TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

8 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

If you’re having Mulan included then Meg seems fine imo

Sure Nala was a princess. Did you see any other lions around in the Pride except Mufasa? :) Simba and Nala are half-siblings

A llama? He’s supposed to be dead!

That’s actually a fair point. Geee, they are like Jaime and Cersei.  Wow. The things one doesn’t think through :lol: 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Star wars may be owned by Disney, but that doesn’t make Leia a Disney princess. She is a Star Wars universe character. Besides, the same logic would put Padme Amidala on the list as well.  It makes no sense to include Star Wars, that should be a separate EG. best Star Wars female character or something. 

I agree to stick with animated characters. 

She might be a Star Wars universe character, but she is Still a Disney Princess.   I will fight anyone to the death to defend Leia's Disney Princess status.     Not sure Padme would count as one since she was an elected Queen for 2 terms.  Don't think she was ever a princess, but I'm really not sure how that works  presumably on Naboo Queen is the name they use for President and they use the US rules since their constitution only allows Queens to serve 2 terms even if they can be elected Queen at 14.  I also wonder if Padme was a boy not a girl would he still be called Queen if elected?   Oh and how the hell did a 14 year old get to be elected ruler of a world should they not still be in school?  sounds like a scary recipe for disaster if you ask me. although all things considered I guess they could of elected an old reality TV star with an over inflated ego, prone to temper tantums and a really bad comb over.  so I guess they got lucky.

However for elimination games I do agree that it makes little sense to include Disney Princess Leia and anyone else from an Disney Acquired company (eg Star Wars, Fox, Marvel)     Disney-Pixar counts as that was created in partnership with Disney.

20 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Thanks for the thread and the chat link, my old didn't work anymore.

ETA: New one doesn't work either? Leads to me an empty gray Discord page.

12 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Thanks for the thread and the chat link, my old didn't work anymore.

ETA: New one doesn't work either? Leads to me an empty gray Discord page.

It should load discord after that. What browser are you using?

1 hour ago, Pebble said:

She might be a Star Wars universe character, but she is Still a Disney Princess.   I will fight anyone to the death to defend Leia's Disney Princess status.     Not sure Padme would count as one since she was an elected Queen for 2 terms.  Don't think she was ever a princess, but I'm really not sure how that works  presumably on Naboo Queen is the name they use for President and they use the US rules since their constitution only allows Queens to serve 2 terms even if they can be elected Queen at 14.  I also wonder if Padme was a boy not a girl would he still be called Queen if elected?   Oh and how the hell did a 14 year old get to be elected ruler of a world should they not still be in school?  sounds like a scary recipe for disaster if you ask me. although all things considered I guess they could of elected an old reality TV star with an over inflated ego, prone to temper tantums and a really bad comb over.  so I guess they got lucky.

However for elimination games I do agree that it makes little sense to include Disney Princess Leia and anyone else from an Disney Acquired company (eg Star Wars, Fox, Marvel)     Disney-Pixar counts as that was created in partnership with Disney.

Leia’s adopted father was Bail organa who was to my best knowledge a senator.  Her birth mother also was a senator and her biological father was a Jedi. Never understood how the heck Leia came to the title Princess to begin with. In any case, a Disney princess is a 2D female character created by Walt Disney studios who was born to a king or other ruler or came to be a princess. Leia was created by Lucas Film and portrayed by a flesh and blood actress and I’m not even sure bail organa was a king or anything like that of Alderaan. Leia is not a Disney princess. 

1 hour ago, Pebble said:

Oh I am still looking for a replacement to describe a pictionary picture.

please can someone vollunteer?

I will describe for you if you still need a replacement

I have no idea how star wars Princess titles work either.

But she is a Disney Princess cos she has the title princess and is owned by Disney.    she might not be a traditional one under the original description but she is now a disney owned Princess.    She is also both a 3D flesh actor and a 2D animation.

I don't know maybe as she was only fostered by Bail Organa and not adopted and is a Princess cos at one point her Mum was a queen (even if by that point was no longer a queen but a senator)   I mean it makes about as much sense of keeping her Identity a secret as keeping Luke's last name as Skywalker and giving him to his step Uncle to look after.

Or maybe Bail was a King /Queen  former king / Queen and a Senetor    or maybe Star Wars royalty don't make any logical sense.

Thanks for offering to describe, but I've just been sent the sentence. so no need now.

5 hours ago, Pebble said:

Now that Disney owns Star Wars,and being Dark Lord of the Sith is definately a prestigious title on par with other royalty I’m voting for Darth Zannah as my favourite Disney Princess.

Also to add, I’m with Pebble- Leia counts.

9 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Explorer? You deserve all the scorn we can heal on you :P 

I’m beginning to question my apprentices ability, everyone knows you shouldn’t use Explorer. I like Firefox best.

11 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m beginning to question my apprentices ability, everyone knows you shouldn’t use Explorer. I like Firefox best.

I generally prefer Firefox, but the recent major update broke the Tabmix Plus add-on, which is a real downer (it lets you have multiple rows of tabs instead of a single sideways-scrolling row, amongst other things).

Archived