TTTNE 472: A new Year, a new Ruler-or not

Jen'ari

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

If she is going to consort with vampires she can at least go for ones that will be a good influence on her, although the power to drink blood is insignificant next to the power of the force.

And if she decided to be on the light side, to join the Jedi? Will you disown the poor child?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

And if she decided to be on the light side, to join the Jedi? Will you disown the poor child?

I’m confident that won’t be a choice I’d have to make, but no, of course I wouldn’t!, I worry about my partners influence in that regard, she is a Stark fan after all, which let’s face it is only one step away from being a Jedi :P.

I finished the chick flick show I was watching. And I’m finally in the mood for violent, bloody, historical fiction so here I come Frontier season 2 and Vikings season whateverisairingrightnow. 

Also, I’m bored. Work is boring. I want to go home and have fun. 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I finished the chick flick show I was watching. And I’m finally in the mood for violent, bloody, historical fiction so here I come Frontier season 2 and Vikings season whateverisairingrightnow. 

Also, I’m bored. Work is boring. I want to go home and have fun. 

I have not been watching Vikings this season either, but I want to at some point. Might just as well start some day now.

I am working in the afternoon today.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I have not been watching Vikings this season either, but I want to at some point. Might just as well start some day now.

I’m working all day. But at least only half a day tomorrow, after which I’m going to get my passport renewed and run a couple other errands and then maybe end up in the theatre, if my father didn’t forget that I gave him tickets for his birthday and the play is tomorrow. Eta: yup he did, oh well.

And then I’m working all day on Friday too x.x but at least I’ll get more money next month. 

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I gave up on Vikings midway through S4 because it became unbearably stupid and I hated what had been done to my beloved characters like Lagertha.

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I gave up on Vikings midway through S4 because it became unbearably stupid and I hated what had been done to my beloved characters like Lagertha.

Yeah, God, Lagertha needs to die. I mean I’m sure Katherine Winnick can get another contract, so let’s end this ordeal, shall we? I bet it doesn’t happen :/ 

First thought of the first second of Frontier season 2: 

since when the F do we start a motion picture with F-ing Beyoncé F-ing Knowles quotes? 

What has this world come to? 

Also, I would kinda appreciate a recap, because I only watched this thing once, like a year ago and who the hell paid attention to the story anyway? I have no idea wtf is happening. 

Is Jason hallucinating this shit? Because that would be the only excuse for this footage. 

Who ARE these people? I don’t remember anything. I remember exactly three people. The General Hux persona, Jason and Jason’s ginger not-Girlfriend. 

I’m not sure what happened to the camera or the editing but these shots are painfully anachronistic. And I have totally forgotten what a low budget production set looks like... 

oh hey, there was a main character! The Athelstan persona! He’s got a new hair that’s why I didn’t remember... and there’s Katie McGrath but I have no recollection of who the her character is. 

This show is killing me. 

20 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So I watched the first episode of the current Vikings.

Hide contents

Lagertha is a rapist now. :shocked::eek::wideeyed:

Seriously, what happened to this show.

Seven hells what did I miss? So glad I stopped watching having read that .

edit: does that ratings bot/Hirst sock puppet still spam the Vikings thread?

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

First thought of the first second of Frontier season 2: 

since when the F do we start a motion picture with F-ing Beyoncé F-ing Knowles quotes? 

What has this world come to? 

Also, I would kinda appreciate a recap, because I only watched this thing once, like a year ago and who the hell paid attention to the story anyway? I have no idea wtf is happening. 

Is Jason hallucinating this shit? Because that would be the only excuse for this footage. 

Who ARE these people? I don’t remember anything. I remember exactly three people. The General Hux persona, Jason and Jason’s ginger not-Girlfriend. 

I’m not sure what happened to the camera or the editing but these shots are painfully anachronistic. And I have totally forgotten what a low budget production set looks like... 

oh hey, there was a main character! The Athelstan persona! He’s got a new hair that’s why I didn’t remember... and there’s Katie McGrath but I have no recollection of who the her character is. 

This show is killing me. 

:lmao: Yah, glad I wasn’t the only one can concerned about a Beyoncé quote. I did not actively watch season 1 or 2 (had it on in the background) but did not fail to notice that quote and even asked hubby if I was reading it correctly :lol: 

i quit Vikings by season 3. Guess I’m grateful I did. 

I finished Hand if God, enjoyed it. Now watching Goliath and also liking it so far. 

I can no longer sleep in my bed because the acid reflux requires me to sleep upright (sofa, which is actually comfortable) but often can’t sleep so I watch way to much tv. In case you were wondering. 

Had a very detailed ultrasound today which is required when you are high risk I.e. old. I could see all the organs and fingers and everything looks normal thank goodness. She is very active - possibly more so than Lil O was - she even turned herself upside down and flipped over. Im thinking gymnastics may be in the future. 

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

:lmao: Yah, glad I wasn’t the only one can concerned about a Beyoncé quote. I did not actively watch season 1 or 2 (had it on in the background) but did not fail to notice that quote and even asked hubby if I was reading it correctly :lol: 

I finished Hand if God, enjoyed it. Now watching Goliath and also liking it so far. 

I can no longer sleep in my bed because the acid reflux requires me to sleep upright (sofa, which is actually comfortable) but often can’t sleep so I watch way to much tv. In case you were wondering. 

Had a very detailed ultrasound today which is required when you are high risk I.e. old. I could see all the organs and fingers and everything looks normal thank goodness. She is very active - possibly more so than Lil O was - she even turned herself upside down and flipped over. Im thinking gymnastics may be in the future. 

Have you had one of those weird 3D ultrasounds or whatever they are called? They always look so weird!

28 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

For the first time, I made coffee myself instead of having a machine do it. It tastes like water with pure caffeine in it. But now I'm drinking it anyway because of the exam I have tonight. Tonight. From 18:15 to 19:30. Who comes up with these numbers?

What kind of devillry is this business of a 45minute exam?! 2hours minimum or GTFO

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

So I watched the first episode of the current Vikings.

Reveal hidden contents

Lagertha is a rapist now. :shocked::eek::wideeyed:

Seriously, what happened to this show.

Now you got me interested enough to tune in. HOW did that happen? The shit that’s been going down in this show....

6 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

RIGHT? Does she or Jay Z have financial interest in the studio/production/anything about the show and asked to be put into the opening credits? There’s no other excuse. 

I’m cosindering checking out Britannia or Knightfall. I tried watching the second season of Last Kingdom but there’s so much lost potential in that show, it’s painful to watch. I really really miss an enjoyable historical fiction show. Shannara was boring and way too fantasy for my taste, GoT is... let’s not even talk about that, Vikings died in season 3, Gunpowder was, again, painfully boring. I tried Reign but it felt like a medieval PLL. I might check out Medici...

if anybody can recommend me something that’s like Spartacus or Tudors season 1-3 or Borgias season 1-2 or Vikings season 1-2.5 or something along the lines, let me know. 

A detailed ultrasound is always good. Your little rose likes to twirl around adorably  like a proper little lady. Aww she’s going to be so cute! Glad to hear everything went well. 

7 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

For the first time, I made coffee myself instead of having a machine do it. It tastes like water with pure caffeine in it. But now I'm drinking it anyway because of the exam I have tonight. Tonight. From 18:15 to 19:30. Who comes up with these numbers?

We had similarly extreme times for a few exams in my last year. Good luck! 

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Have you had one of those weird 3D ultrasounds or whatever they are called? They always look so weird!

What kind of devillry is this business of a 45minute exam?! 2hours minimum or GTFO

Thought of this.

It's 75 minutes, for your information :P And I checked again, it was supposed to be 19:45, so it's supposed to be an hour and a half. I don't know about you but that's plenty of torture for me.

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

12 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

We once had a 15-minute writing exam (I think, or maybe it was 20 - not sure, but it was ridiculously short, is what I am trying to say). And a part of the instructions were written in verses.

2 hours is kinda maximum for an exam.

20 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Now you got me interested enough to tune in. HOW did that happen? The shit that’s been going down in this show....

RIGHT? Does she or Jay Z have financial interest in the studio/production/anything about the show and asked to be put into the opening credits? There’s no other excuse. 

I’m cosindering checking out Britannia or Knightfall. I tried watching the second season of Last Kingdom but there’s so much lost potential in that show, it’s painful to watch. I really really miss an enjoyable historical fiction show. Shannara was boring and way too fantasy for my taste, GoT is... let’s not even talk about that, Vikings died in season 3, Gunpowder was, again, painfully boring. I tried Reign but it felt like a medieval PLL. I might check out Medici...

if anybody can recommend me something that’s like Spartacus or Tudors season 1-3 or Borgias season 1-2 or Vikings season 1-2.5 or something along the lines, let me know. 

A detailed ultrasound is always good. Your little rose likes to twirl around adorably  like a proper little lady. Aww she’s going to be so cute! Glad to hear everything went well. 

Medici is awfully boring, with bland characters and I couldn’t even tell you the plot now. I can’t imagine you liking it either. 

I also enjoyed TLK season 2 so my recs may not line up with yours...Wolf Hall, which I think I recommended before. Can’t recall if you watched it or not. It’s the same time period as the Tudors - Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. It’s also a quick watch. 6 episodes I think.

The Crown is a bit sparse on any kind of gripping plot but worth watching for Foy’s performance and the production values alone. Also the portrayal of Churchill in season 1

Non historical fiction recommendations; Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency. Hilariously wacky and whimsical but doesn’t do so at the expense of having compelling characters and interesting plot 

The Expanse,

13 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Thought of this.

It's 75 minutes, for your information :P And I checked again, it was supposed to be 19:45, so it's supposed to be an hour and a half. I don't know about you but that's plenty of torture for me.

Oops, misread. But even so, I have not had an exam shorter than 2 hours in...well a very long time

7 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

We once had a 15-minute writing exam (I think, or maybe it was 20 - not sure, but it was ridiculously short, is what I am trying to say). And a part of the instructions were written in verses.

2 hours is kinda maximum for an exam.

:o 15 minute exam? The hell? Most of mine were three hours...

7 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

:o 15 minute exam? The hell? Most of mine were three hours...

I don't think I ever had one that lasted 3 hours without a pause. The exams at the end of high school were longer altogether, but there were short pauses between every sheet of questions.

Sometimes the wait for an oral exam lasted longer than 3 hours though, if one was at the end of the list.

8 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Ugh it doesn’t sound like you’re having a very pleasant time, you have my sympathies :grouphug:.

Ive not watched the last couple of episodes of Vikings, I’ve not had much time!.

I’m really looking forward to this new series Britiania though, people have compared it a bit to GoT but it’s set in Roman conquest era Britain and has a great cast, including the Emperor himself :D.

Archived