What if Wex is liar?

If he did (very plausible) it could be yet another way to be a thorn in the side of House Stark by an Iron Islander. Davos goes to Skagos, gets killed by the natives, Rickon isn't found by anyone able to verify his identity, and Stannis loses his most trusted advisor to boot. 

I don't think he lied though, but that still doesn't mean Davosw will succeed. Skagos is allegedly a perilous place. 

Hard to see what Wex would gain by lying. He has no skin in this game except his own, so why risk the enmity of those who are now his masters.

And Skagos does seem like a likely place for Osha to go. She doesn't know which of the northern houses to trust, and even if they were still friendly to Robb she would lose control of Rickon -- and who knows what they would do to her if they found out she was a wildling. She can't get past the wall, so at least on Skagos she knows how to deal with her own kind, which gives her a chance of keeping Rickon safe.

Move over Littlefinger!  There's a new player in the Game of Thrones... Wex! :rolleyes:

While I agree with the likely outcome of the erstwhile ruse, it seems like a  real stretch for any Iron Islander except possibly, barely, Euron to engage in that level of political maneuvering.  

Wex has proven resilient and precocious indeed but being very young, lowborn, and uneducated he seems an unlikely agent provocateur.

He also came from Winterfell, so  he'd need to be acting under orders from Theon, or maybe Dagmar Cleftjaw.  The former is a bumbling fool  in subterfuge and politics. Dagmar is no idiot but we know him as a warrior  and reaver captain first and foremost.  Not a great student of the Game to my reading. 

I suppose maybe Ramsey Snow would be capable of that, but it doesn't seem his style. To me.  

After carefully reviewing evidence I respectfully submit that sometimes a starving, clever, illiterate orphan is just a starving, clever, illiterate orphan, and not a deep cover sleeper agent.  Even  in Westeros. :ph34r: 

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, John Suburbs said:

Hard to see what Wex would gain by lying. He has no skin in this game except his own, so why risk the enmity of those who are now his masters.

And Skagos does seem like a likely place for Osha to go. She doesn't know which of the northern houses to trust, and even if they were still friendly to Robb she would lose control of Rickon -- and who knows what they would do to her if they found out she was a wildling. She can't get past the wall, so at least on Skagos she knows how to deal with her own kind, which gives her a chance of keeping Rickon safe.

And davos pov can be used to bring the army in skagos to fight. The north is lacking fighting men. So they might come really handy to fight against the ww or even the boltons...

On 26/12/2017 at 1:56 PM, RedGrace that was promised said:

Wex points out the most dangerous place in the North to where Rickon has gone. Maybe he invented this story and thought that Davos would never come back to reveal it. Even if Davos comes back with empty hands it won't be enough to accuse Wex.

There's your answer right there. 

Archived