TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

On 10/03/2018 at 1:02 PM, Jez Bell said:

Hola!  I brought spam cookies!  Yummy.

I will start with a joke that totally bombed on another thread... they are all dead to me :P

What do you call a Dothraki who rides a kraken instead of a horse?...

... Khal Amari.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist posting this in reply.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I watched the latest episode of Jane and came to the decision that I’m letting it go. This is still the point where the show is okay enough to let it go with positive feelings. I have never been attached enough to Jane to wait for its ultimate demise like I’m doing with GoT (I can’t let that go for the life of me, no matter how bad it gets), so I’m saying goodbye.

Wait ... why now? I don't see how it would be getting any worse than it was right now. I could have understood quitting in the middle of season 3, though.

On ‎11‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 4:59 PM, RhaenysBee said:

The force is strong with her, what do you expect? :D glad to hear you had a nice Mother’s Day! Hope baby sith gets well soon. 

This made me panic and wonder if I'd completely forgotten Mother's Day. But I looked it up and the Dutch Mother's Day isn't until May, fortunately :P 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Wait ... why now? I don't see how it would be getting any worse than it was right now. I could have understood quitting in the middle of season 3, though.

We have reached the point where we achieved everything we could have wished for in episode one.

Spoiler

Jane is a writer, she is with Rafael, she had a love story fulfilled both with him and Michael, Mateo has a whole family, Xiomara is with Rogelio, Rafael learned humility, Petra schemed herself to a ceo chair. And Jane lost her virginity. What else could possibly happen that has to do with the fundamental story? It’s just random, forced spinoffs and twists for the sake going on from here. 

From this point on, comes the actual telenovella, when they start creating “conflicts” in the story just so they can keep the show going. There’s nothing going on that I could still possibly want an answer to. I have no motivation to keep watching. 

Spoiler

I mean I don’t care about Rafael’s parentage, Petra had more legal troubles than suit shorts already and the hotel changed owner more frequently than I change my underwear. None of this sparks the least bit of interest in me. 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

This made me panic and wonder if I'd completely forgotten Mother's Day. But I looked it up and the Dutch Mother's Day isn't until May, fortunately :P 

Yeah, same here, it was UK Mother’s Day I think. Or maybe US too? 

Oh, and the end of Alias Grace was unsatisfactory and creepy AF. Jeeeeesus. (But hats off to them for putting fake wrinkles and some grey hair on Sarah Gadon. A great example Vikings would do well to follow.)

13 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I watched the latest episode of Jane and came to the decision that I’m letting it go. This is still the point where the show is okay enough to let it go with positive feelings. I have never been attached enough to Jane to wait for its ultimate demise like I’m doing with GoT (I can’t let that go for the life of me, no matter how bad it gets), so I’m saying goodbye. 

Instead I’ve been watching Alias Grace which is really interesting and not lacking in much missed subtlety. 

Alias Grace was good for like 3 episodes and I hated the ending (sorry if spoilers). 

I am here to wish @ab aeterno a very happy birthday :cheers: 

i had an awesome birthday - Lil O took me to lunch with his gift card - we had happy meals :lol: 

The boys took me out for dinner as well and just had a very peaceful day :) which is exactly what I wanted. 

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Alias Grace was good for like 3 episodes and I hated the ending (sorry if spoilers). 

i had an awesome birthday - Lil O took me to lunch with his gift card - we had happy meals :lol: 

The boys took me out for dinner as well and just had a very peaceful day :) which is exactly what I wanted. 

No spoilers I wasted away yesterday evening watching the last three episodes... it was not worth it... 

Spoiler

To this point I’m not sure about the hypnosis scene. Jeremiah was a fraud after all, hypnosis doesn’t just work like that. Also, it was so confusing that he would go there, perform his tricks and leave while grace rots away in that institution for another decade. Like what was the point? And it was really annoying that there was no closure about dr Jordan... and I hated that she stayed with Jamie Walsh who became a creep himself. And, we never ever found out what really happened. It was so weird...

That’s the sweetest thing of Lil O. Glad to hear you had a lovely BDay! 

Also, what’s the gift in happy meal these days?

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

No spoilers I wasted away yesterday evening watching the last three episodes... it was not worth it... 

Reveal hidden contents

To this point I’m not sure about the hypnosis scene. Jeremiah was a fraud after all, hypnosis doesn’t just work like that. Also, it was so confusing that he would go there, perform his tricks and leave while grace rots away in that institution for another decade. Like what was the point? And it was really annoying that there was no closure about dr Jordan... and I hated that she stayed with Jamie Walsh who became a creep himself. And, we never ever found out what really happened. It was so weird...

That’s the sweetest thing of Lil O. Glad to hear you had a lovely BDay! 

Also, what’s the gift in happy meal these days?

I was actually angry when I finished the series for the reasons you listed. It’s like reading a book all the way through because you’re waiting for it to make sense and connect loose endings and then it doesn’t. 

Have you watched The Alienist? I’m enjoying it so far. 

Our toy was a snoopy toy that was pretty cool. It was just nice to have a day with my lil guy all alone. 

I have entered the stage of pregnancy in which I retain massive amounts of water. My weight fluctuates by 5 lbs daily and my poor little shoes hardly fit :(

19 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Oh, hey @Lady Olenna Happy Belated Birthday!c 

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I was actually angry when I finished the series for the reasons you listed. It’s like reading a book all the way through because you’re waiting for it to make sense and connect loose endings and then it doesn’t. 

Have you watched The Alienist? I’m enjoying it so far. 

Our toy was a snoopy toy that was pretty cool. It was just nice to have a day with my lil guy all alone. 

I have entered the stage of pregnancy in which I retain massive amounts of water. My weight fluctuates by 5 lbs daily and my poor little shoes hardly fit :(

Yeah, I totally agree. I mean I wasn’t particularly angry, just creeped out and annoyed that I spent the evening on not finding out what happened. 

Yes, the first two episodes fell a little flat with me, but it picked up quite quickly and now I’m pretty much hooked. I’m a couple episodes behind, but I’m really enjoying it. 

Aw, nice. I loved snoopy as a kid. 

Sorry about the water. Hope you don’t get too uncomfortable. :grouphug:

eta: oh and happy belated bday to ab too! 

47 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yay for you! I work tomorrow afternoon still. But luckily not on Friday. Do you have a holiday in your country the next few days?

Yeah, memorial day of a revolution. All our non-religious holidays are commemorations of a failed rebellion. How very greyjoy of us. 

This spring is kind to us because we have 15 March, then Easter, then Labor Day (THAT’s the one bank holiday related to neither religion nor rebellion!) then we have Pentecost. Basically we don’t go longer than a month without a long weekend. *.* 

30 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yeah, memorial day of a revolution. All our non-religious holidays are commemorations of a failed rebellion. How very greyjoy of us. 

This spring is kind to us because we have 15 March, then Easter, then Labor Day (THAT’s the one bank holiday related to neither religion nor rebellion!) then we have Pentecost. Basically we don’t go longer than a month without a long weekend. *.* 

We have Easter Monday and then 27th April and Labour day, which is really two days. No Pentecost though.

I don't think we have any holiday celebrating a failed rebellion though.

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

We have Easter Monday and then 27th April and Labour day, which is really two days. No Pentecost though.

I don't think we have any holiday celebrating a failed rebellion though.

We have the Friday before Easter too, and have a couple extra days off at Easter as well. 

Yeah, I suppose most nations celebrate successful rebellions? :dunno: 

I was delivered a lot of packages today. Got my new tablet and phone cases, which are nice enough and two perfume oils as well. That was an unsuccessful venture, both smell horrible, I’m never going to use them. Not sure why I thought these Ayurvedic concoctions would work for me, they never have. But I’m still on the hunt for a musk scented essential oil. I used to have one like ten years ago, which I used in some craft project and it smelled divine. I want that smell in my house. 

Why don’t these cursed college kids go home for the long weekend? I need ear plugs, I badly need ear plugs. 

Archived