To Eat, Or Not To Eat, The Delicious Hate Chicken, That Is The Question

Mr. Chatywin et al.

4 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

There is a delicious irony of helping your sister towards liberalism while eating at a Chik-Fil-A.

I see what you did there.

2 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Oh you sweet summer child, food has always been political.  

Hell yes.

Back when religion = political (even more so than today) from eating kosher to lent and to fish and no meat on fridays.

Then to "let them eat cake" to Yankee Doodle with macaroni and Boston tea partying to boycotting grapes to freedom fries.

and dozens of examples in between I missed.

37 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

I only tried to make a tasteful comment.

3 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Including who will serve and who will eat.

I struggle thing think of any area where food isn't political.  In addition to what's been mentioned already, how it's eaten, when it's eaten, who gets to eat it, how it's taxed and so on.

Food and politics can be a costly mistake for some restaurants.

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/j5g7a8/pro-trump-anti-global-warming-facebook-post-leads-to-restaurants-closure

On Friday, the restaurant's owners Christopher Smith and Jay Warren wrote a lengthy Facebook post outlining what the two of them do and do not advocate. "We believe in and support 100% in the following," it began, before listing things like "OUR President," "Always Standing for the National Anthem," and "Drug screening for welfare recipients." It also listed things that "we DON'T believe in or support," which included those who don't love All Things Trump, "Late Night Hosts Getting Political," and global warming. It also announced that it would no longer broadcast NFL games "until they get their act together" and stop protesting police brutality during the National Anthem.

This post led to them first apologizing and later closing indefinitely.  

1 hour ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Does this mean no Republican Caesar salad? :(

Depends on your tax bracket.  I'm just assuming here, but you might be able to scrape by with some wilted, slimy lettuce, expired dressing, stale croutons, and maybe you can shred some cardboard and pretend it's parm cheese.  Welcome to Republican style salad making!

6 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

yup.

and I am a professional snob about it. I try to buy for my home and restaurant quality products from vendors and producers that aren't vile cunts. sometimes I don't had a choice. I also exercise that when dining out.

17 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Hell yes.

Back when religion = political (even more so than today) from eating kosher to lent and to fish and no meat on fridays.

Then to "let them eat cake" to Yankee Doodle with macaroni and Boston tea partying to boycotting grapes to freedom fries.

and dozens of examples in between I missed.

Gonna get me some freedom fries for like lunch, with some dank nationalism sauce on the side.

3 hours ago, Eggegg said:

True. I tend to eat only blood smeared red meat for fear of being seen as too progressive 

It's a good thing you eat meat.  I heard that going vegetarian will make your cock and balls fall off and then you won't be manly anymore and I know how important that is to you.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

It's a good thing you eat meat.  I heard that going vegetarian will make your cock and balls fall off and then you won't be manly anymore and I know how important that is to you.

Also a largely soy diet gives you man breasts. I’m happy you are so knowledgable in nutrition  

I feel lucky I've never experienced a chick-fil-a sandwich, because I'd probably crave them all the time.  As it stands, my political philosophy can win that small battle.  I have recently learned that Jimmy from Jimmy John's is a complete ass though, which saddened me since their mediocre sandwiches are a fast alternative to not cooking and also not eating like shit.  So while we've decreased our patronage, we've still eaten there a couple of times :(

I've never understood the appeal of Chick-Fil-A. It's expensive compared to other fast options and nothing about the quality of the food has ever impressed me. Although they once gave out free sandwiches before a Steelers game, and I was pretty drunk so it was good at that time. 

The thing to get at Chik-fil-A is the 12-pc. nuggets combo with waffle fries and a Dr. Pepper AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - get Chick-fil-A sauce as your condiment.  They make a good quality fast food nugget especially when compared to Wendy's or McDonald's, it's an actual fried piece of chicken rather than chicken dust pressed into a blob-like shape and fried.  The Chick-fil-A sauce is better than anything at those other places too.  It's pretty rare for me to eat fast food in general, only a handful of times per year, but if I am and have a choice in the matter it'll be Chick-Fil-A.  I just don't think my approximately $30 / year is significant if withheld and I do prefer their product to what the competitors offer. 

On 12/29/2017 at 9:22 AM, kairparavel said:

Most of my shoes are from New Balance/Aravon because generally they are the only brand with a wide enough toe box. I hate that it has to be this way because of the NB CEO's leanings but also because it limits me to terribly unsexy shoes. I buy from them out of need and donate to causes that are in opposition to their shitty views.

I’m not sure what you’re looking for exactly, but try Echo. They’re great for people who need wider shoes.

I've decided that abortion rights are my trigger issue and won't give ground for anyone who is trying to scare teen-aged girls back to back alleys.

I went to a meat shop in a small town in the Lodi area over the weekend and even though the shop's signs advocated for an interpretation of the 2nd Amendment I find odious, I was able to look past that.  But had the signage been about abortion, I would not have been able to and I'd have moved on.

IMO,there are lines that can be crossed and lines that can't.  I'm okay with that.

Not every place can have a CEO like Little Ceasars.  Yeah, the pizza is cheap and fast, but LC's founder and late CEO paid the rent for Rosa Park for years, from around 1994 to 2005.  I'm sure he had plenty of faults, but he did take care of Park housing when she was very old.  

Those who knew Mike Ilitch, the Little Caesars founder and Detroit Tigers owner who died last Friday, have spent the past few days fondly remembering his impact on friends, on Detroit residents, and on the sports community.

Ilitch also had an impact on the daily life of one of the most iconic figures from the civil rights movement.

For more than a decade, Ilitch had quietly paid for Rosa Parks' apartment in downtown Detroit, according to CNN affiliate WXYZ.

That story came to light thanks to Damon Keith, a Detroit native and federal judge.

"They don't go around saying it, but I want to, at this point, let them know, how much the Ilitches not only meant to the city, but they meant so much for Rosa Parks, who was the mother of the civil rights movement," Keith told WXYZ.

Archived