Faith of the Seven and a god with multiple personalities

Darth Sidious

An interesting program above from the order of the greenhand.  I was already suspicious of the Seven.  It has to be a lie.  How can you trust a god with multiple personalities.  A god who is confused about its own gender.  A thousand year old god who still can't hold a steady job at that.  

Faith of The Seven is based on Christianity obviously. One God with multiple aspects (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit). And Faith of the Seven is very organized religion, has a very prominent clergy and it's own bureucracy. Other religions in The World of ASoIaF also has priests/priestesses but theirs is more like followers/disciples rather than clergy. Old Gods doesn't even have priests only trees.

When it comes to Faith of the Seven being a false religion, well yes. I think GRRM pound us in the head with that. It's not a secret. Every other religion except the Drowned God has some sort of supernatural aspect we witnessed but Faith of the Seven.

As for their septs. 

Recall the mummer's companies that Arya encounters in Braavos. It was The Ship, The Dome, Blue Lantern and The Gate. 

Now check what the wiki says about The Great Sept of Baelor: 

it's an impressive domed structure... and that "during the reign of King Aegon I Targaryen, a sept for the smallfolk of King's Landing was made in a sunken cog in the Blackwater Rush, while the High Septon in Oldtown sponsored a grander sept atop Visenya's Hill.

Think what you want. I take it as a purposeful parallel. The Ship is that sunken cog, meant for smallfolk. The Dome has more poetic offerings, meant for nobility. The Blue Lantern could be Hightowers (blue blood and lighthouse).  I'm not sure about the Gate. 

Everytime I come across "a sept" in the books, I read it as "mummer's playhouse". 

Like, in Catelyn's chapter: ...For her sake, Ned build a small sept at Winterfell...". 
And 
"The Great Sept is rivaled only by the Starry Sept of Oldtown and the castle sept of Highgarden." 
Well, the Highgarden sept would fit for the Blue Lantern. Hightowers of blue blood with their lighthouse. We Light The Way. Yeah, sure. 
And in the TWOW chapter Mercy I found a little gem that fits this little theory of mine. 

13 hours ago, Wolf of The Wall said:

Faith of The Seven is based on Christianity obviously. One God with multiple aspects (The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit). And Faith of the Seven is very organized religion, has a very prominent clergy and it's own bureucracy. Other religions in The World of ASoIaF also has priests/priestesses but theirs is more like followers/disciples rather than clergy. Old Gods doesn't even have priests only trees.

When it comes to Faith of the Seven being a false religion, well yes. I think GRRM pound us in the head with that. It's not a secret. Every other religion except the Drowned God has some sort of supernatural aspect we witnessed but Faith of the Seven.

It was created to pacify the miserable masses and make them obedient to their lords and ladies.  All of the primitive religions are bloody though.  Gods real or not are all hungry for human blood.  Bran witnessed his ancestors killing a man in front of the weirwood to let his blood feed the roots.

On 12/21/2017 at 8:26 PM, Ye Shall Be As Gods said:

It was created to pacify the miserable masses and make them obedient to their lords and ladies.  All of the primitive religions are bloody though.  Gods real or not are all hungry for human blood.  Bran witnessed his ancestors killing a man in front of the weirwood to let his blood feed the roots.

Catholicism is bloody.  Talk about partaking of the body and the blood of god.  I know it's a wafer and grape juice but still.  Those  gods won't go for the fake stuff.  If isn't a cut to the throat it's death by drowning or burning.

Archived