The Last Jedi (Spoilers): Force-Choke or Tour-de-Force?

Bronn Stone

3 hours ago, karaddin said:

Lol. This has been greeted with enthusiasm by one particular demographic on twitter and hated by everyone else from what I've seen. Maybe they're trying to pander to the group that's been hating on the SW movies for being too SJW?

I have to believe that's pure PR spin and not her own opinion, but I don't understand why she'd be on board with it in the first place. But she's seemed like she has a decent grasp of things so far, and her decisions to can the original Directors of Solo and Trevorrow from EpIX after The Book of Henry all seemed sound. So I'm just confused.

That or D&D wrote that quote for her.

34 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Heck, if you want to go by the "it's not a hit cause I didn't like it" metric, Transformers are all abysmal failures, Potc only had one "hit film", the dark knight trilogy ended with shit, and don't get me started on the first two Thor films.

LotR was fun though.

From what I remember the first movies of each trilogy were all well accepted movies at the time.

The star wars prequel wasn t. I hear people complain about those movies since they were on cinema!

Another interesting thing is that in nearly all the trilogies I said the third movie scored less than the second and the second scored more than the first.

ps you can add star trek to the list

30 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Dude, the first prequel was a huge hit.

Transformers isn't as was never planned out as a trilogy.

Thor, as I stated above, is part of the MCU and shouldn't really count.

The first 2 movies of the prequel have a shit score... How can you cal them a hit?

9 minutes ago, divica said:

The first 2 movies of the prequel have a shit score... How can you cal them a hit?

Unlike The Last Jedi they performed financially as expected and they sold tons of toys. It also lead into a Clone Wars TV series that was a hit and is still very popular with fans. New toys and The Last Jedi material is not selling well. And idea that they still made a lot of money is not an answer. If product is not preforming as good as it was expected you have a problem. While majority of fans did like TLJ, baklash from some of the hard core fans (those that collect toys and buy all that things) is hurting Disney. 

1 minute ago, Lady Darry said:

Unlike The Last Jedi they performed financially as expected and they sold tons of toys. New toys and The Last Jedi material is not selling well. And idea that they still made a lot of money is not an answer. If product is not preforming as good as it was expected you have a problem. While majority of fans did like TLJ, baklash from some of the hard core fans (those that collect toys and buy all that things) is hurting Disney. 

You have a source for this? This is the first I have heard about the merch not performing as well as expected.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I don't think you know what hit means.

And holy shit, the first Transformers movie was NOT accepted at the time.

Whatever. Those are a lot of recent trilogies where the second movie earned more money than the first.

The tendency isn t what you said...

1 hour ago, divica said:

Whatever. Those are a lot of recent trilogies where the second movie earned more money than the first.

The tendency isn t what you said...

Hunger Games comes to mind. 

Archived