Sansa's bad Luck theory (about dead Lady) and discussion.

Sanrast

Okay I thought about something, it's not something important, but I thought I would post it just in case someone has theories and want to discuss it further.I think that Sansa's bad luck is not the same with other characters. Yes a lot of other characters suffer but I think Sansa is some kind of Martin's Archetype for bad luck.The reason I thought this was how that while some characters suffer misfortunes but a lot of them is because of their actions. Sansa is suffering simply because that was her fate.

And the most interesting revelations I made and the reason of the post:

Sansa's wolf was named Lady. And Lady died. We refer to Luck as Lady Luck. So I think Martin used this symbolism to say that Sansa's Luck died. Lady was Lady Luck.

If anyone has thoughts or theories about Sansa's luck I would be interested on reading them. How do you find the connection of Sansa's Lady with Lady Luck I thought? Do you think that Martin used this connection or it was random?

Could be random. The only bit about luck I remember was Davos keeping his fingerbones for luck, though he doesn't seem any worse off since he lost them. But maybe if Sansa gets back to Winterfell, the place of Lady's bones, it will become clearer to her what she needs to do to re-set her destiny.

Not so sure about Sansa suffering for destiny.   She was determined to stay in Kings Landing and become queen.   After that she continued to plot herself right into frickin Little Finger's hands. And she's still plotting.  Seems to me she's made plenty of decisions regarding her life and future.    Sure there were instances she had no control over, like marrying Tyrion, but she managed to get out of that.  The Lady Luck idea is great.  I just don't think Sansa has suffered any more than say Jon or Arya or Bran.  Rickon has been left to fate, being too young to decide for himself.  Sansa started her ball rolling when she confided her father's plans to the queen.   Of all the Stark kids, Sansa seems most in control of her circumstances.

As Jon tells Ygritte, "it's all in where you're standing". Look at it from a different angle and you can argue she's one of the lucky ones... all that's necessary for this to work is to think of all the things she's been through and remember she is still alive and kicking - and getting ready to kick some ass! 

I suppose it's a glass half full/half empty kinda thing. ;)

Archived