TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks. Maybe somebody else can do it at the time they want.

Well, the thing is, if I wanted something from inside this country, I would just go ahead and buy it in a physical store and not think at all about online shopping. :P I wanted to order some DVDs. I tried with the supernatural entity's adress too, but the shipping did not cost any lower there either.

A family member also wanted to order some books, but amazon said that shipping would cost 33 € for the one book that was in stock, which was just ... we didn't order it. I read up on the shipping costs, and none of the costs amazon listed matched with what it said we must pay during the payment process. Just weird and evil.

How long is your hair? I always feel weird after a haircut, because there is stuff missing when there should be hair.

Well, I don’t usually have the time to travel across the city to some obscure physical store, or to spend hours in a shopping center for a limited time sale, so I often opt for online shopping even when the store is physically present in my country/city. Lot of shops are only present online, too. 

Well that’s truly ridiculous... I don’t think I’ve paid more than £20ish for shopping on amazon, and that was a lot of stuff. For an average order it’s usually around £6-7 and that’s still within the reasonable range for something I couldn’t get otherwise. 

That’s hard to say. I had quite a bit chopped off, it’s kinda what Google weirdly describes as armpit long...? 15 inches or so?

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

That’s hard to say. I had quite a bit chopped off, it’s kinda what Google weirdly describes as armpit long...? 15 inches or so?

:eek: That is quite a lot to cut off, mine is about 3/4 of the way down my back and I can’t ever bring myself to get much taken off it, I know it can be annoying sometimes but I love my hair.

38 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

:eek: That is quite a lot to cut off, mine is about 3/4 of the way down my back and I can’t ever bring myself to get much taken off it, I know it can be annoying sometimes but I love my hair.

I may have been ambiguous. My hair is 15 inches long now, that’s not the amount that was cut off. My longest layer was about waist length, I had like 5 inches cut off that part and about 2 inches off the front part. 

21 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

A family member also wanted to order some books, but amazon said that shipping would cost 33 € for the one book that was in stock, which was just ... we didn't order it.

Have you tried Book Depository? It's owned by Amazon, but somehow they offer both cheap books and free international shipping.

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well, I don’t usually have the time to travel across the city to some obscure physical store, or to spend hours in a shopping center for a limited time sale, so I often opt for online shopping even when the store is physically present in my country/city. Lot of shops are only present online, too. 

Well that’s truly ridiculous... I don’t think I’ve paid more than £20ish for shopping on amazon, and that was a lot of stuff. For an average order it’s usually around £6-7 and that’s still within the reasonable range for something I couldn’t get otherwise. 

Well, we also have vastly different shopping habits apparently. :P I generally don't want to go to some obscure physical store. If I need something, I find a store that is conveniently placed, go there, and choose from what they have.

Obviously it is different with books. I mostly borrow them from libraries, especially study books.

@felice might be onto something with her idea.

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I very much agree with this. My hair now reaches my hips, the longest hairs are even to my bum. And I can't make myself to have it cut, though I have thought about doing it several times.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I very much agree with this. My hair now reaches my hips, the longest hairs are even to my bum. And I can't make myself to have it cut, though I have thought about doing it several times.

Jesus, you could donate that like 3 times and still have normal length hair.

I really want super long hair too (well, not bum length, but lower back sounds like a deal), but it won’t grow past a certain length at which it starts breaking and I always end up having it cut back.

But I’m actually enjoying its current length more than I thought I would. In fact, I’m a little bummed that I didn’t have the layers taken out, I could have just gone for a blunt mid-length cut or even a slight lob. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I am selfish. This hair is mine. I am not giving it to anybody. :P

Also, it has split ends and everything, but I just don't go to the hairdresser, although it would probably help. :leaving:

But... why? :dunno:  I mean I understand you want to keep the length, but refreshing it every now and again does nothing but help its growth. 

I’m currently bored on the train and I’m thinking about how much more I should have had cut off. It could totally be another 2 inches shorter. Oh well. 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

But... why? :dunno:  I mean I understand you want to keep the length, but refreshing it every now and again does nothing but help its growth. 

I’m currently bored on the train and I’m thinking about how much more I should have had cut off. It could totally be another 2 inches shorter. Oh well. 

Do you have silver hair?, I will be kind of disappointed if you don’t :P.

Happy Weekend y'all!

I have been meaning to highlight and cut my hair for like a year now.  I really need to do it now since this pregnancy has tripled my gray hair :o 

Started watching Crazy Ex GF (avoided it now for 3 seasons but gave in last week) and omg the CA jokes and references are hilarious. Much better than anticipated.

Happy Mother's Day, spammers.

Stupid daylight saving time switch stole an hour of sleep! Why can't it steal an hour of work?

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

I have been meaning to highlight and cut my hair for like a year now.  I really need to do it now since this pregnancy has tripled my gray hair :o 

What colour are you planning to choose?

3 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Started watching Crazy Ex GF (avoided it now for 3 seasons but gave in last week) and omg the CA jokes and references are hilarious. Much better than anticipated.

Weeeeee, a convert! :P Oh, you used to live in California, right? Have you ever visited West Covina?

12 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Do you have silver hair?, I will be kind of disappointed if you don’t :P.

Nope, sorry to disappoint :lol: 

Mother’s Day over there? Wow. How many mother’s days are there? :o it seems so impractical to celebrate mothers on different days in the world. I would have just one international mother’s day.

13 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Mother’s Day over there? Wow. How many mother’s days are there? :o it seems so impractical to celebrate mothers on different days in the world. I would have just one international mother’s day.

Yes. Everybody should do it on 25th March, as is only right. :P

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Happy Weekend y'all!

WEST COVINNAAA!

25 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes. Everybody should do it on 25th March, as is only right. :P

:lol: we do it on the first Sunday of May, which moves around a little every year so I’d be down to a fixed date. 

Dear lord, I need to clean out my cosmetics pouch, it’s unduly disgusting. 

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Happy Mother's Day, spammers.

Stupid daylight saving time switch stole an hour of sleep! Why can't it steal an hour of work?

What colour are you planning to choose?

Weeeeee, a convert! :P Oh, you used to live in California, right? Have you ever visited West Covina?

Probably just blonde highlights. Minimal at best just to cover up these wild grays. 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

WEST COVINNAAA!

:lol: 

West Covina is it’s own special place. They represent it pretty well which is why the satire is so funny. The musical stuff used to get on my nerves but then they did the Music Man when she was finding clients in joshs apartments and that got me good. That and the heavy boobs number. Definitely enjoying it more than I expected. 

Archived