TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

@Lady Olenna isn’t it usual to have a larger bump and have it show earlier with a second pregnancy? Because your uterus already knows its job and expands quicker and better to house the little inmate? 

Pffff :stillsick: so sick coworkers, public transport, flu season, stress and tiredness finally joined forces to overpower me, it appears.  Whatever I’m coming down with, I hope it passes soon.

14 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

She has a long way to go before she will overthrow me.

Yes, I try to get in little naps in the daytime, I feel pretty drained though, tell me it gets better :P.

It does. It takes a while but you find your groove. 

My lil guy was born teething. We had no idea, doctors had no idea and the lactation consultant was absolutely useless trying to figure out why he wasn’t latching properly. So this poor tiny baby that was screaming non stop for 3 months was in pain and nobody knew why! No wonder he couldn’t latch. I did not think I was going to survive those first 3 months and I felt like such a failure. Of course at 3 months these little bottom teeth poked through and I realized why he was crying all the time. It got better from there. So it does get better! Just try to take care of yourself when you can and rest as much as you can! All the chores and work can wait. 

And you won’t have to lug around a 100’lb baby bag forever either. That was one thing I wasn’t prepared for - all the stuff you have to pack every time you leave the house! 

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

@Lady Olenna isn’t it usual to have a larger bump and have it show earlier with a second pregnancy? Because your uterus already knows its job and expands quicker and better to house the little inmate? 

Pffff :stillsick: so sick coworkers, public transport, flu season, stress and tiredness finally joined forces to overpower me, it appears.  Whatever I’m coming down with, I hope it passes soon.

You are quite correct - second time round you do get bigger faster but it’s not me that has the very round belly (well it is, but I was referring to the Lil rose). She has this big round belly :lol: it looks like a tiny basketball in the ultrasound. Which is strange because I don’t eat that much and I haven’t really gained weight. I’m not sure where her belly is coming from.

i really hope you’re not coming down with something :( Hot water with lemon, ginger and honey did wonders for me when I took ill over Christmas. Hope you’re feeling better by the time you read this.  *hugs* 

15 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

It does :)

That’s good to know, I wouldn’t change a thing for the world she’s amazing but wouldn’t say no to a bit more sleep!.

11 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

:grouphug: get better Rhae, hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

It does. It takes a while but you find your groove. 

My lil guy was born teething. We had no idea, doctors had no idea and the lactation consultant was absolutely useless trying to figure out why he wasn’t latching properly. So this poor tiny baby that was screaming non stop for 3 months was in pain and nobody knew why! No wonder he couldn’t latch. I did not think I was going to survive those first 3 months and I felt like such a failure. Of course at 3 months these little bottom teeth poked through and I realized why he was crying all the time. It got better from there. So it does get better! Just try to take care of yourself when you can and rest as much as you can! All the chores and work can wait. 

And you won’t have to lug around a 100’lb baby bag forever either. That was one thing I wasn’t prepared for - all the stuff you have to pack every time you leave the house! 

You are quite correct - second time round you do get bigger faster but it’s not me that has the very round belly (well it is, but I was referring to the Lil rose). She has this big round belly :lol: it looks like a tiny basketball in the ultrasound. Which is strange because I don’t eat that much and I haven’t really gained weight. I’m not sure where her belly is coming from.

i really hope you’re not coming down with something :( Hot water with lemon, ginger and honey did wonders for me when I took ill over Christmas. Hope you’re feeling better by the time you read this.  *hugs* 

Aw poor lil guy :(, baby Sith hasn’t been too bad really, this last week she has gotten into the habit of waking up around 4 am though and wants a feed.

I’ve probably been pressuring myself too much to try and get things back to normal as much as possible, my partner is off work at the moment so I’ve left some of the household things I usually do to her although I did all our laundry this week and I’ve started to get back into exercising too, mostly because I enjoy it but think I might put it off a few days and try and repay some of that sleep debt where I get the chance!.

Tell me about it with all the stuff you need!, where there’s somewhere that I’d walk/cycle to before,now I automatically just drive, we’ve got a big SUV so it’s easier to throw all the stuff in the back, when you inevitably forget something it’s only a quick trip out to the car!.

Leaving the house feels like planning a military operation these days :).

13 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Oh, okay, I totally misunderstood your previous post. :lol: well, she’ll work it off once she is out, right? Baby bellies are one of the cutest things in the world *.*

Thanks, I’m not worse, actually. I’m loading myself with vitamin c and green / ginger tea, so I’m hoping that helps. I can’t really sleep it off because I have stuff to do this weekend. That sucks but I’m hoping I’ll be okay by Monday. 

Thanks to @Lord SidiousToo. And well, what do you expect. The baby will one day rule an entire galaxy, of course she’ll need at least half of it to go out.

I did a little shopping. I had to get a birthday present for my mother and if I was there I was gonna salvage what was left of the January sales. I miraculously found a pair of mom jeans that look good on me and a short trench coat style jacket and... not even sure what else... a jumper and a T-shirt? And a dress too which I may or may not end up wearing. Sizing is weird. I tried to get some high waisted skinny jeans (for a reasonable price) and well... h&m is just a bad joke. Like how can a pair of skinny jeans be loose on my calves while it’s so tight on the hips I can barely get it on and I can’t sit down in it? And if I go a size up it’s 2-3 inches loose in the waist and I can fit two legs in one below the knees. Well whatever, at least I didn’t spend a lot. 

And now I’m going home and taking buzzfeed quizzes to find out which underrated European city you should live in. And well, at least I don’t have to move, because I already live here, thanks for the effort buzzfeed. 

Can we extend this weekend with a couple more days and just sleep? 

38 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Boo

Baa!

I swear I will just disregard the alarm one of these days and sleep on.

Also ...

Spoiler

Free will's an illusion, morality's too ... so it's not my fault that my parents messed me up ...

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Baa!

I swear I will just disregard the alarm one of these days and sleep on.

Also ...

Reveal hidden contents

Free will's an illusion, morality's too ... so it's not my fault that my parents messed me up ...

I’m counting the days back till March. 

I have a crap ton of stuff to deal with this week. But then March will come and I’ll be off work a lot because of travels and long weekends. That’ll be most welcome, because January and February have been quite draining. :stillsick: 

I've missed too much.  

Hugs for babies, babies in bellies, people with the flu, those loving Crazy Ex, those who have not yet listened to "A Very Fatal Murder" podcast, those having a really amazing time travelling.

Not time travelling.  That's something different.

:) 

This is one of those weird days when the internet thinks it’s 2008 so you can’t quite get work done and just watch the heavy snowfall through the window and listen to a Disney playlist on spotify and makes plans for how you are going to slack off in the afternoon... 

You know what I absolutely love? Being able to use some of the knowledge and resources that you have already studied for a new paper and building on that, and expanding. And not just because I am lazy. I mean, yes, obviously because I am lazy. But also because this is so my favourite topic in literature theory and it makes me so happy, like glitter is exploding inside me. I want to build my knowledge into this direction, always.

Intertextuality, baby! :commie::commie::commie: My user title on here is still valid! :commie::commie::commie:

18 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

You know what I absolutely love? Being able to use some of the knowledge and resources that you have already studied for a new paper and building on that, and expanding. And not just because I am lazy. I mean, yes, obviously because I am lazy. But also because this is so my favourite topic in literature theory and it makes me so happy, like glitter is exploding inside me. I want to build my knowledge into this direction, always.

Intertextuality, baby! :commie::commie::commie: My user title on here is still valid! :commie::commie::commie:

:D I’ve never seen anybody so happy to write a paper. Seriously, I’m glad you found an area of expertise you love. That’s pretty important for everybody. :cheers: 

12 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

:D I’ve never seen anybody so happy to write a paper. Seriously, I’m glad you found an area of expertise you love. That’s pretty important for everybody. :cheers: 

It was just momentary. I am sure it will pass when I actually see how much work it is.

:read:

Sweet :) What topic is it?

5 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Sweet :) What topic is it?

Intertextuality! :read:

Also, I have been meaning to tell you actually, CXG has a character called Tim who sings a song in the style of Les Miserables. If that is not right up your alley, then I don't know what is. :P

Intertextuality! :read:

Also, I have been meaning to tell you actually, CXG has a character called Tim who sings a song in the style of Les Miserables. If that is not right up your alley, then I don't know what is. :P

Oh, I misread your first post then. But cool!

Awesome! :D Just last week me and a friend recorded ourselves singing the entirety of Red and Black. We were drunk and it sounds absolutely horrendous, though :P 

Archived