Year in Review : 17 Questions About Your 2017

PetyrPunkinhead

I don’t know about y’all, but my 2017 was all kinds of shitty. So, moving forward into 2018, I’m gonna try and focus on some of the good, nay, GREAT things about the past year, and I invite you to do the same and share. Answer as many or as few as you'd like. :) 

1. Who is the person you admired most in 2017?
  2. When did you sincerely say to yourself, “I’m fuckin’ awesome!” in 2017?
  3. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2017?
  4. When did you stand up and cheer in 2017?
  5. How did you improve something in 2017? (It can be something about you, your family, community, or the world in general)
  6. Favorite meme of 2017? (Pic please!)
  7. Your favorite catch phrase of 2017?
  8. What news story got you right in the feels in 2017? (Link please!)
  9. Favorite noms of 2017? (snack, meal, restaurant)
  10. What expletive did you enjoy saying the most in 2017?
  11. Favorite adult beverage of 2017?
  12. What great new snack did you discover this year?
  13. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2017?
  14. Favorite moment of nostalgia you experienced in 2017?
  15. When did you comfort someone who needed it in 2017?
  16. Who is someone that comforted you in 2017?
  17. What’s the most beautiful thing you saw in 2017?

11 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I don’t know about y’all, but my 2017 was all kinds of shitty. So, moving forward into 2018, I’m gonna try and focus on some of the good, nay, GREAT things about the past year, and I invite you to do the same and share. Answer as many or as few as you'd like. :) 

I appreciate the effort, but I think my year was far too shitty that I could answer any of these questions in a way that isn't depressing.

1. Who is the person you admired most in 2017?

Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers and Trevor Noah. For giving me at least a few chuckles when my instincts tell me to just be terrified and done with the human race.

When did you sincerely say to yourself, “I’m fuckin’ awesome!” in 2017?

Never. I actually learned just how hard it is to appreciate any of my accomplishments.

1. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2017?

The university library? Good times, good times...

1. When did you stand up and cheer in 2017?

Can't remember any moment in the entire fucking year.

1. How did you improve something in 2017? (It can be something about you, your family, community, or the world in general)

Well... Some of the pupils I'm tutoring made decisive progress when it comes to their marks. That's something, I guess. I also hope that some of my political rants made people reconsider voting for right-wing populists with shitty answers for made-up problems and even shittier core values they hide beneath all the shouting.

1. Favorite meme of 2017? (Pic please!)

1. Your favorite catch phrase of 2017?

1. What news story got you right in the feels in 2017? (Link please!)

News don't make me feel, except when that feeling is being terrified.

1. Favorite noms of 2017? (snack, meal, restaurant)

1. What expletive did you enjoy saying the most in 2017?

Had to look up what 'expletive' means. I guess my English isn't as good as I thought it is.

1. Favorite adult beverage of 2017?

I don't drink, but I'd say Bourbon. Because it makes every Colbert reaction shot even funnier.

1. What great new snack did you discover this year?

1. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2017?

1. Favorite moment of nostalgia you experienced in 2017?

I think there must be something... but I can't for the life of me come up with something. 2016 at least had that whole Pokémon craze, but this year I just kinda survived.

1. When did you comfort someone who needed it in 2017?

I am ashamed to say that I didn't, but honestly that has more to do with the fact that I'm not on that good terms with people in general. I'd like to say that I try to say comforting things to my mother whenever she's close to a nervous breakdown, but usually I'm not getting anything accomplished with that.

1. Who is someone that comforted you in 2017?

Nah, for the same reason as above.

1. What’s the most beautiful thing you saw in 2017?

... maybe the ending of the Umineko episode 8 manga while Queen's "Teo Torriate" was blaring into my ears. Left me a sobbing wreck, in a good way of course.

Fun questions to kill time between football commercials!

1. Who is the person you admired most in 2017?  Barack Obama
  2. When did you sincerely say to yourself, “I’m fuckin’ awesome!” in 2017?  When my advisor told me my diss overview was the best he'd ever read.
  3. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2017?  Hm.  Probably Nawlins.  Going back soon!
  4. When did you stand up and cheer in 2017?  Too many to count during the Yankees heckuva fun season.  Distinctly remember the first one though - Brett Gardner's 3-run homer with two outs in the ninth against the Cubs to make it 3-2.
  5. How did you improve something in 2017? (It can be something about you, your family, community, or the world in general)  Helping students
  6. Favorite meme of 2017? (Pic please!)  Any "That Guy" from Futurama one.  Like this.
  7. Your favorite catch phrase of 2017?  Pass
  8. What news story got you right in the feels in 2017? (Link please!)  This story sums it up better than I could.
  9. Favorite noms of 2017? (snack, meal, restaurant)  Fat Head's
  10. What expletive did you enjoy saying the most in 2017?
  11. Favorite adult beverage of 2017?  Single malt scotch.  Every year.
  12. What great new snack did you discover this year?  Hm.  Don't think I did.
  13. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2017?  The Walking Dead
  14. Favorite moment of nostalgia you experienced in 2017?  Probably recency bias, but the Avengers trailer.
  15. When did you comfort someone who needed it in 2017?  Again, most recent is when my friend's dog died and he called drunk at 4 in the morning.
  16. Who is someone that comforted you in 2017?  Me and one of my phud cohorts rely on each other to blow off steam about the program, so I'll give him a shoutout.
  17. What’s the most beautiful thing you saw in 2017?  The dog carrying a bag of food during Harvey.

1. Who is the person you admired most in 2017?  Pete Souza, White House photographer during the Obama administration, always ready to provide photographic evidence showing that Mango Mussolini is full shit
  2. When did you sincerely say to yourself, “I’m fuckin’ awesome!” in 2017?  When I was chosen to receive a paid trip to go to Dokdo Island, South Korea
  3. Where is your favorite place you visited or traveled to in 2017?  Dokdo Island, SK
  4. When did you stand up and cheer in 2017?  The election of Doug Jones as Senator of Alabama, USA
  5. How did you improve something in 2017? (It can be something about you, your family, community, or the world in general)  ...
  6. Favorite meme of 2017? (Pic please!)  a protest sign that read "Urine Over Your Head" (not really a meme, but I couldn't think of anything better; also, I can't find the pic anymore, sorry)
  7. Your favorite catch phrase of 2017?  when Seth Meyers says "It's time for A Closer Look"
  8. What news story got you right in the feels in 2017? (Link please!)  ...
  9. Favorite noms of 2017? (snack, meal, restaurant)  deep fried Orea cookies
  10. What expletive did you enjoy saying the most in 2017?  ...
  11. Favorite adult beverage of 2017?  any good German wheat beer
  12. What great new snack did you discover this year?  same as #9
  13. Favorite guilty pleasure of 2017?  ...
  14. Favorite moment of nostalgia you experienced in 2017?  ...
  15. When did you comfort someone who needed it in 2017?  ...
  16. Who is someone that comforted you in 2017?
  17. What’s the most beautiful thing you saw in 2017?

Archived