Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Varysblackfyre321

Did Tywin have to kill Rheagar's children

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Maximus Greyjoy said:

I don't think she would bear him any children.She did tell Ned she had any of Robert's kids aborted.

She will breed (as Tywin says) or else she will be put aside and maybe even cast off by her family

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

16 hours ago, Maximus Greyjoy said:

I don't think she would bear him any children.She did tell Ned she had any of Robert's kids aborted.

...with assistance of Jaime.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:12 AM, oldbus said:

My personal feeling is that Tywin did know that they would be murdered.  I don't think he explicitly ordered the Mountain to do it, but by sending the Mountain in, Tywin knew what he was getting.  Equally, I don't think he explicitly ordered the rape - I just don't think Tywin would have cared one way or the other.

Yes. The dead children set up the return of (f)Aegon in book 5. Without the death of the kids, his return would be meaningless and expected  

13 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Yes. The dead children set up the return of (f)Aegon in book 5. Without the death of the kids, his return would be meaningless and expected  

What would have happened if Tywin had ordered just Aegon (and Elia) killed, but Rhaenys spared?

Also, would it have been beneficial for Tywin to have Aegon and Elia killed in a deniable manner? Like defenestration?

10 hours ago, Jaak said:

What would have happened if Tywin had ordered just Aegon (and Elia) killed, but Rhaenys spared?

Also, would it have been beneficial for Tywin to have Aegon and Elia killed in a deniable manner? Like defenestration?

yes, but then we would have a different story

On 1/6/2018 at 4:51 AM, Jaak said:

Tywin thinks so. Remember what he said to Amory Lorch, about using a pillow to smother Rhaenys instead of stabbing her 50 times?

14 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Tywin thinks so. Remember what he said to Amory Lorch, about using a pillow to smother Rhaenys instead of stabbing her 50 times?

Yes, but Rhaenys and Aegon/Elia dying in different places simultaneously is still suspicious.

Suppose that Aegon and Elia fall out of a window and both die.

Two alternative explanations:

1. Elia took Aegon and committed suicide to avoid capture... like Helaena and Jaehaera
  2. Elia attempted to avoid capture by climbing out of the window... but could not.

Elia could easily have taken Aegon and fallen to their death. So both dead is not suspicious, and leaves no living witnesses as to whether it was murder, suicide or accident.

Robert is conveniently rid of the male heir of Rhaegaer, and also clear of blame. Since the blame for Aegon´s death is conveniently diffused - Gregor can and will blame Elia for active suicide or being so stupid as to try to climb out, Elia cannot speak to confirm suspicions of Gregor - it´s hard to blame Robert (or Tywin) even for unwillingness to punish Gregor.

I was wondering, had Elia been barren, would Tywin sent Gregor to kill her?