Oberyn’s trial for Joffrey’s murder

Floki of the Ironborn

At one point, Oberyn thanks Tyrion for drawing suspicions away from him by being the chief suspect in Joffrey’s murder. And the reasons he gives are pretty solid evidence that Oberyn should have been the main suspect by all rights. He is a Martell with a serious grudge, he is a master of poisons, he’s plotted against the Lannisters for years, and he was present at the wedding. Obviously the evidence is flimsy, but so was Tyrion’s. And Mace Tyrell would easily believe Oberyn to be guilty and would have no qualms about executing him. Tywin has no love for him either and considers him half mad, but on the other hand, Myrcella is in Dorne. I wonder who the third judge would be, but part of me suspects it could be Tyrion. And I have no idea how he would behave in that scenario. Nor do I fully know how Oberyn’s trial would play out.

35 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

At one point, Oberyn thanks Tyrion for drawing suspicions away from him by being the chief suspect in Joffrey’s murder. And the reasons he gives are pretty solid evidence that Oberyn should have been the main suspect by all rights. He is a Martell with a serious grudge, he is a master of poisons, he’s plotted against the Lannisters for years, and he was present at the wedding. Obviously the evidence is flimsy, but so was Tyrion’s. And Mace Tyrell would easily believe Oberyn to be guilty and would have no qualms about executing him. Tywin has no love for him either and considers him half mad, but on the other hand, Myrcella is in Dorne. I wonder who the third judge would be, but part of me suspects it could be Tyrion. And I have no idea how he would behave in that scenario. Nor do I fully know how Oberyn’s trial would play out.

The evidence for Tyrion was literally hundreds of people watching him give him the cup that poisoned the king as well as multiple accounts of him threatening to kill the king. Relations with Dorne are delicate and Tywin won't start another war  over this with no evidence-even then maybe not, Joffery was harder to control than he was worth.

44 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

The evidence for Tyrion was literally hundreds of people watching him give him the cup that poisoned the king as well as multiple accounts of him threatening to kill the king. Relations with Dorne are delicate and Tywin won't start another war  over this with no evidence-even then maybe not, Joffery was harder to control than he was worth.

Yah, Tyrion was going to be the fall guy no matter what happened. 

6 hours ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

There would be no judge. Oberyn likely poisoned Tywin, and upon the latter's death, cersei would have accused him, he would demand a trial by combat, she would choose Gregor as champion and the rest would have gone as written with the accusations, the torture, the poisoned spearhead and the skull crushing post admittance, save Tyrion puking up his dornish scramble. Tywin's corpse would have the same smell and smile, and Tyrion would be accused in some way that would drive him to Essos.

Fin.  

2 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

That made me laugh.   Well done, Ser. 

Sorry, I answered in haste. I was trying to think of a way that Tyrion wouldn’t be the obvious suspect, and that means he was indisposed and absent. Though I suppose Cersei would always have suspected him no matter what.

3 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Sorry, I answered in haste. I was trying to think of a way that Tyrion wouldn’t be the obvious suspect, and that means he was indisposed and absent. Though I suppose Cersei would always have suspected him no matter what.

You're fine and it really was funny. Tyrion really tried to get out of being there but they made him stay.  No way Tyrion was going to be allowed to beg off Joffrey's torment on that day.  Cersei and probably Tywin were itching for a way to get rid of Tyrion.  

5 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

Yeah,if not him oberyn but even he got Oberyn beat by a mile. I mean he's publicly threatened, assaulted Joffery on multiple occasions and talked of how it was a good thing Baelor's uncle deposed of him

Archived