AncalagonTheBlack

Football: “WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT”?

319 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JordanJH1993 said:

Though the grass may not be that much greener at Real Madrid for Hazard. Zidane is his idol; if he’s sacked, we might be able to hold onto him this summer for another season. But I still think he and Courtois have their minds in Madrid already.

I think Real will come in for Hazard at the end of the season. It looks like Ronaldo has started his decline and Benzema has been in decline for over a year already - Zidane's stubborn refusal to drop the latter resulted in Morata leaving which has been a big mistake. There are rumours that Real are considering triggering Icardi's release clause. If Zidane is sacked then maybe either Courtois or DDG will be targeted as well - think the only reason Real didn't renew their pursuit of DDG is because Zidane likes Navas and winning CL titles gave Zidane some pull. Courtois is probably the more realistic target though. Given 'faxgate' and how Real jerked us around over Morata, it seems bridges have been burned.

Not if Real switch back to a 4-3-3 and bring in Icardi as well.

This slipped my mind. Doesn't look like Real will target either Courtois or DDG as Marca reported recently that Kepa Arrizabalaga from Athletic Bilbao is the primary GK target and Marca are basically Real Madrid's mouthpiece.

Having not signed any Galaticos in a few seasons, I would not be surprised if Real Madrid splashed out on Hazard, Courtois, Icardi and a few others all in one window.

I’d say Courtois is a certainty to be at the Bernabau next season, given that his ex partner and kids live there. 

I don’t think Hazard will replace Ronaldo, though, Polish. The current Ronaldo we are seeing is just a goalscorer. Yes, he’s not doing that well in the league, but his goal rate in the CL is still excellent this season. If Real Madrid sign Icardi or another centre forward, I’d say they’d be more of a replacement for Ronaldo, as they’d be trying to replace his goals. I can’t imagine many scoring the amount of goals peak Ronaldo scored a season, but they can try!

Hazard would actually be more of a replacement for Benzema or Bale, if he’s sold. Neither Benzema or Bale can achieve Ronaldo’s goal count. At best Benzema was around at 30 goals in all competitions striker, but he scorers fewer goals these days. Bale is more around 20. In Hazard’s best season at Chelsea he scored 19 in 52, so he’s never been a regular scorer, but you’d think his numbers would bump up just by playing for Real Madrid. He might finally reach well beyond 20, maybe 30.

Ornstein reporting that the deal involving Sanchez and Mkhi will be a straight swap with no cash involved. Good deal for United if this ends up being the case.

Edited by Consigliere

31 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Ornstein reporting that the deal involving Sanchez and Mkhi will be a straight swap with no cash involved. Good deal for United if this ends up being the case.

A far better deal for Man United than Arsenal. That nearly makes up for the fact Man United will be paying him £350k a week. Still think that’s an extraordinary weekly wage for Alexis even by Premier League standards.

6 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

A far better deal for Man United than Arsenal. That nearly makes up for the fact Man United will be paying him £350k a week. Still think that’s an extraordinary weekly wage for Alexis even by Premier League standards.

Makes it worth it if we don't have to pay a transfer fee though. Zlatan will be leaving at the end of the season and Carrick retiring so that alleviates the wage bill quite a lot although wages are not a problem for United given the clubs revenue. Despite having the biggest wage bill, the wages are still 50% (or less) of revenue. I suspect Mkhi and Raiola might be paid off as well but not having to pay a transfer fee makes this deal quite a bit less expensive for United.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

That's ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Mexal said:

That's ridiculous.

Anyone other than Ornstein and I would have been calling bullshit. Don't know how Arsenal can go from £35m asking price to straight swap. 

2 hours ago, Consigliere said:

not a fucking chance. 

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Anyone other than Ornstein and I would have been calling bullshit. Don't know how Arsenal can go from £35m asking price to straight swap. 

Didn’t see it on his Twitter. Did you see it somewhere else?

Sky Italia claim Chelsea have made an approach for Roma left back Emerson.

I don't know much about him, but this kind of signing would please me. As good as Alex Sandro is, I wouldn't like to see us spend £60m+ on a left back. Alonso isn't the most dynamic of full backs, but very few full backs or wing backs can score the amount of goals he does. 12 goals in 52 league games is brilliant for a wing back. If we bring in an expensive left back like Alex Sandro, we will almost certainly lose a goal scoring threat. Considering we are struggling for goals this season, we need all our regular scorers playing. We do need someone as cover and to challenge him, though.

On 1/16/2018 at 3:21 PM, JordanJH1993 said:

The redevelopment of our new stadium hasn't even started yet and we are already scraping the barrel. Are we becoming post-Emirates Arsenal?

Here's hoping :cheers:

Walcott sold to Everton. I hope he finds immense success. Class act even if he lacks the ability to stay onside.

Chelsea made a struggle out of Norwich. Championship team takes them to a replay and then shootout to decide the winner. We hardly did much to get out of our rut as we let up the equalizer 3 minutes into stoppage time. Morata's nightmare continues. Had a chance to score the winner in extra time and played it right to the keeper. He follows that up a couple minutes later with a dive in the 18, gets a yellow, argues with the ref and gets a second yellow. I'll take the win but god damn it was ugly. Gonna be a rough second half of the season I think.

In an apt summary of the craziness that has embraced PSG, Neymar has been booed by his own fans for scoring his fourth goal of their game tonight, in which he also grabbed two assists.

He refused to let Cavani take a penalty that would have made him club top scorer.

@polishgenius That's bush league by Neymar. Wonder how long till Cavani is out of there. Would imagine this power struggle will result with someone leaving, and it won't be Neymar.

Well, for starters it'll be Unai Emery, who hasn't been able to control the situation at all.

But it might be Neymar, since the chatter is that he thinks he's moving to Madrid to replace Ronaldo. Whether Madrid know about this is another matter- I mean, if I was them I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. The behaviour he's shown this season, he makes Ronaldo look normal.