flamethrower?

Ask me again in a few weeks after some idiot has set his child/dog/house on fire with it.

Seriously, what is the point of a flamethrower?

Just now, Spockydog said:

Okay, tell me what you would do with one of these devices.

It does not necessarily have utility. Certainly not $500's worth of utility. If I was rich and didn't mind throwing $500 away for a laugh, or if I was given one for free, I'd run around pretty much like Elon is in that video, making the thing go whoosh.

Then, once the tank was empty I'd probably stash it in the garage and forget about it until a garage sale 20 years from now.

26 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

It does not necessarily have utility. Certainly not $500's worth of utility. If I was rich and didn't mind throwing $500 away for a laugh, or if I was given one for free, I'd run around pretty much like Elon is in that video, making the thing go whoosh.

Yeah, you and 7000 other morons. This is a deadly fucking weapon. You do realise these things are banned in warfare under the Geneva Convention? But, fuck that. Imma going run around my neighbourhood, fantasising about torching some Gook/Raghead village. Get some!

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, you and 7000 other morons. This is a deadly fucking weapon. You do realise these things are banned in warfare under the Geneva Convention? But, fuck that. Imma going run around my neighbourhood, fantasising about torching some Gook/Raghead village. Get some!

I think you may be taking this a tad too seriously.

7 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

I think you may be taking this a tad too seriously.

Maybe. Time will tell. I just find it incredulous that a man whom many claim to be such a visionary is flogging a device whose only real purpose is arson, or burning people or animals alive.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Ask me again in a few weeks after some idiot has set his child/dog/house on fire with it.

Seriously, what is the point of a flamethrower?

Pest control largely. Specifically afrcanized honey bees. Which is why they aren't illegal. Though I doubt these things have the range or spray time to be all that effective. All in all these things are hardly the most dumbass thing that people could get their hands on and fuck around with. See any number of perfectly legal power tools or vehicles.

3 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Pest control largely. Specifically afrcanized honey bees. Which is why they aren't illegal. All in all these things are hardly the most dumbass thing that people could get their hands on and fuck around with.

Personally, I don't think we should be exterminating any bees, Africanized or not.

And fire really isn't the best way to deal with pests.

2 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Also I refuse to click on a daily mail link.

My apologies. It was the first (of many) links that popped up when I searched for morons burning their own houses down to get rid of pests.

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

My apologies. It was the first (of many) links that popped up when I searched for morons burning their own houses down to get rid of pests.

Not surprising and no apology necessary, I don't really need a news story to accept that stupid people are doing stupid things. (did this even involve an actual flamethrower? Cause I can see this happening because of an idiot with a lighter and a can of axe body spray)

10 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, maybe I should move to the States where I can walk into a supermarket and buy an assault rifle to go with my flamethrower.

Perhaps you should consider leaving the UK as well, where acid and kitchen knives are legal, and used very frequently to attack people.  My aunt being one of those in London, among the 1500 attacks with acid in London alone in just the last 5 years.  Thousands and thousands of similar acid attacks in the rest of the UK in the same time period.

Ban all home acid products!

Archived