Watch, Watched, Watching: Ringing in 2018

RedEyedGhost

4 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Finished the third season of The Americans last night

Hide contents

Thought it was a good season. Philip and Martha's scenes towards the end of the season were getting intense. I was waiting for Stan or some other agent to come in or confront Philip. Though I guess that happened in the first season with Amador kinda. Too early in the series for the Stan/Philip/Elizabeth showdown but I have to believe it's getting close. Paige reached the Pantheon of annoying kid characters this season. Not quite Dana from

Homeland, but she came damn close. Her relationship with the pastor is irking me. The biggest annoyance was how she demanded to know what her parents were up to, they tell her, and she acts like a brat about it for the rest of the season. Then she goes with Elizabeth to see her mom, and seems like she starts to have an understanding, and goes home and immediately calls the pastor. Starting S4 today. Looks like things will heat up quickly.

It's a great show - takes it time and doesn't rush plots. Looking forward to the finale as I have a feeling theyt've known how to end it for a while and I'm looking forward to all the threads coming together.

As for Page

I agree she is annoying but I let the show off because her reaction and behaviour is actually pretty damn reasonabe given the circumstances.

15 minutes ago, red snow said:

It's a great show - takes it time and doesn't rush plots. Looking forward to the finale as I have a feeling theyt've known how to end it for a while and I'm looking forward to all the threads coming together.

As for Page

Hide contents

I agree she is annoying but I let the show off because her reaction and behaviour is actually pretty damn reasonabe given the circumstances.

Yeah it's definitely reasonable. Just irks me, is all. My wife and I have been flying through it. We'll be caught up by the S6 premiere. 

On 1/27/2018 at 11:16 PM, Triskele said:

I watched the first episode of HBO's limited series Mosaic and did not love it at all but might give it one more.

I binged it over the weekend and really enjoyed it.  

On 1/27/2018 at 0:33 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

I just finished watching A Futile and Stupid Gesture on Netflix. That was quite good. It was interesting watching Joel McHale play Chevy Chase - I think all of the actors playing all those ultra-famous actors did a really good job capturing their mannerisms. Definitely recommended.

When they were doing the "Tomorrow Show" interview I thought they were doing a "Forrest Gump" splicing Will Forte with footage of actual Tom Snyder, it took me over a minute to realize that was Ed Helms and not Snyder, he looked just like him!

Yes, really enjoyed this.

Interesting, I knew much of the story of Doug Kenney peripherally in pieces from the behind the scenes "Animal House" and "Caddyshack" documentaries and reading the uncensored history of Saturday Night Live book, but there were parts that were new to me and it was nice to see Kenney get a whole movie devoted to him.

I sincerely hope they do a movie in the same vein about Michael O'Donoghue, Futile only touched the tip of the iceberg about how crazy that guy was, his antics would make a very entertaining movie.

20 hours ago, Triskele said:

I watched episodes 2 and 3 and thought they were far more compelling than the pilot and am excited to finish now.  

Yeah, the pilot was not that great, but it really picked up after that.

I've moved on to Portlandia and can't believe I've missed it.  This show is hilarious.

Archived