TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Medici is awfully boring, with bland characters and I couldn’t even tell you the plot now. I can’t imagine you liking it either. 

I also enjoyed TLK season 2 so my recs may not line up with yours...Wolf Hall, which I think I recommended before. Can’t recall if you watched it or not. It’s the same time period as the Tudors - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. It’s also a quick watch. 6 episodes I think.

The Crown is a bit sparse on any kind of gripping plot but worth watching for Foy’s performance and the production values alone. Also the portrayal of Churchill in season 1

Non historical fiction recommendations; Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency. Hilariously wacky and whimsical but doesn’t do so at the expense of having compelling characters and interesting plot 

The Expanse,

Oops, misread. But even so, I have not had an exam shorter than 2 hours in...well a very long time

:o 15 minute exam? The hell? Most of mine were three hours...

Oh great! Thanks for letting me know, this way I won’t waste my time on even one episode. 

Yeah, you guys have suggested wolf hall before, I just keep forgetting checking it out. 

The crown deals with an era too modern for my taste. My interest in history dies around 1600. I did try Dirk Gently, it murdered my brain. Not my cup of tea. 

Our exams were usually 90 minutes. Sometimes 60-120, but most of them were 90mins. 

10 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Ugh it doesn’t sound like you’re having a very pleasant time, you have my sympathies :grouphug:.

Ive not watched the last couple of episodes of Vikings, I’ve not had much time!.

I’m really looking forward to this new series Britiania though, people have compared it a bit to GoT but it’s set in Roman conquest era Britain and has a great cast, including the Emperor himself :D.

The trailers for Britannia havent been great but I’m still very interested by it. Great cast as you say, and very interesting era

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

You agree that I have no clue what you mean? :rofl: I suppose that’s only true, actually. 

I now agree with the habit of wearing skinny jeans. I bought two pairs yesterday and did not even think about other possibilities.

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I now agree with the habit of wearing skinny jeans. I bought two pairs yesterday and did not even think about other possibilities.

Well, you are only a rough 10 years late to the party :P I’m actually hunting mom jeans, it’s mission impossible, per se. Last weekend I tried on a pair, the style was great, it wasn’t ripped for a change and there was size 34. But then, size 34 wouldn’t come up my hips and there wasn’t a size 36. So I tried on another style, size 34. Perfect fit on the hips, 10cms loose around the waist. WHO are these things made for? The struggles of being skinny. 

3 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Well, you are only a rough 10 years late to the party :P I’m actually hunting mom jeans, it’s mission impossible, per se. Last weekend I tried on a pair, the style was great, it wasn’t ripped for a change and there was size 34. But then, size 34 wouldn’t come up my hips and there wasn’t a size 36. So I tried on another style, size 34. Perfect fit on the hips, 10cms loose around the waist. WHO are these things made for? The struggles of being skinny. 

No idea who the clothes are made for. But then I cannot comment on the struggles of being skinny, I am free of those, being a bit more on the round-ish side ... :leaving: 

I dislike ripped to, and any studs, glitter, or random seams anywhere. The plainer the better, when it comes to jeans.

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

No idea who the clothes are made for. But then I cannot comment on the struggles of being skinny, I am free of those, being a bit more on the round-ish side ... :leaving: 

I dislike ripped to, and any studs, glitter, or random seams anywhere. The plainer the better, when it comes to jeans.

Being skinny is a struggle. Shopping is only easy if one is the full average size 38. 

Jeans should be dark washed blue or black. Maybe liightwashed blue if that’s somebody’s preference. Everything else is either ugly or unpractical( or both). 

16 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

The trailers for Britannia havent been great but I’m still very interested by it. Great cast as you say, and very interesting era

The problem is it looks like they're going to make the Romans the bad guys. :( 

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Isn’t that kinda obvious if they are going with the perspective of the people of Britannia? Also, most shows and films portray the romans as the bad guys. :dunno: 

20 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

It’s one of my favourites eras of history too, Medieval history is so dull and bleak by comparison.

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

This is always the case when a great Empire expands to better the lives of the inhabitants,Galactic,Roman,British, all painted in a bad light when they did good.

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Isn’t that kinda obvious if they are going with the perspective of the people of Britannia? Also, most shows and films portray the romans as the bad guys. :dunno: 

I know! It's terrible! The Roman parts of Britain are the best parts tbh.

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

This is always the case when a great Empire expands to better the lives of the inhabitants,Galactic,Roman,British, all painted in a bad light when they did good.

Maybe the Emperor is just pretending to be a Britannian chief and is really the Emperor of the Romans. 

1 hour ago, felice said:

My thoughts exactly!

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Being skinny is a struggle. Shopping is only easy if one is the full average size 38. 

Jeans should be dark washed blue or black. Maybe liightwashed blue if that’s somebody’s preference. Everything else is either ugly or unpractical( or both). 

I am a 38 and sometimes the sizes are not available anymore because well, everybody is a 38 and wants that size.

You dislike colours? Red, pink, white jeans? The parts I bought yesterday are one blue, one grey. Actually I wanted a black one, but the washed out version was the only that fit me.

Archived