Do D&D hate feminity?

Varysblackfyre321

3 hours ago, Rhodan said:

He cited Randyll, however, so some people took an "offense".

Given how the practical importance of knowledge is already an established fact in this world - I wonder how absolute Randyll's scoffing attitude is in the first place: if he literally thinks all maesters etc. are useless, or he just doesn't like the way Sam considers it a pleasant alternative to losing weight and becoming a tough man.

And if it's really that absolute, how much of a fucking fool he is for having that view, and must be considered this by his fellow noblemen. Has he ever heard of that wildfire incident from a few years back, for starters??

Or maybe he just views them as kind of servants? Necessary and useful, but not prestigious enough for a nobleman to pursue that path?

At any rate, god forbid this old asshole might have a point here or there. I bet if Randyll says being really fat is unhealthy, other people would also be fools to start "citing" him?

On ‎9‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 3:04 PM, Pink Fat Rast said:

At any rate, god forbid this old asshole might have a point here or there. I bet if Randyll says being really fat is unhealthy, other people would also be fools to start "citing" him?

Great logic there. Comparing something that was said with something that wasn´t said....

So am I wrong to want Sansa to execute Littlefinger personally, as her father conducted executions? I felt it would be more meaningful that she does it, as part of fully embracing her heritage as a Stark, which is a turnaround from the beginning when she wanted to go South and marry Joffrey. If she stands in judgement, she should do it herself.

On 15.3.2018. at 1:15 AM, Angel Eyes said:

So am I wrong to want Sansa to execute Littlefinger personally, as her father conducted executions? I felt it would be more meaningful that she does it, as part of fully embracing her heritage as a Stark, which is a turnaround from the beginning when she wanted to go South and marry Joffrey. If she stands in judgement, she should do it herself.

Except that's a terrible idea, since Sansa, unlike Ned, has never used a sword and has zero experience and training with it. So that would be a good idea only if you want to see her hacking 10 times at Littlefinger's neck while he is bleeding and screaming, until she manages to cut his head off.

You need some skill to hack someone's head in one single swoop. Theon had training at swords, but he still did a terrible job of trying to cut the head of Rodrik Cassel in the show/Farlen the kennelmaster in the books. (Even Robb in the books didn't manage to execute Rickard Karstark with one blow. Only Jon managed to do it aa efficiently as Ned, when he executed Janos Slynt.)

1 hour ago, Annara Snow said:

Except that's a terrible idea, since Sansa, unlike Ned, has never used a sword and has zero experience and training with it. So that would be a good idea only if you want to see her hacking 10 times at Littlefinger's neck while he is bleeding and screaming, until she manages to cut his head off.

You need some skill to hack someone's head in one single swoop. Theon had training at swords, but he still did a terrible job of trying to cut the head of Rodrik Cassel in the show/Farlen the kennelmaster in the books. (Even Robb in the books didn't manage to execute Rickard Karstark with one blow. Only Jon managed to do it aa efficiently as Ned, when he executed Janos Slynt.)

Or they could have done it as in the show, with his throat being slit. 

Archived