How would Dany react to faegon?

Varysblackfyre321

Despite him being a secondary character, I do find the Aegon question an interesting one.

The happiest ending I see for Aegon if he’s a fake is him learning the truth, feeling free from the burden and perhaps making an alliance with Dany or whoever is ruler to bring the Golden Company home, becoming their new leader or something. I don’t think he’s going to get the throne based on succession because reinstalling the Targaryens isn’t going to be enough. 

It also depends on whether he and Dany end up on bad terms. If it becomes certain that Aegon is the “mummers dragon” (or shall we say Varys’s dragon) and that Dany will “slay” those lies, she might be put into position where she feels she has to kill him. Even if he is, it depends on where he is and what he is doing by the time she gets on the Westerosi scene. If she finds him “in her seat” and wants to get rid of him, or she throws her lot in with the War for the Dawn and he is still playing at sheltered politics, he might be disposed of simply because he is a liability.

It is sad but everything about Aegon makes me feel like he is essentially a foil to Dany — playing at being Aegon the Conqueror 2.0 when all he is is a well-educated yet unseasoned boy with less maturity and hardiness of real world experience that Daenerys has forced upon her. If Jon Snow survives the Marsh’s mutinee, Aegon might also serve as his foil too not just for same reasons as it would be for Dany but if R+L=J the if Aegon is Realgon, Jon would be his little brother. Even if Aegon is a fake, if the Blackfyre link is true then he might even want to accept Jon as an honorary Blackfyre too as, aha!

Again, the happiest ending for Aegon I see is that he is freed from being a life-long puppet to being free to pursue his own interests. 

As I posted here, I suspect that Daenerys will come to Aegon's aid as Tyrion suggested, and the two will broker a marriage and produce an heir. But there will be a falling out, and the two will fight. Daenerys will win, but then die, perhaps in childbirth. 

I would really like it if everyone got along, but there's a fat chance of that happening. We don't know Aegon's feelings on ruling and becoming king. Does he want it because he was told it's rightfully his, or would he rather not rule at all. It seems to me that Jon Conn will be losing control over his young charge soon enough.

Dany and Barristan's reactions will be interesting when they find out that there's someone in Westeros claiming to be its rightful king, but Tyrion is such a wild card in all of this. I'm not even sure if he thinks this kid is real of fake. I've read those passages several times and I'm still not sure.

I think Dany would react to him favorably, in the sense that she wouldn't be the last one of her line any longer. 

That depends on whether Aegon can prove his lineage.  Their system of ruling is based on who child the child is of whom.  There may be tension in the start but both are reasonable people and they will work things out.  Say Aegon is Blackfyre.  This is a good opportunity to heal the bad feelings between House Targaryen and their Blackfyre relations with a marriage between Dany and Aegon.  This is the marriage pair that works the best for everyone.  Dany is Aegon the Conqueror and she will follow the same pattern but her stage will be larger encompassing east and west.  She will have two husbands and one will be Aegon. 

3 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

As I posted here, I suspect that Daenerys will come to Aegon's aid as Tyrion suggested, and the two will broker a marriage and produce an heir. But there will be a falling out, and the two will fight. Daenerys will win, but then die, perhaps in childbirth. 

Dany has seen Rhaegar in her visions of HoU.  If fAegon looks anything like Rhaegar, she might be persuaded.  Then there are the Targaryen tapestries with likenesses of the family tree.  Tyrion has had a look at them.  I'm not sure that Tyrion has ever seen Rhaegar in person, but Barristan certainly has seen Rhaegar, if he survivies to meet fAegon. 

I'm inclined to think that if Dany is persuaded that fAegon is Rhaegar's son; she will give up her claim on the throne.  I don't think her destiny is to be the ruler of Westeros; but to play a part in the larger conflict by ending the imbalance between ice and fire and destroying the minions of the night.  I don't see her surviving it. 

1 hour ago, Thomas Crown said:

That depends on whether Aegon can prove his lineage.  Their system of ruling is based on who child the child is of whom.  There may be tension in the start but both are reasonable people and they will work things out.  Say Aegon is Blackfyre.  This is a good opportunity to heal the bad feelings between House Targaryen and their Blackfyre relations with a marriage between Dany and Aegon.  This is the marriage pair that works the best for everyone.  Dany is Aegon the Conqueror and she will follow the same pattern but her stage will be larger encompassing east and west.  She will have two husbands and one will be Aegon. 

Aegon can "prove" his lineage... First and foremost, he has the Targaryen look. Second, his hand was a companion of Aegon's presumed father. Third, Jon Connington's claim will be supported by Varys’s testimony, likely supported by notes and records (the identity of the pisswater prince and the father who sold him, the ship on which Aegon was smuggled, and the location where Aegon was raised). Fourth, he will likely be given the symbols of Targaryen royalty, including the Conqueror's crown and sword. And the clincher will be whether he can bond with one of Daenerys’s dragons. None of that, however, will rule out his true identity as The Blackfyre

2 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Aegon can "prove" his lineage... First and foremost, he has the Targaryen look. Second, his hand was a companion of Aegon's presumed father. Third, Jon Connington's claim will be supported by Varys’s testimony, likely supported by notes and records (the identity of the pisswater prince and the father who sold him, the ship on which Aegon was smuggled, and the location where Aegon was raised). Fourth, he will likely be given the symbols of Targaryen royalty, including the Conqueror's crown and sword. And the clincher will be whether he can bond with one of Daenerys’s dragons. None of that, however, will rule out his true identity as The Blackfyre

Many people from the east have the Targaryen look.  Looks are not enough to prove identity.

36 minutes ago, Thomas Crown said:

Many people from the east have the Targaryen look.  Looks are not enough to prove identity.

Varys isn't exactly who anyone would call trustworthy  especially Dany having worked for the Targs then the the baratheons when it saved his neck and then reported her movements to them nearly costing her life. Any document he puts forth would likely be not be impressive and have no real way to verify if it's contents are accurate.

50 minutes ago, Thomas Crown said:

Many people with Targaryen looks are not backed by Jon Connington and Lord Varys, or wearing the Conqueror's crown and wielding the Conqueror's sword, or riding a dragon. 

14 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Varys isn't exactly who anyone would call trustworthy  especially Dany having worked for the Targs then the the baratheons when it saved his neck and then reported her movements to them nearly costing her life. Any document he puts forth would likely be not be impressive and have no real way to verify if it's contents are accurate.

Varys pulled it off then, and at Tyrion’s trial...

"Lord Varys," the herald said, "master of whisperers."

Powdered, primped, and smelling of rosewater, the Spider rubbed his hands one over the other all the time he spoke. Washing my life away, Tyrion thought, as he listened to the eunuch's mournful account of how the Imp had schemed to part Joffrey from the Hound's protection and spoken with Bronn of the benefits of having Tommen as king. Half-truths are worth more than outright lies. And unlike the others, Varys had documents; parchments painstakingly filled with notes, details, dates, whole conversations. So much material that its recitation took all day, and so much of it damning. Varys confirmed Tyrion's midnight visit to Grand Maester Pycelle's chambers and the theft of his poisons and potions, confirmed the threat he'd made to Cersei the night of their supper, confirmed every bloody thing but the poisoning itself. When Prince Oberyn asked him how he could possibly know all this, not having been present at any of these events, the eunuch only giggled and said, "My little birds told me. Knowing is their purpose, and mine."

Tyrion IX, Storm 66

I wouldn't bet against his persuasive skill, especially when Aegon will have Jon Connington's backing. And if he ends up wearing the Conqueror's crown and wielding the Conqueror's sword and riding a dragon, it's a done deal. 

7 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Many people with Targaryen looks are not backed by Jon Connington and Lord Varys, or wearing the Conqueror's crown and wielding the Conqueror's sword, or riding a dragon. 

Dragons have been known to eat those with Targaryian blood. Dany's are just as if not more like to snap off Aegon's head than nuzzle him no? And items can be stolen by anyone. 

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Dragons have been known to eat those with Targaryian blood. Dany's are just as if not more like to snap off Aegon's head than nuzzle him no? And items can be stolen by anyone. 

If one of Daenerys’s dragons eats Aegon... well, it won't be much of a dance. 

Archived