Westeros Experts League 2018

Week

25 minutes ago, boiled leather said:

Yes, I sucked int he finals, humbly asking you to overlook that

Not your fault, I was just freakin’ unstoppable this year.....at least in Thunderdome :P

20 hours ago, boiled leather said:

wow!  I never thought i'd see the door cracked to these hallowed halls again.  

if elected I will serve.  i appreciate the consideration and I'll repay with bribes at worldcon in my backyard (literally and figuratively) this year if required.  Since "deserving" is a criteria, let me put out a few key items on my resume:

I came in 2nd in thunderdome, gently ignoring Mya's collapse. (i believe that's my 2nd or 3rd top 3 finish in thunderdome - yes, I sucked int he finals, humbly asking you to overlook that) And I think I'm an old timer, with enough gray hair to qualify.  

thank you for your consideration.  

Ugh it appear I @'d the wrong Boiled Leather. Hate when I do that. From now on, need everyone to have names you don't see often on this board like Jaime or Bronn.

Looking good for your candidacy though, BL between both your case, your interest, the actual votes and the fact ME's ban appears to be holding firm. Have to think he's now terrorizing a Divergent forum, lobbying to join their FFL Experts league. 

Since their wins are about equal, I'd vote for boiled leather based on the length of time that he's played in the Westeros leagues.  

I'm also concerned about Manhole's ban.  If permanent, I think that should be disqualifying.  If it's just a month or so, I'd like to delay the selection so that Manhole gets a chance to make his case.

52 minutes ago, Mudguard said:

Since their wins are about equal, I'd vote for boiled leather based on the length of time that he's played in the Westeros leagues.  

I'm also concerned about Manhole's ban.  If permanent, I think that should be disqualifying.  If it's just a month or so, I'd like to delay the selection so that Manhole gets a chance to make his case.

Sadly it is permanent, at least for the time being. I’ve seen others come back from them though, so I’m remaining hopeful.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

HOW HAVE I NOT GOTTEN ANY VOTES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? NOT EVEN THE PONY QUEEN VOTED FOR ME!!!!!!!! RIGGED SYSTEM!!!! FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!! SAD!!!!!!!!! 

I still don’t even really know who you are. 

6 minutes ago, Mya Stone said:

I still don’t even really know who you are. 

All the more reason to let me in. Don’t buy into Nefarious @Jaime L's malevolent plans to troll me. He just mad cause I warned him that Kirk Cousins is a bad quarterback, and now he’s having to realize that I was the teller of truths. 

Mudguard's vote makes 4 out of a possible 7 for BL. Congrats @boiled leather, you're in!

Sorry, Manhole, whereever you are.

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

All the more reason to let me in. Don’t buy into Nefarious @Jaime L's malevolent plans to troll me. He just mad cause I warned him that Kirk Cousins is a bad quarterback, and now he’s having to realize that I was the teller of truths. 

Someone sounds (justifiably) nervous about the Saints.

12 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Mudguard's vote makes 4 out of a possible 7 for BL. Congrats @boiled leather, you're in!

Sorry, Manhole, whereever you are.

Someone sounds (justifiably) nervous about the Saints.

Nah, I trust my team. Though if there was a team I’d like to dodge in the NFC, it would have been the Saints.

thank you for letting me into these hallowed threads.

i promise to be cruel, just like the rest of you.  and if you are too mean to me, I'll sick the redwoman on you -- I believe Mya and Bronn (and several others) can speak to the wrath my Valkyrie can bring. :)  I'm Sure Happy It's Thursday.

25 minutes ago, boiled leather said:

...and if you are too mean to me, I'll sick the redwoman on you -- I believe Mya and Bronn (and several others) can speak to the wrath my Valkyrie can bring.

I want to go on record as having stated she is literally an angel on Earth and the finest of humans.

Really, I do.  On record.  For self-preservation reasons if nothing else.

22 hours ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

Especially me. I'm the whiniest whiner. In fact, sometimes i get sick of whining but then I whine again and it's all better.

Just trying out my corresponding vernacular for the Westeros Experts Insider gig that has opened up.:P

It's a rough job, but someone's got to do it.

They're all gonna come after you now. And not just the mob. Politicians. Cops. Anyone who's wallet is about to get lighter.

Are you up to it? I hope so.

Because if they get anything on You, all of those criminals are back on the street.

Followed swiftly by you and me.

Archived