Rises in the West

Bastard of Starfall

21 minutes ago, divica said:

But she thinks she can t have babies because she was cursed by mirri. We never hear danny lamenting about having lost her period. 

Cripples have great power, according to Br and the Children of the Forest.  Bran got crippled and it enhanced his powers.  I think the same holds true for Dany.  Barrenness cripples a woman.  One of the price she paid for her dragons. 

3 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

Maybe it's because I've had this on my mind since giving Dany VIII in Game another read, but the descriptions Dany gives of the dancing shadows have me wondering about the lasting effect of MMD's blood magic and how long Dany will feel these effects since she's been in the tent.

If we take Quentyn Martell as the sun rising in the west and setting in the east, then the blood magic might be winding down just now, at the end of ADWD. 

I don't know if this was ever discussed, but it brings me to Patchface's riddle in the Prologue of Clash

I wonder if MMD's magic and Patchface's riddle are connected. Dany sees shadows in the tent, she calls them shapes and dancers. She says MMD was dancing, and not alone. Maybe Dany was going to be surrounded with those shadows for a time until the blood magic wore off.

That's an interesting notion. 

Archived