TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am wondering which version of Disney Helena is watching that apparently includes songs about mucus plugs in one's cervix, placentas, and rings of fire as metaphors for the torture of birth.

That obviously cropped up in the break. But he whole previous page was dedicated to Hunkules. 

Edit; placentas and mucus plugs would be a kind of prequel to that I guess, given Herc is newborn at the start. So we miss out on the miracle of birth

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

I realized recently that I miss old people. @dreamcatcher @Silver Spearwife @Lady Sansa Stark @Saint Arya @ all the other people whose usernames won't come up when I type @. Apparently I don't miss any guys... Well, I did want to tag Ther and KC but I don't seem to be able to. 

Are you getting sentimental in your old age? :P.

Well, hello from the airport, people, after missing last night’s flight, spending €350 per person to get tickets for this morning and sleeping 3 hours in an airport hotel room! How is your day going? :bawl::bawl::bawl: 

Conclusions: French traffic is awful. French people are slow drivers. French info desk people are rude. Always always check the distance between the airport and your accommodation. Always always make sure to get to the airport 2 hours before your departure time. Don’t try to save money on flights, you’ll end up losing on it. And maybe don’t have a meltdown at airports either, but that’s hardly the main conclusion here as it had no influence to change the situation whatsoever. What had, was the traffic, the slow drivers and the trashy airport and trashy aviation company and our own naivity to think it was enough to leave the hotel 2 hours and 45 minutes before departure time. 

7 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well, hello from the airport, people, after missing last night’s flight, spending €350 per person to get tickets for this morning and sleeping 3 hours in an airport hotel room! How is your day going? :bawl::bawl::bawl: 

Conclusions: French traffic is awful. French people are slow drivers. French info desk people are rude. Always always check the distance between the airport and your accommodation. Always always make sure to get to the airport 2 hours before your departure time. Don’t try to save money on flights, you’ll end up losing on it. And maybe don’t have a meltdown at airports either, but that’s hardly the main conclusion here as it had no influence to change the situation whatsoever. What had, was the traffic, the slow drivers and the trashy airport and trashy aviation company and our own naivity to think it was enough to leave the hotel 2 hours and 45 minutes before departure time. 

I’ve driven in London,Barcelona and LA and would pick any of those to drive in over Paris!.

5 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Yes. I'm a hideous old monster. :( 

Well you can always take consolation in the fact that you’ll always be 2 years younger than me :P.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Hey, happy International Women's Day, spamettes! :commie::commie::commie:

Women Gotta Stick Together ... all across this land ... women gotta stick together ... and tell each other the truth ... ;)

Cheers to that!

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Women Gotta Stick Together ... all across this land ... women gotta stick together ... and tell each other the truth ... ;)

:commie:

46 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

MIND BLOWN.

I thought Wolpertinger were completely invented by Walter Moers! What is this ... ?! :commie::stunned::eek::commie: *not sure which emoticon to use, but the commie one always works* :commie:

I do not approve of this mythological creature as it uses hop hop parts yet isn’t fully a hop hop.

Therefore it needs blasting with lightning.

5 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I do not approve of this mythological creature as it uses hop hop parts yet isn’t fully a hop hop.

Therefore it needs blasting with lightning.

I agree. The Moersian (Zamonian) version looks like a dog who can walk upright and has small horns or antlers. I like this version much better. The hop hop version just makes no sense.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Why do men never listen and only think about themselves,

AS OPPOSED TO WOMEN WHO ALWAYS LISTEN AND NEVER THINK ABOUT THEMSELVES,

MIND BLOWN.

I thought Wolpertinger were completely invented by Walter Moers! What is this ... ?! :commie::stunned::eek::commie: *not sure which emoticon to use, but the commie one always works* :commie:

:o 

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Why do men never listen and only think about themselves,

AS OPPOSED TO WOMEN WHO ALWAYS LISTEN AND NEVER THINK ABOUT THEMSELVES,

OOH, I HEAR YOU GIRL!

5 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

:o 

Yes, good one. But not strong enough. :P

MIND BLOWN.

I give you the elusive Wild Haggis

The terrifying Hoop Snake

And the often deadly Drop Bear

There's a pub in Edinburgh called the Red Squirrel, that has what I think are squirrel skulls with small sets of antlers attached, on some of the walls.

Archived