U.S. Politics. Next?

A True Kaniggit

11 hours ago, Paladin of Ice said:

"Nothing can be done about this, says the only country where this happens regularly."

Pretty much. 

I saw Trump supporters try and say that mass shooting in NJ, where that 16 year old killed his father, his mother, his sister and his grandfathers friend, was an ISIS attack and that the shooter was shouting Allah Akbar, even though the shooter is a suburban white kid.

So the FBI is investigating Anti-fascist ideology. 

I thought the FBI didn't investigate ideologies? Oh wait, that's bullshit, they always have.

And when they start investigating anti fascism, it's evident it's a fascist government in power. 

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fbi-investigating-people-animated-by-antifa-ideology/article/2642174

23 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Interesting set of articles. Thanks for posting.

The Wall Street Journal editorial page, meanwhile, mocks democracy advocates and their hand-wringing.

Always, always read the WSJ carefully and critically or you might end up being a conservative buffoon.

5 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Pod is much smarter and better looking.  He also has all of his own hair. 

According to the show Pod can also please a woman, ergo your comparison cannot even bear the most cursory scrutiny.

:P

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

Another thing is that, unless America drastically ups its military spending, China will reach parity with them in that regard in about 12 years.  

24 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

According to the show Pod can also please a woman, ergo your comparison cannot even bear the most cursory scrutiny.

:P

I didn't want to be rude and bring up Pod's Rod, but now that you mention it....... I heard that unlike that orange buffoon with fake hair in DC, he doesn't need the little blue pill, if ya get my drift.   :leer:

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yes, but his will be the best nuclear holocaust. Trump always does the best nuclear holocaust, with the best people.

OOOH! Oooooh! My Lawmom gave me one of the best books I've ever read for Christmas and it was about humanity dealing with an impending apocalyptic event so this is on my mind. 

Would people be into a thread about realistic potential next generation fallout of things like Climate Change or a Nuclear Holocaust? 

Spoiler alert, I don't think the latter would be all that bad. At least, not Cormac McCarthy bad. I've only ever watched that movie twice, and the first time I didn't sleep for a week. 

5 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Would people be into a thread about realistic potential next generation fallout of things like Climate Change or a Nuclear Holocaust? 

Spoiler alert, I don't think the latter would be all that bad.

You don't think a Nuclear Holocaust would be 'that bad'?  wut..............?

2 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

You don't think a Nuclear Holocaust would be 'that bad'?  wut..............?

C'mon, don't do me like that with the cut off quote. 

I mean that humanity is not going to go extinct in a ball of nuclear fire or its fallout. I doubt many countries would exist in any sort of recognizable way, but after a few months I bet that basic life would go on fairly normally. 

4 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

C'mon, don't do me like that with the cut off quote. 

I mean that humanity is not going to go extinct in a ball of nuclear fire or its fallout. I doubt many countries would exist in any sort of recognizable way, but after a few months I bet that basic life would go on fairly normally. 

Well, there is the possibility of Nuclear Winter, which wouldn't be like any winter ever experienced.  A severe lack of sunlight and a severe overabundance of smoke would be terribly devastating.  This does not sound like basic life would go on normally.

Summary of consequences: U.S.-Russian war producing 150 million tons of smoke

• 2600 U.S. and Russian strategic nuclear weapons on high-alert are launched (in 2 to 3 minutes) at targets in the U.S., Europe and Russia (and perhaps at other targets which are considered to have strategic value).
  • Some fraction of the remaining 7600 deployed and operational U.S. and Russian strategic nuclear warheads/weapons are also launched and detonated in retaliation for the initial attacks.
  • Hundreds of large cities in the U.S., Europe and Russia are engulfed in massive firestorms which burn urban areas of tens or hundreds of thousands of square miles/kilometers.
  • 150 million tons of smoke from nuclear fires rises above cloud level, into the stratosphere, where it quickly spreads around the world and forms a dense stratospheric cloud layer. The smoke will remain there for many years to block and absorb sunlight.
  • The smoke blocks up to 70% of the sunlight from reaching the Earth's surface in the Northern Hemisphere, and up to 35% of the sunlight is also blocked in the Southern Hemisphere.
  • In the absence of warming sunlight, surface temperatures on Earth become as cold or colder than they were 18,000 years ago at the height of the last Ice Age
  • There would be rapid cooling of more than 20°C over large areas of North America and of more than 30°C over much of Eurasia, including all agricultural regions
  • 150 million tons of smoke in the stratosphere would cause minimum daily temperatures in the largest agricultural regions of the Northern Hemisphere to drop below freezing for 1 to 3 years. Nightly killing frosts would occur and prevent food from being grown.
  • Average global precipitation would be reduced by 45% due to the prolonged cold.
  • Growing seasons would be virtually eliminated for many years.
  • Massive destruction of the protective ozone layer would also occur, allowing intense levels of dangerous UV light to penetrate the atmosphere and reach the surface of the Earth.
  • Massive amounts of radioactive fallout would be generated and spread both locally and globally. The targeting of nuclear reactors would significantly increase fallout of long-lived isotopes.
  • Gigantic ground-hugging clouds of toxic smoke would be released from the fires; enormous quantities of industrial chemicals would also enter the environment.
  • It would be impossible for many living things to survive the extreme rapidity and degree of changes in temperature and precipitation, combined with drastic increases in UV light, massive radioactive fallout, and massive releases of toxins and industrial chemicals.
  • Already stressed land and marine ecosystems would collapse.
  • Unable to grow food, most humans would starve to death.
  • A mass extinction event would occur, similar to what happened 65 million years ago, when the dinosaurs were wiped out following a large asteroid impact with Earth (70% of species became extinct, including all animals greater than 25 kilograms in weight).
  • Even humans living in shelters equipped with many years worth of food, water, energy, and medical supplies would probably not survive in the hostile post-war environment.

http://www.nucleardarkness.org/warconsequences/hundredfiftytonessmoke/

4 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

Nuclear fallout versus -fake- global warming uh ? Who said Trump doesn't offer solutions to our problems ? 

I think it's Nuclear Winter ~vs~ Global Warming. 

If the bombs don't detonate in my backyard how can we having a nuclear war?  

(really, we need to have the Comic Sans font available for snark and other usage.)

23 hours ago, Mexal said:

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
'Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away.........

Archived