TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well technically, Jane is a telenovela parody. :P

Which candidates?

That’s exactly why I’m expecting it to be entertaining and light. 

We are looking for a new colleague. 

5 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, happy Prešeren's Day, spammers. :)

To you too :cheers: 

I’m so tired. And my sister hates me because she sent me her history essay for checking at 8pm and I replied to her at 10pm and then she bullied me into scoring it and I eventually gave in and did a very soft hearted scoring, specifying that I don’t even know what the exact task was. Then she sent me the exact task at 11.30pm and I was stupid stupid stupid enough to reply. And I was even stupider to be relatively honest and say that seeing the exact task description I would deduct another point or two, because this and this reason. And she got really mad because how nice of me to tell her now that her essay actually sucks. Which I didn’t say. I said it was an okay essay and a great starting point to get pro at essays for the final exam. But she doesn’t care, because I told her only now (1 minute after seeing the actual task at 11.30) that her essay is crap and now she has to rewrite it or she won’t even hand it in and seriously I would only give 15 points from 20 for this essay she worked on for three hours, like how dare I say her essay sucks. Oh the joys of sisterhood. 

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

This show is sooooooooo ridiculous.......

like at what point did they decide to fold it inside out and turn it into the exact opposite of what it started out as. I’m still waiting for the last straw.

And that’s it! No, not quite. But almost. 

Is this about Vikings?

Here is something about Jane for you ...

Spoiler

Am I the only one who thinks that what Jane did to Alba was terribly weird?

37 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Is this about Vikings?

Here is something about Jane for you ...

Reveal hidden contents

Am I the only one who thinks that what Jane did to Alba was terribly weird?

Nope, I finished what was out of Vikings. 

This is about Jane. 

Spoiler

You mean the sex shop?

Hello everyone! :) I’m in a very good and happy mood this morning, 7 glorious hours of uninterrupted sleep last night and it’s nice and sunny outside today, although quite cold.

Were going out for a walk soon then we’ve got lunch with some friends later who haven’t seen baby Sith yet and are all excited to meet her.

The only bad thing is when you’re going out for a day there is SO much stuff to remember to pack!.

46 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes, and slipping what was bought into Alba's work purse ... 

Spoiler

Yeah... no human being in their right mind would ever take their religious grandma to a sex shop, buy them stuff after they left AND hide it in their purse. It’s all kinds of wrong and gross and weird. 

Having said that, the show basically turned Alba into a 65-70 year old teenager these past 10-20 episodes. I’m not sure what kinda writing decision is behind her love affair adventures and club night and all that, but she drifted away from reality rather quickly. I’m also not sure why the only kind of storyline is a love story that a 70 year old grandmother can have (or if that’s what they opt for why can’t it be kept cute and traditional and faithful to alba’s Season 1-2 character) 

so much rant wasted on this stupid show. 

@Lord Sidious that sounds like a lot of fun! Hope the baby sith will enjoy a day outside in the galaxy. Also glad to hear you finally slept through the night. 

20 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:
  Hide contents

Yeah... no human being in their right mind would ever take their religious grandma to a sex shop, buy them stuff after they left AND hide it in their purse. It’s all kinds of wrong and gross and weird. 

Having said that, the show basically turned Alba into a 65-70 year old teenager these past 10-20 episodes. I’m not sure what kinda writing decision is behind her love affair adventures and club night and all that, but she drifted away from reality rather quickly. I’m also not sure why the only kind of storyline is a love story that a 70 year old grandmother can have (or if that’s what they opt for why can’t it be kept cute and traditional and faithful to alba’s Season 1-2 character) 

@Lord Sidious that sounds like a lot of fun! Hope the baby sith will enjoy a day outside in the galaxy. Also glad to hear you finally slept through the night. 

Yes it will be fun!, and it was SO nice having a good sleep, she did wake once but my partner went and settled her.

I’m in a really good mood today :D.

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I like Alba and I am not against her having her own storyline, but I think making her have an online dating profile and buying her a toy like that were both wrong decisions.

Also, doesn't Jane have a teaching degree? Why is she still working at the hotel? (Note: I don't trust all this "writer" business at all.)

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:
  Hide contents

I like Alba and I am not against her having her own storyline, but I think making her have an online dating profile and buying her a toy like that were both wrong decisions.

Also, doesn't Jane have a teaching degree? Why is she still working at the hotel? (Note: I don't trust all this "writer" business at all.)

Spoiler

No, it’s good that Alba has her own storyline. I just think she should have been given an age appropriate storyline instead of a teenager storyline. 

As for the hotel, it makes it easier to keep everybody together, I think. 

I’m also missing Darcy, where is she when Rogelio and his man post partum depression needs shutting down?

55 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:
  Hide contents

No, it’s good that Alba has her own storyline. I just think she should have been given an age appropriate storyline instead of a teenager storyline. 

As for the hotel, it makes it easier to keep everybody together, I think. 

I’m also missing Darcy, where is she when Rogelio and his man post partum depression needs shutting down?

Spoiler

Agree about Alba. And I guess about the hotel. Although it really isn't relevant right now. Jane is going to be coming over to listen to Petra and discuss their book now, and to visit and such. She could get a job she worked for - as far as I remember, her work at the hotel was supposed to be something to get her through uni.

I don't miss Darcy because I find her and Rogelio's arguments annoying, but yes, Rogelio needs shutting down. And not just about man post partum depression nonsense.

I started watching The Magicians the other day. I suffered through the first few episodes and am now kinda enjoying it. The main guy character and his childhood friend really annoy me. But I think they are meant to. Maybe. 

Had a craving for eggplant and so made eggplant parm. We shall see if the menfolk will eat it. 

1 hour ago, Lady Olenna said:

I started watching The Magicians the other day. I suffered through the first few episodes and am now kinda enjoying it. The main guy character and his childhood friend really annoy me. But I think they are meant to. Maybe. 

Had a craving for eggplant and so made eggplant parm. We shall see if the menfolk will eat it. 

Moussaka is always good

Archived