TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

We didn't really have successful rebellions to celebrate ... we mostly celebrate the independence and cultural achievements.

Hopeflly the students are going to leave for home!

Unsucessful Rebellions are the best kind, it means they were crushed :D.

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: yeah, some people have a special fondness for crushing rebellions, don’t they? 

Me! Me! Me! I love nothing more than crushing rebellions, especially if it involves frying rebels with force lightning, except maybe hop hops, now I’m conflicted as to which is better :(.

Well good morning people.yeah, I know it’s past 3pm... I’ve been being a teenager so far staying in bed and browsing the net and eating muffins for breakfast and lunch, now it’s time to do some actual adulting and salvage what’s left of this day. The one reason I don’t feel too bad about slacking off like this is that it’s pouring rain outside and have an entire weekend still ahead of me. But damn, I need to stop wasting away days, even if it’s only once every six months. I’m too old for it. 

Sure, that’s why it’s a bad idea to waste away potential downtime. I mean what I was doing wasn’t even enjoyable or anything, I was just being plainly lazy. I still am. Trying to bully myself into cleaning but it’s been two hours and I’m done with my bedroom and my bathroom and that’s about it. 

I had the most fantastic idea, actually. I’m going to paint the side of the kitchen and add a couple little shelves to store drinks (not that I drink all that much, but it’s going to look great). Actually I have to ask a smart man first, if this is even possible. I mean, will it hold? If not, I can still go for the chalk paint, but I have to skip the drink part. 

I should put out a job ad.

Smart man wanted for home decor consulting (and potential other career prospects)

requirements: university degree in engineering, no smoking (indoor workspace), large biceps (to lift heavy furniture), experience in drilling (bookshelves), driver’s license, automobile

we offer: opportunity for long term cooperation, during probation period: lunch tickets, clean and pleasant work environment, competitive salary, free parking. After probation period: non financial compensation package, laundry tickets, housing benefits. 

Oh boy... :leaving: What is the matter with my mind today?  

Well, my mind seems to be trying to make it up to me, because I'm having a ridiculously inspired evening. 

I'm getting the most insane home decore ideas, I figured out what kind of haircut I want, the only thing I'm still stuck on is finding artwork I like to hang on the walls.

I have a loose concept about what I want for the kitchen (two 40x50 botanical / food prints of watercolor artwork, fruits or herbs preferably or six 20x25 of the same) and I have an even looser concept for the living room (three 50x70 pictures, I really like those adjoining ones, when it's one picture but sectioned into three separate canvases) and a non existent concept for the dining area (a couple of some smaller kinda something...?). I more or less have the guest room sorted because it's the smallest and easiest room to decorate, I just need to get it done. For the hall, I want one of those letter / message board /key holder thingies but the ones I've found are all too large for the wall space, I have one random ikea print for the closet, and I have one of my bedroom walls figured out (but I do need all the pictures for that which is going to be a very expensive etsy visit). For the other wall, the jury is still out on a potential faux mantel. 

Do you want to hear my houseplant plans as well? I think not :lol:  There aren't too many possibilities because this is not the lightest place in the world. I do however want to reuse my empty candle jars and plant succulents or cacti in them for windowsills and a greenery tray for the coffeetable. 

Okay, I'll shut up and watch a show or something. 

I watched the first episode of ACS Versace. It was interesting though not captivating. The casting is flawless, Penelope Cruz is a genius and Edgar Ramirez looks sooooo sooooo much like the real Gianni did, it’s frightening. I’m looking forward to seeing a little more police work done, it was the legal case that bought me in the previous installment too. 

I did some cosmetics shopping damage and now I’m poisoning myself with a matcha Frappuccino.

how are you all? 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I don’t know if I’m being hormonal or not, but like, what do some people think of themselves? 

No one is 100% secure in themselves all the time, anyone who says they are is lying.

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

No one is 100% secure in themselves all the time, anyone who says they are is lying.

So where does that leave me? I’m right to assume that some people in my life need to get a grip and stop thinking they are the center of the world and I’m their errand person? Or I should get a grip and give people the benefit of doubt because I only see them this way because I’m hormonal? :dunno: 

I’m watching Mulan 2. Very interesting little movie but kinda on the enjoyable side. I’m very tolerant with movies today. 

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

So where does that leave me? I’m right to assume that some people in my life need to get a grip and stop thinking they are the center of the world and I’m their errand person? Or I should get a grip and give people the benefit of doubt because I only see them this way because I’m hormonal? :dunno: 

I’m watching Mulan 2. Very interesting little movie but kinda on the enjoyable side. I’m very tolerant with movies today. 

I’d say option 1 but then we can all be hormonal sometimes!, just try and relax about things and enjoy the rest of your weekend :).

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’d say option 1 but then we can all be hormonal sometimes!, just try and relax about things and enjoy the rest of your weekend :).

Thanks :) Yeah, I let it all go yesterday. I watched three Disney movies and had a lovely sleep. And this morning I went for a walk because we are snowed in and it’s soooooo pretty (though rather absurd). How is your weekend going? Baby sith destroying stars already?

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Thanks :) Yeah, I let it all go yesterday. I watched three Disney movies and had a lovely sleep. And this morning I went for a walk because we are snowed in and it’s soooooo pretty (though rather absurd). How is your weekend going? Baby sith destroying stars already?

I’m glad you’re feeling better :), we were going to go for a walk today but decided it’s too cold so I went to the gym for a bit.

Baby Sith was very unsettled on Friday so I didn’t get much sleep and yesterday wasn’t that good but last night she slept well and so did I so I’m feeling much better today, not quite destroying stars yet but managing to force choke some soft toys :P.

Also, weather up here was awful this weekend. It snowed a bit (nothing massive, it didn't lie too deeply). But the wind made everything 10x worse and trying to walk was terrible. Of course the pups love the snow and whimper at the window whenever the snow starts falling :rolleyes: And yet when it rains they don't even like going outside for 2 minutes to clean themselves. Dogs are such funny animals.

They have currently buried themselves under a pile of cushions, duvets and bedding that I'm in the process of sorting out of the big cupboard. I think they may be nesting :P

Archived